GDT: Quarter Final: Czech Republic Vs Sweden | 2:00PM EST 8:00PM CET | SWE 5 - 0 CZE

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Kubicek, Zabransky and Teply.. good call on best players. We were worried about our D and 2 of our D were our best players. Is Teply eligible to be back next year?

Reactions: letsgrowcactus

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Ugh, watching Slovakia and the Czech Republic makes me wonder about the past. When they were together did they have any superstar type player. Cause they sure don't today.
It was a Top 6 then.. then a Top 7. Now a Top 5.

canswetoxic

Dec 29, 2015
Toronto
To the czech fans. Its good to lose. We are nowhere near the skill level of sweden. Right from puck drop there wasnt much chance.
Federation needs to improve. Losing at home is a good thing. Hopefully opens their eyes more. But i doubt it

They fought hard, vs the Russian and USA. Just that they doesn't possessed the skill to overcome the Swedes

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Congrats Sweden.. You look awesome. I don't see a flaw anywhere.

Both Semi's will be really good... in fact, there isn't a boring game left!

Both pools got 2 teams into the semi's for those keeping count!

Reactions: JHB and 21

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Abysmal how far they've fallen then. I see no superstar type player from either country. What happened?
upload_2020-1-2_16-39-20.png

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The Czechs had a younger roster with an older goalie who would at last give them a chance. I think they played it right though if they can bring back all 12 guys eligible for next year.

Some of these lesser countries should look to concentrate their top talent for a development program like the US does and get them to play in a higher junior league.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Abysmal how far they've fallen then. I see no superstar type player from either country. What happened?
You are right though.. but Pastrnak is all world. Hertl is a damn good 1C as well. Guys like Vrana, Hronek, Chytil, Zadina, Necas are all on the rise as well. All very young and all very good. All 3 of our NHL goalies are under 30.

However, you are right... it's not what it was. We had 80 Czechs in the NHL at our peak and are at 32 now (similar to Russia and Finland).

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
The Czechs had a younger roster with an older goalie who would at last give them a chance. I think they played it right though if they can bring back all 12 guys eligible for next year.

Some of these lesser countries should look to concentrate their top talent for a development program like the US does and get them to play in a higher junior league.
YES! Take a tip from the US NDTP or Finnish programming. Hire good people, come up with a plan and get out of their way.

Reactions: wacko2

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Voráček, Krejčí, Hertl, Hronek and future superstars Chytil, Zadina, Jeník and Nečas.
I purposely left out Krejci (an a top end 2C) as he's getting older. I also left out Voracek for the same reason.

I get SO SAD when I see Jenik on the list. He was projecting to maybe crack the NHL next year as a third rounder and he's done for the season. Same with Lauko.. also projecting to crack the roster next season.

This tournament cost us a lot more in the NHL than it should've.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad