Value of: Puljujarvi to NJ

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
Maybe you are undervaluing Pulju then? For me "way out of your mind" would be suggesting Hischier for McDavid or Zacha for Draisaitl. Not Pulju for Zacha. All I am saying is that Zacha is not as vastly superior to Pulju as Devils fans think he is. They are relatively close, with the edge to Zacha as I have mentioned in this thread. If Devils fans think Zacha is without a doubt vastly superior to Pulju then they are overvaluing their player (homers) or undervaluing a player they do not know much about in Pulju.
Is that grown up enough for you papa?

How many times is this now where you made up an argument nobody is having to try and discredit people?

Pulju for Zacha + is crazy talk. That is the entire debate. Make up any other argument you want to argue against instead of that. But that is where it started, nothing more extreme was said than that trying to compare the two by anyone besides you.

Reactions: SpeakingOfTheDevils

Lateralous

Jun 17, 2003
Abington, PA
Visit site
I agree with all of this except for McLeod. He’s been steadily improving and developing at Bing. I don’t think he needs a change of scenery, just more development time.

Fair enough. I also don't disagree with Edmonton fans who say we would need to add to McLeod to get JP. I just meant McLeod is another high draft pick whose development has been a little bit slower and he has not established himself at the NHL level yet the way Zacha has. Zacha hasn't set the world on fire by any means but he's at least a good middle 6 NHL player at this point. No reason to take a step back in a trade with Edmonton.

Reactions: MichaelJ

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
Fair enough. I also don't disagree with Edmonton fans who say we would need to add to McLeod to get JP. I just meant McLeod is another high draft pick whose development has been a little bit slower and he has not established himself at the NHL level yet the way Zacha has. Zacha hasn't set the world on fire by any means but he's at least a good middle 6 NHL player at this point. No reason to take a step back in a trade with Edmonton.

Agreed, McLeod alone doesn’t get JP.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
How many times is this now where you made up an argument nobody is having to try and discredit people?

Pulju for Zacha + is crazy talk. That is the entire debate. Make up any other argument you want to argue against instead of that. But that is where it started, nothing more extreme was said than that trying to compare the two by anyone besides you.

Crickets from those two.

So ****ing soft.

Reactions: trufleshufle13

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Zacha has as many point since New Years Day as Pool Party has this entire season. Of course young players grow and improve and things could be completely different in 6 months, but right now this isn't really a conversation.

Reactions: SpeakingOfTheDevils

Niten Ichi Ryu

Jul 1, 2018
NJ owes us. We gave you your 1st Hart Trophy winner in franchise history, that took the team on his back and into the playoffs, in return for a one-dimensional top 5 defenseman, with the worst +/- on the entire team right now

Let's swap coaches to balance the scales

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad