Post-Game Talk: Put another touchdown on the board! .. Wait what sport is this? (Leafs win 7-4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Re-posting a little HF erotica from earlier in the day. Enjoy!

It was a frosty November afternoon. Kyle Dubas - too young and naïve for the position that he currently holds – sits in a rocking chair while sipping a cup of Earl Gray tea. Earl Gray is his favourite.

“What have I done?” says Kyle. “I told them that we can and we will!. Now the HFboards posters are dragging my beloved name through the mud.”

**phone rings**

“Hello?”

“Hello Kyle, it is Gary Bettman”.

Kyle puts his hand to his forehead. He knows this can only mean one thing.

“Kyle, as you know we have been reviewing your handling of the William Nylander contract situation here at the league offices. We find your tactics deplorable and we cannot understand why you are making this so difficult on this young player with incredible flow. Not only are we docking you a 1st round pick for the Joffrey Lupul failed physical fiasco from last training camp, but we are taking William Nylander and awarding him to the New York Islanders”.

Gary hangs up the phone. Kyle sobs in silence for a few minutes. The camera pans to above to the ceiling where silently, The Winter Soldier is hiding above the ceiling tiles dressed as Dwight Schrute, pleasuring himself.

- End Scene -

Atrusai

Oct 9, 2017
D showing progress in parts of the game, offense isn't slowing down, and a big shout out to Brown for reminding me of how my only house league soccer goal got stolen from me by our prick of a forward Curtis!

Raym11

Oct 6, 2009
Nylander for a solid defenseman is looking more and more appealing as time goes by

Reactions: dsred

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
3-1-0, 1st in the Atlantic with 6 points, 20 GF, 17 GA.

Questionable defence sure, but at the end of the day a solid start to the season.

Reactions: Tall Morty

Melo Meds

Jul 30, 2018
Happy to get the W but need to tighten up the D. Matthews, Marner, Hyman, JT and Kap were great. Fourth line was solid. Felt like the third line was pretty invisible again. Hainsey was pretty bad again and I wasn’t too impressed with Oz again either. Still early in the year so I’ll wait to see if it’s still like this by the end of October.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Only saw the last 23 minutes of the game but my comments:

- Happy to see they got the first goal
- Happy to see improved defensive play in spurts
- Mostly happy to see that they were able to shut it down after regaining the 2 goal lead in the third ... That's a good sign moving forward. Didn't like that it got to that point
- Happy to see Zaitsev rebounding so far this year
- Really liked what I saw from that 4th line in the third. Ennis looks A LOT better against much lesser competition .. And the Goat, as I noticed in the preseason, looks like he has improved his skating enough that he can be a solid 4th line centre.
- Hyman's effort on the 6th goal shouldn't be overlooked
- The top unit PP is the best thing I've ever seen

Need to move away from the idea that they can just outscore opponents every night. You can see glimpses of them tightening down.

Reactions: Atrusai

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I refuse to be upset about winning. Only in Toronto do people find reasons to be upset about 7 goal victories

Well done boys!

Back to back seven goal wins, on the road. First time since 1979. Without Nylander.

This team can be even better and will be better as the season progresses. If the Leafs want better D, they just have to play the right guys more often. Simple as that.

I’m loving this.

Reactions: NiftyMits and TML11

Myopic

Feb 26, 2017
Wow, Rielly is playing the best offensive hockey of his career. He's a borderline superstar this year.

I'm really impressed the way Gauthier is played tonight. He's played a heavy game, sound defensively and was great along the walls. The whole 4th line did well.

This is fun to watch. It's unreal that we'll be watching Tavares, Marner, and Matthews for the next decade. This is the best I've seen Austin play as a pro these last 4 games.

Marner was fantastic in all aspects of the game tonight.

Even Gardiner looked good for the most part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad