Quarterback movement rumor thread

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Well Colts should've forked out for Stafford. Their 1st plus a 2nd gets the job done.

I would agree with theory. Probably would depend on how much the Lions valued Goff over getting a higher pick. Goff isn't good but the Lions still needed to trot something out at QB.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Philly should be attaching a 1st rounder to Wentz just for someone to take him IMO.

The Eagles are screwed by that contract either way.
It makes no sense for them to trade him for nothing let alone add to get rid off him. They would be way better off keeping him and hoping Sirianni can atleast get him back to a respectable level before they add desperately needed picks to get rid off him.

The caphit in 2021 (when the capcrunch really hits them) is basically identical whether he stays on the roster or gets traded. Relief would only come in 2022 for the Eagles.
The contract is actually rather manageable for an acquiring team (averagin less than 24m a year I think and somewhat cuttable in 1-2 years down the line...

Thats why Howie will probably hold out for atleast a 1st. I would do a 2nd + but thats probably not enough for Lurie/Howie and considering how many teams are in desperate need of QBs, it looks like he just might get that price...

I am done with Wentz and don't really think the acquiring team will make a good move but stranger things have happened.
He certainly needs a huge kick in his butt and he is never getting that in Philly. There is some upside there but its time to end the relationship between the Eagles and Wentz.

People are also spouting nonsense about that Stafford deal IMO. The situations are not comparable at all and its way easier to talk yourself (IMO foolishly) into Wentz somehow returning to his 2017 MVP level with a better roster and a coach he respects (seems to have been a key issue in Philly but thats mostly on Carson being an entitled prick if one believes the rumors) than to talk yourself into Goff becoming a better QB away from McVay and a a rather stacked Rams team...
LA also needed to offload Goff to make room for Stafford and gave up non-2021 1sts and had to outbid a ton of organisations...
I am pretty sure that Stafford on his own would have required 2 1sts. Especially if we are talking 2022 and 2023...

Last edited:

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Ryan Pace is a f***ing moron

This is Rick Mirer fiasco all over again

Bears are rotten organization with worst ownership , management and coaching in sports

I f***ing hate this franchise and even if Bears aren't ultimate destination the fact they have interest is a joke enough

Reactions: Boqvy wan Kenobi

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
9FF79603-8D81-4AA0-9636-733A54288CC4.jpeg

For whatever it’s worth

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
If Foles ends up back in Philadelphia...:laugh:

Still, wonder who the Colts will send out there at QB next year. Brissett is serviceable but I can't imagine Indianapolis wanting to go back to that well. Who's left out there, if not Wentz? Watson (who Indy has not been linked to at all) and Dalton? Matt Ryan?

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
A team acquiring Wentz if his contract isn't re-structured, takes on the remaining $98 million of his contract. 2 years are guaranteed for $47 million total. So, if he rebounds, you get a good QB on a nice middle of the pack cap hit contract, as you would keep him for the remaining 2 years for $51 million.

So, comes down to how much you believe in him. If you are Wentz and it's coming down to Chicago and Indy, and you want to go to one of the two teams, maybe you can get them to send you to your more desired team by returning some of your signing bonus to facilitate that. Lowers their dead cap hit.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

Still, wonder who the Colts will send out there at QB next year. Brissett is serviceable but I can't imagine Indianapolis wanting to go back to that well. Who's left out there, if not Wentz? Watson (who Indy has not been linked to at all) and Dalton? Matt Ryan?
I don't foresee the Colts sending the package needed to get Watson, plus he's within the division.

If not Wentz, not much left aside from what you have mentioned.

Colts only have Jacob Eason under contract for next season.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I don't foresee the Colts sending the package needed to get Watson, plus he's within the division.

If not Wentz, not much left aside from what you have mentioned.

Brissett will definitely get another contract since he's apparently really well liked by the Colts staff and in the locker room. Very good quality backup too.
Colts only have Jacob Eason under contract for next season.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California

Carr

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
That leaves LV with what? Only if they get Watson, which I don't believe that they will.
Mariota actually looked pretty good in the limited time he got. The rumor is though that they would use whatever they get for Carr and some other pieces to try to trade for Watson. I agree that it’s unlikely but Carr’s a name that’s always mentioned in trade rumors.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Mariota actually looked pretty good in the limited time he got. The rumor is though that they would use whatever they get for Carr and some other pieces to try to trade for Watson. I agree that it’s unlikely but Carr’s a name that’s always mentioned in trade rumors.
I felt LV would have been a fit for stafford. Move a first and second for him and flip Carr for a second. But la stepped up their offer and for him.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
The three teams are apparently Indy, Chicago and Denver.

Carolina had interest but apparently walked away from the table

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
The three teams are apparently Indy, Chicago and Denver.

Carolina had interest but apparently walked away from the table
Each of those teams make sense. Just a matter of what the return is.

If the return is about the same (Indy/Chi can be very close since they draft 20/21 respectively), but Denver is drafting around 10 or so. If Wentz has a preferred destination, he can try to persuade Philly to send him to say Indy over chicago by returning some Signing Bonus money thus reducing Philly's dead cap hit.

If Wentz can return to form, he'll make that money back on his next contract. Land somewhere that he doesn't perform, he'll get cut in a couple of years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->