TSN: Puljujarvi's Agent - "Might be actually benificial [to go] different paths, different routes"

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
If he is not NHL ready then wtf is he doing in the NHL? That just screams mismanagement which would give cause to his agent to try to protect his client and paycheck.
Beats me. It makes me question why he and his idiot agent don't want him on the AHL team that's currently on a 13 game winning streak.

The problem with these high picks is that they have this expectation they're going to be spoonfed prime minutes out of the gate, even if they come in like Jesse. Completely oblivious offensively, physically awkward and fluent only in his native tongue.

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
Few years ago I believe the top paid guy Juha-Matti Aaltonen made 300k euros. I'm pretty sure Pulju would make more money in Liiga compared to AHL.

A guy with his name would fill in every seat in Oulu so he'd be worth it for a decent salary.

In Jokerit he'd be with Finnish teammates and second best league in the world in KHL. Probably a better fit for him. Also a better salary there.
Yea i would go back and try coming again in 2-3 years if i was him.

JTRAIN1966

Jul 18, 2012
Imperial, Mo.
I'd make it bigger.... Ristolainen (some salary retained), Nylander (plus?) for Nurse & JP. We have excess LD. They have 2 excellent RD, but no top pairing LD. They can pair Nurse with Dahlin. Allows us to roll (next year)
Klef-Larsson
Sekera-Ristolainen
Russell-Bouchard
Jones

Then, why not offer that same package to Carolina for.........Pesce/Hamilton & Fluery ? Can always haggle over picks, & prospects going either way .

JTRAIN1966

Jul 18, 2012
Imperial, Mo.
Yeah two guys doing nothing in the nhl right now but lets hook them up to revive each other lol... Maybe we see wj magic bro.. That will work, I'm imagining the office ep with Kelly and Pam playing ping pong lol good laugh bro... Next

It's seemed to have worked for Strome with, Debrincat in Chicago . Just saying .

KDOTO

Feb 17, 2018
TDOTO
It's seemed to have worked for Strome with, Debrincat in Chicago . Just saying .
Cat was already scoring before the trade, maybe not at a 43 goal pace but he was still on pace for 35. You think Strome is the reason or is it because cat can play.

Also cat played 3 years with Strome while the two fin played what not even 20 games together at tournaments only if I'm correct.

Also one is a Centre/winger combo while the other are both wingers and together have combine for like 5 goals, 12 points the last 2 month plus... Just saying.

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
The issue with Oilers fans in this thread is that they think some GM is gonna overpay because this kid was the 4 OA a few years ago. If he was that good he would be a regular on your team. Basically your asking someone to roll the dice on a player who could have good to great upside but could also be a complete bust. That is basically a second right now.

To Further complicate matters is that he needs a new contract, this kid deserves nothing more than league min but you think that is what he or his agent wants? Lastly he needs to accept that he needs to go to the minors for the next year or two. It’s not ideal but look at both Johnsson and Kapanen(I say this because I am a TML fan and know the team). Both players needed a good amount of time to develop but look at the success they are having now.

JTRAIN1966

Jul 18, 2012
Imperial, Mo.
Cat was already scoring before the trade, maybe not at a 43 goal pace but he was still on pace for 35. You think Strome is the reason or is it because cat can play.

Also cat played 3 years with Strome while the two fin played what not even 20 games together at tournaments only if I'm correct.

Also one is a Centre/winger combo while the other are both wingers and together have combine for like 5 goals, 12 points the last 2 month plus... Just saying.

It's the chemistry of them together that could be all that they both need, to get heading in the right direction . It doesn't matter if, they've only played together for 20 games or, have played together 20 years .

Some people just have an instant chemistry that, just can't be explained .

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
You expect Oilers fans to be happy with a proposal for a fringe 23 yo NHLer plus a pick?

Pulju may end up returning something like that but no way the fans would be happy.

I don’t expect Oiler fans to be happy.

I just expect your shit for brains of a GM to accept our low ball offer. ;)

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
If there’s one thing we’ve learned from this thread is that the Leafs fans chest thumping in here are ****ing insufferable.

Leafs have a great chance to win a cup this year. After that - I believe it will be downhill. Too many cap complications will arise from the Marner signing. I believe that the Leafs after this year will be a top heavy team that will simply lack the depth to defeat whoever comes out of the East in a given year.

Reactions: JTRAIN1966

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Feel like Jesse would thrive on a team where he wouldn’t be looked at as anything outside of a young developing player, rather than expected to be a major contributor.

I still think this kid will be a gamer; and I know Calgary really liked him at the draft. Don’t think we’d do a direct trade though.

Reactions: LAINEC

JTRAIN1966

Jul 18, 2012
Imperial, Mo.
The issue with Oilers fans in this thread is that they think some GM is gonna overpay because this kid was the 4 OA a few years ago. If he was that good he would be a regular on your team. Basically your asking someone to roll the dice on a player who could have good to great upside but could also be a complete bust. That is basically a second right now.

To Further complicate matters is that he needs a new contract, this kid deserves nothing more than league min but you think that is what he or his agent wants? Lastly he needs to accept that he needs to go to the minors for the next year or two. It’s not ideal but look at both Johnsson and Kapanen(I say this because I am a TML fan and know the team). Both players needed a good amount of time to develop but look at the success they are having now.

It definitely sucks for the Oilers fans . But......he's probably going to get the same return that the Oilers got from, the Blues for Yakupov .

KDOTO

Feb 17, 2018
TDOTO
It's the chemistry of them together that could be all that they both need, to get heading in the right direction . It doesn't matter if, they've only played together for 20 games or, have played together 20 years .

Some people just have an instant chemistry that, just can't be explained .
Yes but like the other poster said they had aho centering them. Also it was a short tourney, that's what short tourney does. It makes stars out of role players and super lines that other wise wouldn't work in a long season. It might but I can't remember it being true...

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
That's Jim Bennings music!!!

Hey if they got the picks to burn and you can send him down and let him develop then sure why not roll the dice. Just looking at what Yak received it was an ECHLer and a 3rd. Pretty sure most GM’s would be willing to give something similar.

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Can't believe he hasn't shown more. Looked sure fire going into the draft. But what we have seen is that he is a low IQ player. Maybe some similarities to Virtanen at the same age. Watching a game with the Oilers the other day and saw Puljujarvi make one of the dumbest plays I ever seen. He had the puck at the center line and tried to pass to Lucic who was well inside the blue line and just entering the Oiler bench on a change. I mean how do you pass it to a player who is so obviously off side. And if you hit him you're risking a too many man call. Could see the Edmonton players stop and seemingly wonder what the hell Pulu was doing.

The red flags are clearly up on this player and at this point the Oilers can only sell at a discount. Best bet would be hang on and hope he puts something together. But if he is that unhappy might be better than letting him contribute to a so-called "cultural problem".

Remember on draft day how many Canuck fans and seemingly Canuck management were hoping Pulu would fall one more slot. Instead got Joulevi who hasn't worked out any better than Pulu so far.

Lainehasaweirdface

May 14, 2015
I don't know what it is about him but there's just always been something that screamed bust to me. He handles the puck like it's a cold winters night and he's about out of firewood.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Not saying the guy is Yakupov, but I think the oilers will treat the situation similarly. They don’t want to look like fools if he turns it around somewhere else, so they’ll hold onto him until they’re 100% sure he isn’t any good. Then they’ll let him go for peanuts/nothing.

Sens With Benefits

Feb 4, 2010
Canada
Another prospect ruined by the Oilers. I still think he could be very good. He won’t ever live up to his 4th overall but I could see a decent power forward. I think the Virtanen comparison so far is fair. I think he could be a 20g guy one day.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Feel like Jesse would thrive on a team where he wouldn’t be looked at as anything outside of a young developing player, rather than expected to be a major contributor.

I still think this kid will be a gamer; and I know Calgary really liked him at the draft. Don’t think we’d do a direct trade though.

Oh, I think the Oilers would be happy if he was even a modest contributor at this point. He just doesn't appear to be able to process the game at a high enough level to be anything more than a journeyman.

absolute garbage

Jan 22, 2006
I don't know what it is about him but there's just always been something that screamed bust to me. He handles the puck like it's a cold winters night and he's about out of firewood.
It's because Puljujarvi is this gangly, uncoordinated mess of a player. He can't even control his tongue, let alone his body. Technique-wise he is just atrocious. And to top that off he's also a very low IQ player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad