GDT: Quarterfinal - May 23 - Czech Republic vs Germany

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
Riha had better know what he's doing leaving out Vrana and making him the 13th forward.

Nedved had a chat with him.

Reactions: Babula

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
One quote I found from our coach was "If we perform as a compact unit again, surely we have a chance". Doesn't sound like uderestimation to me.
Eishockey-WM 2019: Deutschland-Trainer Söderholm vor Tschechien selbstbewusst | Mehr Eishockey

To me, it's quite obvious that Czech Republic are clear favourites, but Germany do have a real chance. I haven't seen CR play, but their results, as you say, have been good. Germany, OTOH, haven't been playing consistently well, even though they mostly got the results they needed. But they have improved over the course of the tournament, and they arguably have the best goalie and the best skater in this matchup. Let's see how it goes. I'm hoping for a good, close game.

There were some comments here that people have been hoping for a matchup with the Czech. However, the context was not that anyone was taking them lightly, but that everyone thought the chances were better than if the had to play Russia, which is hard to argue against.

In goal and with the top 6 forwards Germany can hold their own, but beyond that the Czech team is clearly better.
Overall it is still close enough that there is a chance to beat them in a single elimination game, though it is a small one.

Reactions: Ratatoskr

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Riha had better know what he's doing leaving out Vrana and making him the 13th forward.

Nedved had a chat with him.

Next year, when NHL guys don't come the media and fans will complain about it. Benching Vrana in favour of a Zohorna or a Gulas is insane. He has 4 goals which ties him with Kubalik and Simon. There are only 8 guys in the entire tourney that have scored more goals than him. This is the guy we're benching.

IIHF - Statistics 2019 IIHF ICE HOCKEY WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Yes, only roster choice being revealed ahead of time.

Vrána being in question is thus far speculation because of practice.

They played him in that spot for 6 games... and now they change lines.lol

Babula

May 31, 2012
I have no idea how the result of this match will look at the end. I just think it is an even duel. I am so wondering about this Germany team... and of course on this match as quarterfinal. a bit a pumped right now to be honest.

Reactions: Czechboy

ebergeist

Apr 29, 2018
Finnland
Team Germany

Grubauer (Treutle)

M.Müller-Holzer
Seidenberg-Seider
J.Müller-Nowak
Reul

Ehliz-Draisaitl-Hager
Plachta-Michaelis-Eisenschmid
Tiffels-Kahun-Mauer
Loibl-Noebels-Pföderl
Fauser

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Team Germany

Grubauer (Treutle)

M.Müller-Holzer
Seidenberg-Seider
J.Müller-Nowak
Reul

Ehliz-Draisaitl-Hager
Plachta-Michaelis-Eisenschmid
Tiffels-Kahun-Mauer
Loibl-Noebels-Pföderl
Fauser
Mistake.. you guys start Truetle instead. Drai looked tired last game as well. Maybe bench him for the Semi's?

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Grubauer completely gave up and we shot it through the crease twice!

Zohorna drew a penalty!

Great start.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
For a 4th liner.. Palat has got a lot of ice time. Kovar with a few good looks. I know I wanted Chytil playing wing... but I meant on 3rd or 4th line.lol

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Hope Bartosak did a lot of stretching and Yoga during power break.. guarantee the first shot on him will be a good scoring chance.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad