Confirmed with Link: Quaider dealt to Rangers for Kampfer and a 4th

Status
Not open for further replies.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Also makes sense to have the flexibility to maybe acquire someone good at the trade deadline.

Bruins are close to the cap. Saving the space gives them the chance to possibly add someone good ....

Not everything needs to be a sequence of events.

You sound like Chiarelli. All I heard was we traded Boychuk for "chips to cash in" when the opportunity presented itself. Those chips at the trade deadline resulted in Brett Connolly and missed play-offs.

I agree, saving space is ultimately a good thing if you use it, but the deadline is a horror show where stiffs like Nick Holden get a 3rd and prospect.

Reactions: Strafer and BMC

maxbme

Jan 13, 2016
I think this is the right move. I like Quaider a lot, he's been an awesome guy to have on the team and an absolute warrior, but if he's getting pushed back to 8th d then it is time he goes elsewhere. He's gonna be an awesome presence on the Rangers, and a 4th rounder isn't bad value for him.

He was probably gonna get waived after camp, I'd rather see us squeeze some value out then lose him for nothing.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
re: the team getting pushed around. They got pushed around by Tampa who didn't have a single player even remotely as tough as McQuaid.

getting pushed around has more to do with team mentality than with how many tough guys you have. Until this team learns to lay it on the line for each other it won't make a difference if they have a "sherrif" like McQuaid in the lineup or not.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Also makes sense to have the flexibility to maybe acquire someone good at the trade deadline.

Bruins are close to the cap. Saving the space gives them the chance to possibly add someone good ....

Not everything needs to be a sequence of events.

They weren’t close to the cap. They had $3m in space. Now when Kampfer goes to Providence, they will have over $5.5M in space.

That gives them what... $25M at the deadline? f*** they’d be screwed if they didn’t trade McQuaid!

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
re: the team getting pushed around. They got pushed around by Tampa who didn't have a single player even remotely as tough as McQuaid.

getting pushed around has more to do with team mentality than with how many tough guys you have. Until this team learns to lay it on the line for each other it won't make a difference if they have a "sherrif" like McQuaid in the lineup or not.
They traded one of the few guys who did.

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
Sad to see him go.
A 7th and Kampfer. Is this the ex Bruin ?
Think he should have returned a lot more than that.

Just saw the other thread, and I looked before I started this.
Mods, do your thing.

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
I loved McQuaid but he was injured too often and was pushed out of the top 6.

Chara-McAvoy
Krug-Carlo
Moore-Miller
Grzelyck

Tonnes of young guys knocking at the door, and he will be 32 in October.

Decent move even though it is a for a fan favorite, you will be missed Quaider.

Reactions: Zillah

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Liked mcquaid a lot. Have his jersey. That said final year of a deal making close to 3m and was the 8th most talented dman on the team. No space for him. This opens up some deadline cap space and gives the bruins more ammo at the deadline or draft. And it cost them a guy that would be spending half the year+ on the 9th floor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad