GDT: Quarter Final: Czech Republic Vs Sweden | 2:00PM EST 8:00PM CET | SWE 5 - 0 CZE

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
YES! Take a tip from the US NDTP or Finnish programming. Hire good people, come up with a plan and get out of their way.
The Czechs probably have enough to stay home if their talent weren't spread so thin these days. But say if they could get 2 or 3 teams worth of players, or like the together and either send them to or enter the Swedish or Finnish leagues. Same with teams like Slovakia and the Swiss and Germans. A bunch of 'em. Play each other more often.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
The injuries prevented them to really give Sweden & Canada a run for their monney.
Without looking.. I'm postive Canada/Sweden had better players not available due to them being in the NHL.

I make no excuses. I loved this team and really enjoyed them. I was happy we got our point against the States and didn't get sent to relegation matches. We survived the pool of death and took points from US and Russia.. not bad!

I assume Kakko was elibible for Finland.. yet there they are taking out a stacked US team.

Reactions: JHB

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
The Czechs probably have enough to stay home if their talent weren't spread so thin these days. But say if they could get 2 or 3 teams worth of players, or like the together and either send them to or enter the Swedish or Finnish leagues. Same with teams like Slovakia and the Swiss and Germans. A bunch of 'em. Play each other more often.
If only our absolute elite guys left before 20 for the AHL and NHL then we'd be fine. But, literally, our 25th highest ranked players leave when they're 17 and return eventually as much weaker players. Our pool keeps drying out as there is competition.

FTR.... I don't blame the players They have nowhere to play.

GettingYourMoms

Jun 6, 2018
And Hronek is possibly the most underrated two way defenseman in league because nobody Is watching Detroit, and he Is only 22, i think. He might be the best player on team. His offensive game is Elite And defensive Is very good, he would be monster on mediocre team like Anaheim or Buffalo.

timmeh

Nov 8, 2009
Without looking.. I'm postive Canada/Sweden had better players not available due to them being in the NHL.

I make no excuses. I loved this team and really enjoyed them. I was happy we got our point against the States and didn't get sent to relegation matches. We survived the pool of death and took points from US and Russia.. not bad!

I assume Kakko was elibible for Finland.. yet there they are taking out a stacked US team.

Both Dahlin and Boqvist are of age to play in the WJC still

Reactions: blindpass

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
I would not be surprised if Berggren gets suspended for that kick. Watched it i a few times now and I'm pretty sure it's not just him losing his balance.

Neither Raymond or Sandin were on the ice for the anthem btw.

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
And Hronek is possibly the most underrated two way defenseman in league because nobody Is watching Detroit, and he Is only 22, i think. He might be the best player on team. His offensive game is Elite And defensive Is very good, he would be monster on mediocre team like Anaheim or Buffalo.
Yup... once Detroit rises up and starts being good again (I think next season) people will notice him much more!

Reactions: Dexter Colt

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I would not be surprised if Berggren gets suspended for that kick. Watched it i a few times now and I'm pretty sure it's not just him losing his balance.

Neither Raymond or Sandin were on the ice for the anthem btw.
Yup... will be interesting to see. That was as obvious as our shitty slashes to me. Glad the Czech players balls protected him from falling over.lol

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
Lets destroy Russia now :D! overrated team.

I hate playing Russia, frustrating games sometimes, always lurking on counter attacks these days, I prefer the more open offensive aggressive hockey like Canada are playing, so much more fun watching. I rather play vs Canada and lose than vs Russia and win. Ok that was joke but I know which game I prefer watching.

Reactions: JHB

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
upload_2020-1-2_17-9-8.png

For those wondering.. I count 1 Czech, 3 Americans, 2 Canadians, 2 Russians, 1 Finn and 1 German.

There could also be a bunch of guys tied at 22... surprised not to see Laine for instance.

kudla

May 11, 2016
Bratislava, Slovakia
There are and will be more kids in Finland and they are dominating there which is strange. But creating a let's say U18 team in finnish junior league is exactly what we can't do. We want to have a sustainable development system in our country. We want to create competition, not to send the best 30 players away and completely kill our leagues.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
There are and will be more kids in Finland and they are dominating there which is strange. But creating a let's say U18 team in finnish junior league is exactly what we can't do. We want to have a sustainable development system in our country. We want to create competition, not to send the best 30 players away and completely kill our leagues.
Agreed.. but we need a consistent place for our 16 to 18 year olds to go and play against each other. Extraliga is not good for our young kids.. they just sit on benches and hand water bottles.lol If you are under 20 and have potential I want you playing 18 minutes a night or 20 if you're D. Sadly, that's why they all leave.

This shouldn't be that hard! Everyone else has a good system.

Autodidact

Jan 7, 2018
Raymond is probably being x-rayed. I saw swedish players look really, really bummed out in the background when they were doing the post-game interviews for swedish television. So it's probably bad.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

Is it killing your pro league though? A number of those kids are still going to be coming back to play domestic once they're too old.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad