GDT: Quarter Final: Czech Republic Vs Sweden | 2:00PM EST 8:00PM CET | SWE 5 - 0 CZE

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
And there i was in 2018 thinking, that czech hockey is on the good way and on the rise again as these two, Lener and Kral predicted, oh boy how wrong i was....

Watching since 2008, I can tell you that other than some improvements in skating and slight individual skill, it's still the same: losing by large margins to Sweden, USA and Canada.

Do we have to wait another 10 years to finally be better?

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
Lol about the kick to the nuts. The Swedish player got pushed, lost his balance and his leg went in between the legs of the czech player. It wasn't intentional, not with a lot of force and not a penalty. The czech slashings however..

more like pushed and pissed off so saw his chance to raise his foot that high lol.. not accident sorry.

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
Doesn't look like Sweden wants to score any more. They've had enough too.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Watching since 2008, I can tell you that other than some improvements in skating and slight individual skill, it's still the same: losing by large margins to Sweden, USA and Canada.

Do we have to wait another 10 years to finally be better?
Have you seen the German's... we might sink further! Next year is better but we'll still have a Top 5 team in the quarters.

GettingYourMoms

Jun 6, 2018
Agreed.. I'm fine with firing a few guys. Even this whole... you played in the NHL.. now you're a coach stuff is kind of stupid to me.

That Swedish kick to the balls needs to be a suspension.. brutal! Sik got a game for much less. Get that **** trending!

Who kicks a guy in the balls with a 5-0 lead?lol

Who kicks a guy in the balls with skates on?

sorry.. got distracted... I was about to say. Next years team does look more competitive... not Top 5 but closer. Svozil, Kubicek, Has. Mysak, Pitlyk, Raska, Novak. Parik/Malik. good start in all positions. I don't think we'll lose anyone to the NHL.

Maybe we won't get major injuries in every game too!
Losing against Slovaks, Germans And Swiss recently doesn't look competitive for me at all.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Player of the game should've been Czech fans
For Sweden - all of them

Didn't notice Broberg...

wacko2

Dec 28, 2019
various
Have you seen the German's... we might sink further! Next year is better but we'll still have a Top 5 team in the quarters.
Ugh, watching Slovakia and the Czech Republic makes me wonder about the past. When they were together did they have any superstar type player. Cause they sure don't today.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad