Post-Game Talk: Put another touchdown on the board! .. Wait what sport is this? (Leafs win 7-4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Babcock's subliminal post game speech:

"Great game team, here are your 3 stars of the game:

#1 ... Johnny T ... atta take a discount to win son
# 2... Zach Hyman... atta earn those minutes, atta forecheck
# 3... Ron Hainsey ... 1 goal, 1 assist.. offensive success always finds a gud pro

See you all next practice. "

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
So tomorrow... league leaders. . And yes... it's only 4 games and mostly all teams have played fewer games but

It'll basically be

1. Matthews 7 goals 3 assists
2. Reilly 2 goals 8 assists
3. Marner 2 goals 6 assists

Oh yeah and JT in the top 10 with 6 goals 0 assists..

Pretty crazy

IrishInOntario

May 18, 2013
Outside of Zaitsev and Dermott the defense was atrocious tonight at their end of the rink...

If Nylander is not going to be dealt to shore up the defense, fine, but please play him on Matthews' left wing and keep Kapanen right where he is. I love Patrick Marleau to death, but he is the weak link on what could be a nearly unstoppable line. He just doesn't have to agility or the speed anymore to keep up. Meanwhile, his current games suits what Kadri does soooo much more. It's only a matter of time until Kadri comes around and it would help a lot if he had some talent on his wings and guys that suited his style of play.

Nylander / Matthews / Kapanen
Hyman / Tavares / Marner
Marleau / Kadri / Ennis
Leivo / Lindholm or Gauthier / Brown
Johnsson

3rd periods like that are gonna cement this team as a legit contender, imo.

Gaudy stat lines aside, I thought GOAT was fantastic. That's the exact game he has to play to ensure he sticks with this team long-term (which i believe he should).

JT's going to be the first player in history with 60 goals and less than 10 assists :laugh:

Reactions: Burnie97

gravyface

Jun 22, 2010
3rd periods like that are gonna cement this team as a legit contender, imo.

Gaudy stat lines aside, I thought GOAT was fantastic. That's the exact game he has to play, to stick with this team long-term (which i believe he should).

JT's going to be the first player in history with 60 goals and less than 10 assists :laugh:

The Lindholm experiment is going to end soon enough, and then we really don't have another 4C option, so I'm all for Gauthier getting an extended look here with some other hungry players in Leivo and Ennis.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
If Nylander is not going to be dealt to shore up the defense, fine, but please play him on Matthews' left wing and keep Kapanen right where he is
I was thinking the same, but I'd probably have Kaps on the left. Willy is our primary transition guy, so you want him on his natural side so he can protect the puck easier.

That said; if we are getting a shutdown d-men in return; yeah I may need to pull the trigger on that.
Who do you have in mind? There are not many great shutdown d-men in the league nowadays.

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
Hyman Tavares Marner... mayne. That dirt was on some treal dirt tonight man. Y'all seen that I'm sure. Hyman was like the best player on the ice with these fools. Hyman made every otha sucka look real bad. He rocked that thang and pole harder than polak. I mean hyman became my favourite player over polak over night. It ain't no one night stand neither. I mean I'ma see to this one. He a real getter.
We don't need hardness, mayne. Keep Polak twerkin' some other team's pole.

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005
Dubas must be shitting his pants the way AM34 and Mitch are playing. Going to be hawking Leaf t-shirts on Front St. to make payroll next summer.

This offense is lethal. Wait til (if) Willie gets back.

Nice problem to have.

IrishInOntario

May 18, 2013
Imagine just how much better Reilly would be if he had a real top pairing defenseman with him, and not Hainsey

Even if he had a Marc Methot (circa his days in Ottawa). Just somebody, anybody, who cares exclusively about keeping pucks out of Toronto's net while the other 4 studs on the ice create scoring chances.

TMLeafer

Rest in Peace Johnny Bower
Mar 23, 2008
Hockey Mecca, ON
Big boys getting it done again. Please sign Matty ASAP. Not sure why at least one of the kids wasn't signed this summer.

ninetyone

Jul 12, 2018
I don't think we even close to seeing Tavares at his best. He's just a smart player using his instincts and going to the net. A few centimeters and he would have back to back hat tricks. Yet Zero assists.

I know Matthews is hot but I think he still has another gear. And Willy?

Man is this team fun to watch!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad