GDT: Quarter Final: Russia Vs Switzerland | 6:30AM EST 12:30PM CET | RUS 3 - 1 SUI

Pieck

Dec 13, 2017
BC
Why are Russian fans being so annoying in this thread?

One poster saying stuff you disagree with doesn’t mean you should disrespect the underdog opponent in every single post you make

Reactions: doug88 and Sens72

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Why are Russian fans being so annoying in this thread?

One poster saying stuff you disagree with doesn’t mean you should disrespect the underdog opponent in every single post you make
Bunch of jerks, am I right?

Or maybe that's just people kidding around on the interwebz, one of the two.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Dude, you haven't got a single decent attack in the first period 5v5, what are you talking about.

Askarov bailed his teammates out a few times and Berni missed an almost empty net in the 1st. Hollenstein on the other side made routine saves only and that nice breakaway goal they scored was pretty much the only Russian high danger chance 5vs5. The rest came on the PP but even there they didn't create much apart from the two goals.

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
It is really odd lol
Bro, to say that swiss team is playing smarter and better in this game you have to have some huge rose-coloured glasses on. Swiss have not offered anything to make this game look like a competitive contest. They are just sitting back without the puck and hoping for some counter attack opportunities where they just can jump on the puck and run it to the net. They are without the puck this whole game. Anyone who says they were playing smarter... I don't know, once you try to take that take seriously you start losing some brain cells.

Khomutov

Sep 22, 2015
Askarov bailed his teammates out a few times and Berni missed an almost empty net in the 1st. Hollenstein on the other side made routine saves only and that nice breakaway goal they scored was pretty much the only Russian high danger chance 5vs5. The rest came on the PP but even there they didn't create much apart from the two goals.

2 PP goals is pretty good. Not much lol.

duga

Jan 28, 2010
Zuerich
Thats probably it if we still win this I will give up sex...
Stranger things happend though.

But I share your concerns. Unless the Russians let loose the last 20 min as the Swedes did, I can't see our side creating 2 goals, unless we are really lucky with bounces. Unfortunately the swiss forwards just can't win enough one-on-one battles to get a proper attacking game.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
2 PP goals is pretty good. Not much lol.

Yeah. I didn't claim the opposite. They're the difference. Our downfall started with that stupid too many men we took early in the 2nd. Stupid way to lose a game.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Shots 25-10. Russians are dominating this game. Switzerland isn't at the same level as the elite teams here.

In terms of high danger chances we're pretty even though. Berni shouldn't have missed the empty net and Askarov made a couple of nice stops. So because of that, special teams have been the difference. Russians scored while we failed to do that.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Yeah. I didn't claim the opposite. They're the difference. Our downfall started with that stupid too many men we took early in the 2nd. Stupid way to lose a game.
You have 10 shots on net through two periods, why are you clinging on that 1st penalty/Russian goal so much. Swiss are lucky to have scored at all.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
Nothing but respect for my Swiss mates and their lovely cuckoo clocks and swiss army knives.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
You have 10 shots on net through two periods, why are you clinging on that Russian goal so much. Swiss are lucky to have scored at all.

Bah. We had less shots and possession against Finland, too and still won. Shots don't mean much. We had our chances...just didn't capitalize. Again, remember the empty net Berni missed and Askarov had two other very good saves, too.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Bah. We had less shots and possession against Finland, too and still won. Shots don't mean much. We had our chances...just didn't capitalize. Again, remember the empty net Berni missed and Askarov had two other very good saves, too.
I don't know what were those. You scored a garbage goal after garbage play by Russians and your 2nd best chance came after Askarov offered terrible rebound. Pretty much it as far as "high danger chances" go.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
I don't know what were those. You scored a garbage goal after garbage play by Russians and your 2nd best chance came after Askarov offered terrible rebound. Pretty much it as far as "high danger chances" go.

You seem to have a pretty short memory:laugh:

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
Capitalizing on scoring chances is about skill. Your team wasn't able to do that nor it's able to control the play by having the puck and dictating the pace. That's the difference, not just PP opportunities. If the Swiss were the ones pinning the opponent down in his zone then you would have had an argument here. But that's not the case.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad