Quarterback movement rumor thread

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Apparently the Bears have the best offer so far @Blackhawkswincup. Though not a strong source though. We will just see.

giphy.gif

Rick Mirer situation all over again

Jesus Christ please dont let this be true

Reactions: PhillyWings

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Only way imo the price or return is a first is that Philly is prepared to absorb the entire dead cap hit in trading him. Meaning the acquiring team has no interest in seeing wentz return signing bonus to Philly and them then giving him a signing bonus to take on more cap hit.

Reactions: Voight

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Only way imo the price or return is a first is that Philly is prepared to absorb the entire dead cap hit in trading him. Meaning the acquiring team has no interest in seeing wentz return signing bonus to Philly and them then giving him a signing bonus to take on more cap hit.
Team trading for Wentz still has to make it worth it to then to do that.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
If I were Wentz, I’m finding a way to force myself to the Colts. Obvious reasons and all, the Bears are not a great situation

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Some poor team is about to make a mistake. If the Eagles really created a bidding war and got good value then this might be a bigger heist than getting a desperate Vikings team to give up a 1st for Bradford.
You make a very good point in which I thought up of the other day. Obviously their contract situations are much different, but if Sammy Sleeves can get a first round pick I'll believe Wentz can. This trade is gaining momentum, I think it will be announced sometime next week.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
You make a very good point in which I thought up of the other day. Obviously their contract situations are much different, but if Sammy Sleeves can get a first round pick I'll believe Wentz can. This trade is gaining momentum, I think it will be announced sometime next week.

The contract is the main thing though. The most recent example we have is the Rams/Lions trade where the Rams had to attach a 1st to move Goff's contract and Wentz's is equally as bad. If there really is a bidding war between the Colts and Bears though then the Eagles might've pulled it off. Even a Wentz and a 2nd for a 1st type of deal wouldn't be bad considering they're likely moving on with Hurts anyways.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
If I were Wentz, I’m finding a way to force myself to the Colts. Obvious reasons and all, the Bears are not a great situation
Wentz can help that situation by giving money back to Philly to reduce their dead cap.

with Indy being in the afc vs Chicago who is in the nfc Philly does have some incentive to send him to Indy over Chicago.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The contract is the main thing though. The most recent example we have is the Rams/Lions trade where the Rams had to attach a 1st to move Goff's contract and Wentz's is equally as bad. If there really is a bidding war between the Colts and Bears though then the Eagles might've pulled it off. Even a Wentz and a 2nd for a 1st type of deal wouldn't be bad considering they're likely moving on with Hurts anyways.
Wentz is not really bad for next year only. That should be enough to make him not have negative value. Lions are probably stuck with Goff for 2 years.

Wentz can help that situation by giving money back to Philly to reduce their dead cap.

with Indy being in the afc vs Chicago who is in the nfc Philly does have some incentive to send him to Indy over Chicago.
Sure doesn’t seem like he’s much interested in helping them out.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
It's Indy.

The Colts probably didn't want him because they legitimately thought Rivers was gonna come back for one last rodeo and then were like "oh shit now what?" when he rode off into the sunset. They're definitely not going anywhere with their QB room as it is now so i could see the reasoning, even if it's a massive gamble.

Chicago, specifically Ryan Pace is also probably desperate enough to make the move. His grand plan of drafting Trubisky and turning him into a stud failed miserably. Now he needs to do something to save face and probably his job.

Reactions: Quid Pro Clowe

darko

Feb 16, 2009
It's Indy.

The Colts probably didn't want him because they legitimately thought Rivers was gonna come back for one last rodeo and then were like "oh shit now what?" when he rode off into the sunset. They're definitely not going anywhere with their QB room as it is now so i could see the reasoning, even if it's a massive gamble.

Chicago, specifically Ryan Pace is also probably desperate enough to make the move. His grand plan of drafting Trubisky and turning him into a stud failed miserably. Now he needs to do something to save face and probably his job.

Well Colts should've forked out for Stafford. Their 1st plus a 2nd gets the job done.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
It's Indy.

I’m guessing Phil’s wife got tired of raising their 72 kids on her own.

Reactions: HisIceness

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad