Scratched:
G 35 Mathias Niederberger
D 19 Benedikt Schopper
F 54 Lean Bergmann

Last edited:
Reactions: caley and Ratatoskr

Nexon

Apr 18, 2019
Definitely won´t be easy, we can´t afford to underestimate german team. If we show what we have shown in this tournament so far, we should comfortably win this.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Best Matchup Germany could have hoped for out of the top 3 teams....They certainly have a chance to win...could be a great game.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I agree with 3-2... I think it might go to shootout and we left our shootout ace at home (Hanzl). Grubauer is the best goalie in the match (it would be funny if he played Francouz who he cost a job in Colorado). Drai is the best player in the match. After that, I feel Czechs have all the advantages and a much more even lineup as everyone not named Zohorna scores for us. Our D is stronger. I think the Germans are extremely well coached.

I can't see this being easy and picture a lot of stress!

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Obviously a big danger of Germans being subconsciously underestimated (as consciously everyone is aware of the big teams they have knocked off recently). This Czech team is performing the best of any in recent years though, so it would be very sad to not go through, especially with the almost home atmosphere.

king89

Dec 4, 2018
Germany is overrated, if Czech play a good game then no worries. 4-1.

Retroglyphs

Mar 23, 2018
Best opponent we could have hoped for in the QFs.
On a good day: Team Germany 3 - Team Czech Republic 2.... on a bad day: Team Germany 1 - Team Czech Republic 4

EHCler

May 9, 2003
Visit site
If Germany keeps up the performance like against the US and Finaland it could be an interesting game.
Germany achieved everything they wanted (Olympic Qualification 1/4 - Final) and has nothing to loose.

This World Cup helped the reputation of German hockey once again. :nod:

Reactions: Lauro and KTl

BertMcDrai

Middle old guy loving sports
Nov 26, 2018
I think the difference will be the goaltending...so maybe Grubi will have "the perfect day" and save us once again :)

czechmate

Jan 1, 2016
Czechs shouldn't underestimate the Germans. But the way the Czechs have been playing against similar teams that excel as a team, rather than relying on individual efforts (+5 goals against both Latvia and Switzerland), I believe we should win this one. My guess is 5:2 for Czechs.

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
Today the coaches tested the line-up without Jakub Vrána, who was harshly criticized by some experts after the SUI game, and there are hints that he has been criticized by the coaches themselves for his, say, lazy attitude. Maybe the coaches wanted to give him a lesson and wake him up. It is true that since the SWE game, where he was excellent, he looked not very good, often unfocused, avoiding the physical play. I believe they are trying to make him work hard again, since this guy is somewhat known for showing some not very positive habits regarding his work ethic time to time.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Dr.Drai and Kahun exhausted by the end of the 1st period. Czechs rev up and blows them out of the water 6-1

Nexon

Apr 18, 2019
This is not completely true. Hockey is not a "public phenomenon" in Germany, but there are quite many hockey fans. It is something like basketball or handball in the Czech Republic.

There are good DEL attendances, but national team seldom gets any note in media. It’s similar to the sports you mentioned here but here hockey dont consume 90% of public space as does Football in Germany.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad