TSN: Puljujarvi on potential return to Oilers: 'You can never say no'

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
That’s not exactly high hopes for him. I think if he comes and plays in the NHL he’ll get 35 points. Right now he’s at worst a 3rd line NHL player.
35 points in try he NHL is a monster victory for us as it was looking like no points a few months ago.

Lambo

Jan 10, 2019
I hope he can play for another team. Canes could be a good option.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
He’s easier to trade later if he just comes back

Thats the best case scenario for all involved. Come back up your value and get moved if that’s what you wish. If he stays in Finland he’s only delaying his return to the NHL and let’s be honest. Time isn’t on his side. Oilers hold his rights for what 4 more years. Good luck with that

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Sounds like he mangled "never say never", which doesn't rule anything out, but isn't exactly encouraging for a return either.
I don’t know why you’re blaming him and not the English translation from a Finnish news outlet, but OK.

edit: Yes, I should have probably checked if others responded to this before posting but it wasn’t a good comment and I reacted.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
JP realising his only way back to the NHL...

Wish Leafs were this hard in Marner.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Big boost to Oilers if he is healthy and can translate his success in Europe over here

Maybe with confidence boost of playing well over there he finally starts to show his promise in NHL

Reactions: McTonyBrar

Mark MacCrimmon

Sep 29, 2020
If other teams are so interested in acquiring him, especially the Finnish GM that skipped over him in the draft, we better seriously consider what they see and what we could lose out on. Even a 35 point RW of his age, toolset and potential is exactly what we want right now. We would have to pay dearly to replace a player like him, we can't afford that risk with the holes in our lineup.

I could even see another year of development on his 2-way game being worth it, since his coach in Karpat seems to have such an investment and plan for his continued development. Yet, the time between Liiga start tomorrow and NHL start this winter may even be enough for that. The arrows are NOT down on this player. Keep him on the cheap for at LEAST this year, he is our best RW potential behind Kailer and it isn't even close

At 22 years of age this is what is called good player development finally he's 6 months older than Yamo for Chia's sake

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad