Post-Game Talk: Put another touchdown on the board! .. Wait what sport is this? (Leafs win 7-4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017
And therefore...? This won't convince me that he is not over -rated. I am reasonably sure most pro coaches know what they have to work with. To expect a cinderela story like Gallant provided in Vegas is the the best example in modern times. Even though they didn't win it all ,a lot of credit should go to Gallant,not just the players in this instance.

:shakehead

REALTALK81

Pro Log Driver
Nov 16, 2009
but he is not "just a worker"

he is a member of the public entertainment industry

one that lives and dies on the vine of public fandom "of that franchise"

i never gave a damn what players wanted to earn before the cap, but now we are in the new NHL and it matters a lot to the franchise that i am a fan of.

so if he does not want to sign the fair deal we have offered, then heck with him and time for us to move on in time to maximize the season that has already started.

He is a worker. Nylander is an employee of MLSE He is not only represented by his agent, but by the NHLPA. They are both there to protect the player's rights from the organizations and will use every tool at their disposal as agreed upon by the NHLPA and league. If the team doesn't like a player or he is not producing, he will be moved and it's labeled as BUSINESS. Nylanders camp is handling their business.

He knows JT was brought in ( playing fantastic ) at 11 million. He knows there could possible be a lockout. He knows about expansion. He knows he could be the odd man out with them playing so well. Why wouldn't he be looking for some security?
Whether it be money, NMC/NTCs or both.

It has been reported that both sides agree that they want a long term deal. After that, it gets foggy. We have heard 6.3 - 6.85 is the offer from the Leafs. We have heard Nylander wants 8 - 8.5. Different sources have different numbers. AKA no one knows for sure. He could be looking at 7.5 with a NTC for all we know.

What we do know is that Dubas could have traded him but hasn't as of yet. That he can be signed, moved, play in a different league or not play at all. That both sides elected not to go to arbitration. That both seem to want long term. That's all we know. Unless he demands a trade, the information above leads me to believe that he wants to be a Maple Leaf.

The ball is in Dubas court. Don't know if NTC/'NMC are the sticking point but I think they eventually come to agreement and meet halfway. Pray the other two do the same.
That way we can stop fussing over the business side of things and enjoy all of our weapons.

Last edited:

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
He is a worker. Nylander is an employee of MLSE He is not only represented by his agent, but by the NHLPA. They are both there to protect the player's rights from the organizations and will use every tool at their disposal as agreed upon by the NHLPA and league. If the team doesn't like a player or he is not producing, he will be moved and it's labeled as BUSINESS. Nylanders camp is handling their business.

He knows JT was brought in ( playing fantastic ) at 11 million. He knows there could possible be a lockout. He knows about expansion. He knows he could be the odd man out with them playing so well. Why wouldn't he be looking for some security?
Whether it be money, NMC/NTCs or both.

It has been reported that both sides agree that they want a long term deal. After that, it gets foggy. We have heard 6.3 - 6.85 is the offer from the Leafs. We have heard Nylander wants 8 - 8.5. Different sources have different numbers. AKA no one knows for sure. He could be looking at 7.5 with a NTC for all we know.

What we do know is that Dubas could have traded him but hasn't as of yet. That he can be signed, moved, play in a different league or not play at all. That both sides elected not to go to arbitration. That both seem to want long term. That's all we know. Unless he demands a trade, the information above leads me to believe that he wants to be a Maple Leaf.

The ball is in Dubas court. Don't know if NTC/'NMC are the sticking point but I think they eventually come to agreement and meet halfway. Pray the other two do the same.
That way we can stop fussing over the business side of things and enjoy all of our weapons.

you should really do your research before you post war $ peace

you can't give ntc/nmc for RFA seasons and melander has 5 to go , as per the cba

melander has not burned up enough RFA seasons to get to arbitration as per the cba

REALTALK81

Pro Log Driver
Nov 16, 2009
you should really do your research before you post war $ peace

you can't give ntc/nmc for RFA seasons and melander has 5 to go , as per the cba

melander has not burned up enough RFA seasons to get to arbitration as per the cba

Lol @ War & Peace. Perhaps I am not up to date on the NMC/NTC but the point still stands. He wants security. Has every right to want security and we know nothing other than the different numbers being thrown around by insiders. Dubas could be lowballing yet you continuously refer to William as Melander when you know as much about the contract negotiations as I do NTC/NMCs. All we hear is speculation and you already have had enough of the guy? I can admit when I am wrong and use that as a learning tool so thank you for shedding light on NTCs and NMCs. Just realize that you're labeling someone Melander because of different things you had heard from insiders. This isn't the old Leafs where everything is out in the public. Lou has changed that dynamic and Dubas seems to play his cards close to his chest as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->