TSN: Puljujarvi's Agent - "Might be actually benificial [to go] different paths, different routes"

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014

Though this isn't breaking news, Rishaug is close to the organization and broke news in the past, notably floating Taylor Hall's name in trade rumors days before he was dealt.

Reactions: td_ice

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
"proper return"

What could they realisitcally expect? Some other reclamation project? He's not going anyhwere.

Reactions: lawrence

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I wouldn’t worry too much or react too egregiously here. Rishaug is echoing what Dreger said yesterday in that the asking price is high.

98% of the players in the league are tradable for a ‘proper’ return.

Bakersfield has won 13 games in a row and is largely doing so on the backs of guys in Puljujarvi’s age range. A feature role in a Calder cup run would do wonders for his confidence.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
the microscope is on you Keith... lets see what you got

EVERYONE is waiting to see that first trade you make

DomBarr

Apr 7, 2014
Forgot to add that he loses waiver exemption next season.
hmm....if they believe that he just needs more development rather than sign him and have to keep him in the NHL next season or risk losing him to waivers..I wonder if they wouldn't be better off having him sign a 1 year contract in Finland/Sweden/KHL. They retain his rights but will be forced to leave him there for the year.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
He's a really weird one to predict a return on. He's a young, cheap forward that's been considered to have a ton of upside, which you'd think is exactly what the Oilers need more of. They can't take cap back unless it's a bigger deal, and moving him for picks seems pretty futile.

If they can make some space (maybe by trading Talbot?) I could see something like the Sprong for Pearson deal.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
He won't find his way in Edmonton, I can safely say that at this point given how they have yoyoed him around. Should've stayed in Finland for a year to learn the language.

Reactions: LickTheEnvelope

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
I'd propably still move Burakovsky for him, although Burakovsky has been much better recently.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad