GDT: Quarterfinal - May 23 - Czech Republic vs Germany

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
How isn't he the first top 3 Germans. Much like us benching Vrana... offensive skill guys that dominate games don't always look like they are skating like hell. They control the game with vision and skill. Drai is a Top 10 player in the world. I'll go as far as saying there is not one player in Europe near his quality.

I was disappointed in Grubauer... he's amazing but didn't show it today.

Já si fakt myslím že je lehce zraněnej. Prostě nedává smysl aby ho Říha posadil no úkor Zohornů nebo Gulaše.

Myslím si že Bartošák dnes Grubauera předčil. Až na tu botu byl bezchybnej.

Ještě bych se zeptal jako Moravák Moraváka... Jaká je tvoje klubová příslušnost?

czechmate

Jan 1, 2016
Já si fakt myslím že je lehce zraněnej. Prostě nedává smysl aby ho Říha posadil no úkor Zohornů nebo Gulaše.

Ještě bych se zeptal jako Moravák Moraváka... Jaká je tvoje klubová příslušnost?

Morava :thumbu:

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018

** I think Riha is using 'his gut' and not any type of analytics. I don't think Chytil or Vrana were hurt. I think he loves Gulas and the Zohornas (and they do work very hard) and wants to show the world that Extraliga is just as good.

** I agree.. Bartosak was better. Grubauer is an amazing goalie and I think very underated but his game today was not what I'd expect from him. He may have been their best chance at winning and it didn't work out. Bartosak, who I was opposed to, has looked great. There are 2 non NHL goalies in the semi's. I'm going to say that is the first time in history. I'm also going to say that I can't honestly remember the last time an Extraliga goalie was in the semis?

Born in Brno.. visit frequenly. My team in Extraliga is Kometa and I think Brno is currently the new ground for Czech players (used to be Kladno) as it feels like a lot of the best Czech prospects are now coming from Morava - Zboril, Necas, Kaut. It used to be just Robert Kron! However, my non Czech team is the Oilers and they are awful. I do watch Extraliga on Sunday mornings but, I'm sorry, it isn't close to the NHL.

I'm not sure if your questions in Czech were sarcasm or not but I hope I answered them to your liking. Every so often Czech fans REALLY take exception to the fact I don't type in Czech and think of me as an outsider despite me being about as big a fan as Czech hockey as you'll ever meet! Being a Czech fan in Canada is not easy, it pisses a lot of people of and we lose way more than I'd like. It's rare I can have conversations about Czech hockey which is why I'm all over the place here.

Reactions: czechmate

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018

** I think Riha is using 'his gut' and not any type of analytics. I don't think Chytil or Vrana were hurt. I think he loves Gulas and the Zohornas (and they do work very hard) and wants to show the world that Extraliga is just as good.

** I agree.. Bartosak was better. Grubauer is an amazing goalie and I think very underated but his game today was not what I'd expect from him. He may have been their best chance at winning and it didn't work out. Bartosak, who I was opposed to, has looked great. There are 2 non NHL goalies in the semi's. I'm going to say that is the first time in history. I'm also going to say that I can't honestly remember the last time an Extraliga goalie was in the semis?

Born in Brno.. visit frequenly. My team in Extraliga is Kometa and I think Brno is currently the new ground for Czech players (used to be Kladno) as it feels like a lot of the best Czech prospects are now coming from Morava - Zboril, Necas, Kaut. It used to be just Robert Kron! However, my non Czech team is the Oilers and they are awful. I do watch Extraliga on Sunday mornings but, I'm sorry, it isn't close to the NHL.

I'm not sure if your questions in Czech were sarcasm or not but I hope I answered them to your liking. Every so often Czech fans REALLY take exception to the fact I don't type in Czech and think of me as an outsider despite me being about as big a fan as Czech hockey as you'll ever meet! Being a Czech fan in Canada is not easy, it pisses a lot of people of and we lose way more than I'd like. It's rare I can have conversations about Czech hockey which is why I'm all over the place here.​

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018

I'm not sure if your questions in Czech were sarcasm or not but I hope I answered them to your liking. Every so often Czech fans REALLY take exception to the fact I don't type in Czech and think of me as an outsider despite me being about as big a fan as Czech hockey as you'll ever meet! Being a Czech fan in Canada is not easy, it pisses a lot of people of and we lose way more than I'd like. It's rare I can have conversations about Czech hockey which is why I'm all over the place here.

I mean the main language here is English, so it makes sense to use it as primary way of communication. I just switched to Czech for “privacy”.

No sarcasm involved.

I'm not sure if your questions in Czech were sarcasm or not but I hope I answered them to your liking. Every so often Czech fans REALLY take exception to the fact I don't type in Czech and think of me as an outsider despite me being about as big a fan as Czech hockey as you'll ever meet! Being a Czech fan in Canada is not easy, it pisses a lot of people of and we lose way more than I'd like. It's rare I can have conversations about Czech hockey which is why I'm all over the place here.​

I see. Bartošák is above Extraliga level. His career could have been different if it wasn’t for his... incident. I think he wasn’t proven guilty so there js that.

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
Did you see his face in the Youtube clip on this board? He's not injured.. he's devastated.

I have not. He could be devastated because injury stops him from playing to his maximum ability.

I basically hope he’s injured, otherwise it’s just... odd. Odd decision at best.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I mean the main language here is English, so it makes sense to use it as primary way of communication. I just switched to Czech for “privacy”.

No sarcasm involved.

I see. Bartošák is above Extraliga level. His career could have been different if it wasn’t for his... incident. I think he wasn’t proven guilty so there js that.

I didn't know... I eat a lot of shit on Czech facebook when I make comments. I actually eat a lot of shit when I'm in Brno because I have a 'funny accent' despite my Czech being quite good conversationally. I do have a funny accent though.lol

Bartosak has earned his spot for rest of tourney.. I hope he makes it back to NA and goes on to success... we have so many guys on the cusp of NHL. Assuming Mrazek and Rittich are full timers next year (I think they are):

Korenar, Bartosak, Vladar, Vanecek, Dostal and Skarek are all knocking on the door.

Apparantly, Frodl is being sought after as well. I don't know much about him.

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
@Czechboy

Language is mostly about practise. Just keep your “Ř” abilities.

I won’t hold Vrána being benched against Říha as long as we keep winning.

In a recent interview he mentions that he will reconsider roster against Canada once again, implying that Vrána isn’t benched for good in any way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad