TSN: Puljujarvi's Agent - "Might be actually benificial [to go] different paths, different routes"

glucker

Aug 22, 2008
London, ON
The thread right below this one has Jeremy Bracco as a key piece in Toronto acquiring a top four RHD. At Puljujarvi’s age, Bracco had 6 goals in 50 AHL games.

Not saying you have absolutely no idea what you’re talking about, but I’m absolutely inferring it.

Well, the argument could be made that one player is being properly developed while the other has been completely mismanaged.

The argument could also be made that Bracco’s production was affected by his ice time, playing on a very deep Marlies roster, that included 2 guys who graduated to be 20+(on pace, anyway) goal scorers the very next year in Kapanen and Johnsson.

You could also argue that using only goals and ignoring assists is pretty disingenuous, and that .6ppg for a 20 year old rookie getting limited minutes in the AHL is pretty damn good.

Putting up a ppg pace in his sophomore season is also pretty good for Bracco, and something tells me if he had played 46 NHL games this year, he’d likely have more than 9 points.

From a GM’s perspective, on one hand you have a guy who could be very good in the NHL, but has been a failure to date, and can’t be placed in the minors next season... so your coach will need to factor in developing a guy while trying to win games. Ok for a team rebuilding, but many contenders won’t want that.

On the other hand, you’ve got a guy doing very good things in the AHL, who’s only shown positive progress, and who can be left to develop for a couple more seasons.

I’m not saying for a second that I would take Bracco over Puljarvi... but I can see why some GMs might want to stay away from giving up assets for Jesse, while being willing to accept Bracco as part of a package.

glucker

Aug 22, 2008
London, ON
Another prospect ruined by the Oilers. I still think he could be very good. He won’t ever live up to his 4th overall but I could see a decent power forward. I think the Virtanen comparison so far is fair. I think he could be a 20g guy one day.
I don’t think any team has squandered as many high picks in as short a time as Edmonton.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
I don’t think any team has squandered as many high picks in as short a time as Edmonton.

It is just proving building a team with only magic beans is a receip to disaster. 95% off HB would trade every focking good roster players on their team to get picks and prospects. You need good building blocks to start a rebuild. Edmonton simply cannot offer that to their young talented players.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Oh, I think the Oilers would be happy if he was even a modest contributor at this point. He just doesn't appear to be able to process the game at a high enough level to be anything more than a journeyman.

Yeah I kind of figure.
I almost wouldn’t mind seeing him play alongside some of the computer centres in the league. The Backstroms, Backlunds, etc of the league.

patriotfan

Jun 8, 2014

Though this isn't breaking news, Rishaug is close to the organization and broke news in the past, notably floating Taylor Hall's name in trade rumors days before he was dealt.

how about bracco and a 3rd for him from the leafs…...hmmmmm

Dragao6

Dec 25, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Think carolina would be perfect partner here. Have a bunch of young rhd Oilers should be interested in and reunion with Aho could be deadly

Chicago and their rebuild should also be coming for him

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
They said proper return, add a second rounder to it
The Leafs make no sense as a destination for Puljujarvi at the moment. He's almost out of AHL eligibility (which Bracco has for another year), and there is no place to put him. If he is incapable of moving up the line-up for Edmonton, I don't know where he fits for us. Puljujarvi's value is really hurt by the fact as of July 1st of this year, he has no-waiver eligibility. So, if you trade for him, you have to be able to test him, and most likely in a top 9 role consistently. That likely makes the market for him teams that are in a full-on rebuild and are willing to give him that test run for the rest of this season and the start of next.

I mean, how many teams really have a winger spot for him right now in there top 9? Vancouver, Buffalo, Red Wings (if they move Nyquist), Ottawa after the deadline, and maybe a few others. If you are going to trade for him to play him on the 4th line for the remainder of the year it makes no sense. Might as well wait til his price drops on July 1st when he enters no-mans land.

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
Another Yakupov mismanaged and rushed by the Oilers. His 3 year E.L.C is up at the end of the year. Next year he will be hard pressed to make the lineup and will have to sit in the press box because he will not be able to be assigned to the AHL without waivers.

Maybe it's the water in Edmonton.

Edmonton where good prospects go to winter and regress.

Carolina should be bargain shopping here..... as they have a stable of young find at the N.H.L. level and AHL level.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Another Yakupov mismanaged and rushed by the Oilers. His 3 year E.L.C is up at the end of the year. Next year he will be hard pressed to make the lineup and will have to sit in the press box because he will not be able to be assigned to the AHL without waivers.

Maybe it's the water in Edmonton.

Edmonton where good prospects go to winter and regress.

Carolina should be bargain shopping here..... as they have a stable of young find at the N.H.L. level and AHL level.
well he isnt even willing to go to AHL this year so what makes you think he would be fine with AHL next year?
He hasnt been healthy scratched this year so what makes you think he will be up in the PB next year?

good luck with your bargain shopping. Oilers wouldnt want a pick because they cant draft or manage prospects.
Cant really take on salary so cant really dump a bad contract.
worst of all for bargain hunters, Chia is no longer in charge.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Think carolina would be perfect partner here. Have a bunch of young rhd Oilers should be interested in and reunion with Aho could be deadly

Chicago and their rebuild should also be coming for him
Who is a young RD in CAR organization? Both Bean and Fleury are LDs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad