GDT: Quarter Final: Russia Vs Switzerland | 6:30AM EST 12:30PM CET | RUS 3 - 1 SUI

Sens72

Football Enthusiast
Aug 31, 2018
Canada
Czech player got 5 minute major for spearing for a very similar play against Canada.

ClarkBolzano

Oct 12, 2018
Special teams are the difference so far. 5vs5 we had the better chances. Gotta stop taking penalties and be more efficient upfront.
what are zou talking about. Russians are making cycles around the swiss players. they are barely touching a puck. Common its not even close. And i am not russian;)

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Capitalizing on scoring chances is about skill. Your team wasn't able to do that nor it's able to control the play by having the puck and dictating the pace. That's the difference, not just PP opportunities. If the Swiss were the ones pinning the opponent down in his zone then you would have had an argument here. But that's not the case.

Of course we're not able to control the play against the top nations...so that was never our ambition. Doesn't mean that we can't compete though. Of course missing chances has to do with skill but our captain missed an almost empty net and shot it right at Askarov. That had nothing to do with skill. Berni has to bury that one and if does and if we don't take that too many men who knows what happens. This isn't quite as one sided as many of you want to make yourselves believe.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
what are zou talking about. Russians are making cycles around the swiss players. they are barely touching a puck. Common its not even close. And i am not russian;)

Yet still they're not getting the good looks. I don't remember one good save by Hollenstein. All routine saves.

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
Of course we're not able to control the play against the top nations...so that was never our ambition. Doesn't mean that we can't compete though. Of course missing chances has to do with skill but our captain missed an almost empty net and shot it right at Askarov. That had nothing to do with skill. Berni has to bury that one and if does and if we don't take that too many men who knows what happens. This isn't quite as one sided as many of you want to make yourselves believe.
That has everything to do with skill. He's had all the time in the world to get the proper shot off and failed to even get all wood on it.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
That has everything to do with skill. He's had all the time in the world to get the proper shot off and failed to even get all wood on it.

Lol. That guy won a championship in the NLA and is now playing a lot of minutes for the defending champs. Do you really wanna claim that he missed on that chance based on a lack of skills when every beer leaguer would have scored from there more often than not? You can't be serious...

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009
This tournament is turning into soccer with all the diving and the weak penalties.

Reactions: wacko2

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Lol. That guy won a championship in the NLA and is now playing a lot of minutes for the defending champs. Do you really wanna claim that he missed on that chance based on a lack of skills when every beer leaguer would have scored from there more often than not? You can't be serious...
I think he just lacked smarts there, to be honest. A smarter player would have known you need to hit the net.

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
Who gives a crap if he's good in NLA? I can now go on the NHL board and claim that Shipachev is a great player who just chose the wrong team to go to in the NHL but that doesn't matter. He failed and run back to Russia, he's not good enough, that's all everyone knows. End of story. You gotta execute on the highest of levels and if you can't then you're not good.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Really? So we should be expecting disciplinary action? The IIHF takes spearing seriously
No, because it was as weak of a spear as they come. But there is only one call for it in the rule book, isn't there?

To be honest, if this was a group stage I wouldn't even be surprised by 1 game suspension, this is IIHF after all. Having said that, I think they aren't gonna do it for the semis.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad