GDT: Quarter Final: Russia Vs Switzerland | 6:30AM EST 12:30PM CET | RUS 3 - 1 SUI

Fried Tree Sap

May 12, 2016
I hate every jersey in this tournament. Never let Nike anywhere near the NHL.

I really hate the new template. Even with Sweden's jerseys where they don't really utilize the template, it still looks worse than past years.

Russia's whites are probably the only ones I kind of like.

Reactions: Machinehead

Pieck

Dec 13, 2017
BC
You act like his whole career is multiple time Conn Smythe winner. I can find a lot of "good players" by your standard. They are in fact not good though.
Alright if you want to be overly harsh on a 19 year old for one mistake and say that he needs to win multiple Conn Smythe’s to make up for it, go ahead.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
Eh, a decent game for Russia. But the finishing skills a tad rusty out there.

Firsov99

Feb 17, 2006
The Swiss players worked very hard (us usually), but the Russians controlled virtually the entire game. Looking forward to another Russia-Canada game.

IslandBeast

Apr 19, 2015
V.I
So, back to the real question, how is that called in the rulebook? Because there is no call worded as "lightly placing his stick in to a guys stomach area".

It's called the ref panicked because he saw the stick in the mid section and the player acting like he was just bit by a poisonous snake. It wasn't a spear, it was nothing, it was just more amateur minor league embellishing and refereeing. It happens.

If it was a spear it would of been five and a game and would Garner possible suspension

Reactions: wacko2

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
Obviously Russia was the better team. Switzerland played a solid game, they'd have needed a good or very good game. And Special teams were the key. Russia had a lot of puck control in 5vs5 but not that many high scoring chances.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Every international game thread is always hard to read
So many cocky winning team fans and posts and salty losing team fans and posts
Why not to win and lose with dignity

Tough game, amazing how Swiss hockey rapidly has been raising lately

Eh we lost but I'm not salty. Played well defensively and had our chances. We even could have won with a bit more luck and without that epic fail early in the 2nd but Russian special teams were too little too good today so they deserve to win. Much better than expected from our side and a good game.

sdf

Jan 23, 2015
Rostov on Don
5406070-5727230570-trans.jpg
you're so weak... Russia

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->