Value of: Puljujarvi to NJ

Zacha37

Dec 8, 2016
I personally think Jesse would be a great fit in NJ, where he would get a solid opportunity possibly playing with some solid players. What would it take for the devils to get him? It appears as if Edmonton is interested in Johansson, so they would likely be after him.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Pavel Zacha and a small +.

Zacha could be the perfect shutdown, pk, physical 3c behind Mcdavid and Drai or Nuge.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Zacha is the one I've been tossing around all year. Straight up it makes sense. I'm not sure Ryan's bro does though. Not really in need of perimeter players.

Setec Astronomy

Jun 15, 2012
Well... yeah. McLeod is older and has shown less.

We’d want Zacha.

Zacha is more proven at this point, plays center and might even have more upside. So that’s a pass if I’m the GM.
And McLeod is like three months older than Puljarvi. Doesn’t matter at this point.

Reactions: HBK27

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
What about something around Miles Wood for Jesse Puljujarvi + pick/prospect + a cap dump Manning. I believe Manning only has a yr remaining

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
I'm not trading McLeod.

He is slowly starting to show his offensive skills in AHL as a playmaker. And he is probably ready to take Brian Boyle old job as early as next season.

Even if he doesnt pan out offensively in NHL, at a minimum he will be a very good 3rd line NHL center with his motor, speed and defensive ability.

I would prefer to trade Zacha instead but dont want to make it a one for one. Would rather add to the deal (Miles Wood, Butcher, picks?) to get Darnel Nurse to NJ.

Reactions: Smitty426

McJazz

Jun 18, 2016
Gothenburg
I'm not trading McLeod.

He is slowly starting to show his offensive skills in AHL as a playmaker. And he is probably ready to take Brian Boyle old job as early as next season.

Even if he doesnt pan out offensively in NHL, at a minimum he will be a very good 3rd line NHL center with his motor, speed and defensive ability.

I would prefer to trade Zacha instead but dont want to make it a one for one. Would rather add to the deal (Miles Wood, Butcher, picks?) to get Darnel Nurse to NJ.
Only way the Oilers give up Nurse is if they get a bonafide young top 6-winger or add and get a better defenseman back.

Reactions: 780il

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Only way the Oilers give up Nurse is if they get a bonafide young top 6-winger or add and get a better defenseman back.
What would Edmonton add? Picks? Prospects? There is very little in form of assets Edmonton really should trade in its current situation. Aside from McDavid there is no player clearly outperforming his contract. Edmonton IMO is in a position, where a 'quantity' for 'quality' trade could be a win.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad