Quarterback movement rumor thread

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
I think this deserves its own thread with the shifting of quarterbacks that will probably happen this offseason. Stafford has gone to the Rams, so who is next? Ryan? Darnold? If they are move before the draft I think that gives you a pretty good sense they are drafting a quarterback. Is Goff flipped again? I think the Texans will take their time with Deshaun and Wentz is difficult to move though it is possible.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Ryan is going nowhere unless they cut him, which may have huge cap implications.
So they may take a quarterback at 4 and whoever that is will just sit the bench? That doesnt happen these days. The Falcons need to move on from Ryan. They should have moved on a few years ago. He isnt the issue but the rest of their team, I just dont see it. Maybe with better coaching.

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
So they may take a quarterback at 4 and whoever that is will just sit the bench? That doesnt happen these days. The Falcons need to move on from Ryan. They should have moved on a few years ago. He isnt the issue but the rest of their team, I just dont see it. Maybe with better coaching.
Mahomes sits one season, it's not big deal.

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Mahomes sits one season, it's not big deal.
He is just one though. I think the Falcons should draft a quarterback especially if Fields is there and let him play. After they blew Super Bowl 51 they were never going to get as close as they did.

Didalee Hed

I’m trying to understand
Sep 14, 2019
Rodgers isn’t going anywhere. He’s the mvp and his team should be in the super bowl. There’s no universe they don’t go hard at it this coming season, with how good Rodgers still is, and after all the “no help for Rodgers” backlash. Packers go wr/te early and maybe not just once. Maybe Jones gets kept on a one year let’s win it all deal.

Reactions: Voight

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Could Lions flip Goff to a team making that contract even more favorable to another team while Lions rebuild (And draft own QB)?

Like say could Goff go to Bears for a 2nd with more cap savings on his contract? I assume Rams and Lions both would be on hook for some of Goff deal in this scenario?

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

No team is trading for Ryan. His cap hit is nearly a quarter of the salary cap/$40 million and has regressed immensely the last couple years.

Falcons could cut him but the dead cap hit could be massive. Next year it gets much easier.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The Mahomes sitting his first season is totally overrated. If the Chiefs weren’t as good as they were that season he would’ve played more. Maybe he should have. He’s not as good as he is because he sat his first season and if he was he wouldn’t be as good as he is now. If you’re good you should be on the field as soon as possible.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
No team is trading for Ryan. His cap hit is nearly a quarter of the salary cap/$40 million and has regressed immensely the last couple years.

Falcons could cut him but the dead cap hit could be massive. Next year it gets much easier.
Goff will count like $20 million in dead money against the Rams cap in 2021. Stafford will cost the Lions $17 mill in dead cap money in 2021.

Ryan on another team isn't going to cost that new team $40 million in salary cap hit. ATL would have to be willing to absorb a big dead cap hit if they move off him in 2021, even via trade. There are ways to lessen that impact, but would require Ryan returning some signing bonus and the acquiring team basically re-doing his contract to return that signing bonus to him. But, if ATL moves Ryan, they basically need to move Julio as well.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
Could Lions flip Goff to a team making that contract even more favorable to another team while Lions rebuild (And draft own QB)?

Like say could Goff go to Bears for a 2nd with more cap savings on his contract? I assume Rams and Lions both would be on hook for some of Goff deal in this scenario?
So Bears will essentially have two Mitchell Trubiskys

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Seeing reports that Wentz doesn't want to return to Philly, but come on man, you stunk the past season. And your contract is brutal for Philly to move. Unless you rework the contract and return some of the Signing Bonus to facilitate a trade, it's hard for Philly to move you.

Plus, I doubt an acquiring team like Indy/SF/Chi is interested in giving you a $30 mill contract average that they will be locked into for the next 2-3 years. Too much risk for them given your injury history and poor play recently.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I doubt any team views Trubisky as a starter. More of a backup option to go to if their guy falters.

dallas has to be open to all options. In the event Dak won’t sign a new deal does a second tag on him make sense given his injury?

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
The 49ers are apparently still pushing hard to bring in Cousins. Niners offered Jimmy G, a 2nd and a 4th. Minnesota declined and demanded a 1st (logical given the market)

What the hell is Shanahan's fascination with this dude? Cousins isn't...terrible but he's also not a guy i look at and go "yes this is the guy to take me to the top" especially since his time as a Viking has largely been a disappointment.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Carr is trending on twitter, apparently a bunch of teams are interested in him.

The 49ers are apparently still pushing hard to bring in Cousins. Niners offered Jimmy G, a 2nd and a 4th. Minnesota declined and demanded a 1st (logical given the market)

What the hell is Shanahan's fascination with this dude? Cousins isn't...terrible but he's also not a guy i look at and go "yes this is the guy to take me to the top" especially since his time as a Viking has largely been a disappointment.
The Niners could always potentially draft a quarterback. They pick 12th, might be able to pick one there, or maybe trade up a few spots.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad