Post-Game Talk: Put another touchdown on the board! .. Wait what sport is this? (Leafs win 7-4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
-Zach Hyman's f***ing sucked this year (I don't care if he beat friggin Mark Methot for an assist today). His hands seem to have gotten worse and he's not skating as fast or winning board battles or hustling. I'd say even Tyler Ennis would be better on that 2nd line at the moment, at least Ennis has some hands and can make a pass or carry the puck even if his finishing isn't the best. If he keeps playing like this then he needs a 4th line demotion especially when Nylander comes back otherwise he'll end up making Kadri's line even worse.

-Our dmen are shit at covering rebounds but I really like how the Stars take shots from sharp angles to get those rebounds to begin with, wish we did that.

-Lindholm has been meh. I think he's too weak and falls a lot and isn't particularly good offensively. But we've had worse 4th liners, I'd be curious how he looks higher up the line-up though.

-3rd period neutral zone trapping was sexy to watch, they also did a much better job of blocking passes today.

Magic16Mitch

Oct 15, 2017
I'm taking Marner over Nylander 10/10 (if we ever have to choose, I don't think we ever will...)Nylander can't do what Marner does on the power play, plus Marner is a hometown guy. He truly wants to be here

Yeah, I would too if it wasn't for the fact that Marner might end up earning 9-10 and Nylander like 7. Then I would like to see how they both do this season before I decide.

GrizzLeaf

Registered Bear
Aug 13, 2010
Quebec
Everyone: STOP WITH THE HAIL MARY ALLY OOP PASSES!

Leafs: *successfully score goals in back to back games with it*

This team drives me nuts
Tonight, the Leafs did a lot less stretch passing and there were a lot less turnovers because of it. Stretch pass should be used sparingly, to back off the defence. Used too often and they just become a turn-overs.

LeafShark

Feb 2, 2010
As for whether we should put Nylander with Kadri... I say... Absof***ing-lutely! That is... If you don't want to put Marner with Kadri... Because I mean... Why settle for dominating a team for 36 minutes a night when you can dominate a team for 55 minutes a night? 2 goals per top 3 line EVERY SINGLE GAME!

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
Oh, and by the way, THANK GOD WE ONLY PLAY YALL TWICE A SEASON

Just need a coaching adjustment and you'll do better. You guys tried to go talent for talent with us tonight, but lacked the depth for that.

Next game could easily be different.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Yeah, I would too if it wasn't for the fact that Marner might end up earning 9-10 and Nylander like 7. Then I would like to see how they both do this season before I decide.

Thing is you don't want Nylander to sit the year out. So we really only have until December 1st and that's the issue. The longer this goes on, the less I believe Nylander will get a long term deal or will be a leaf. Also I think Marner would take a bit less, only if Nylander were to get locked up at 6.5. I could see Marner being okay with 7.5 or 8

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Just need a coaching adjustment and you'll do better. You guys tried to go talent for talent with us tonight, but lacked the depth for that.

Next game could easily be different.

Yeah Montgomery wasn't pleased at all with the 2nd line tonight. Mind if we borrow Tavares and Marner? Just for a game or 78 I promise to return them

Reactions: TimeZone and Kurtz

56 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
Legit RHD don't grow on trees. You'd have to undersell Nylander to get one. Not getting any of the top ones unless you add.

But keep ahuhing away.
As add a draft pick or prospect. A top end RHD would complete this team.

Magic16Mitch

Oct 15, 2017
I was thinking this myself.

Nylander @7 would help us keep Marner between 7-8 after he racks up points with Matthews.

With no Nylander and Marner easily going point per game this season....there's no limiting factor on Marner's contract.

This is assuming Nylander is using 8 mil asking price to get 7. If Nylander truly wants 8 I'll have to stop defending him and let go.

8 was the asking price from the start. Every agent starts asking for more than they think, otherwise they would not be doing their job. I also read that there might be a loop hole were Nylander sign for like 7,2 or something 1st december, meaning we pay 10 this season and then the cap hit is 6,5 the other years. I don't know, I read that in a Swedish newspaper.

LeafShark

Feb 2, 2010
Hyman - Tavares - Marner
Marleau - Matthews - Kapanen
Johnsson - Kadri - Nylander
Brown

Rielly - Zaitsev
Gardiner - Dermott
Marincin - Ozhiganov
Hainsey - Holl

Andersen

Looks good to me :sarcasm:

I'm sorry. We don't have the capspace for that. This is a more realistic way to keep the core. I mean... we have to have room for our best player Hyman. He's definatelty going to make over $13M.

Marleau-Mathews-Kapanen
Hyman-Tavares-Marner
Gauthier-Kadri-Nylander

Rielly-Gardiner-Hainsey

Vacant

Semantics

PUBLIC ENEMY #1
Jan 3, 2007
San Francisco
This PP unit is just proving to me that last year we should have gone with:

JVR
Matthews Kadri Marner
Rielly

Marner making plays as a righty with three lefty options in the slot is just almost impossible to defend like Ferraro said, and we'd have had way stronger keep ins and scoring threat with Matthews on the left wall instead of Kadri.

Reactions: 81Leafs50

56 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
I was thinking this myself.

Nylander @7 would help us keep Marner between 7-8 after he racks up points with Matthews.

With no Nylander and Marner easily going point per game this season....there's no limiting factor on Marner's contract.

This is assuming Nylander is using 8 mil asking price to get 7. If Nylander truly wants 8 I'll have to stop defending him and let go.
7 is too much. Stop it.

Reactions: Lauro

81Leafs50

May 14, 2010
Toronto
THIS!

Attachments

• DpHfhvdUcAAwzXF.jpg
    DpHfhvdUcAAwzXF.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 40
Reactions: Eb and PromisedLand

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Kadri looks like he might be due for a bit of a come down production wise. Just not really in the role to be producing 5 on 5 on a regular basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad