TSN: Puljujarvi on potential return to Oilers: 'You can never say no'

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
I’d like to sign Haula (if FLA doesn’t re-sign him), and run with a 3rd line of Neal-Haula-Puljujarvi.

Neal has chemistry with Haula from playing on the same line in Vegas; Haula can help with the language barrier for Puljujarvi. I think that’s a 3rd line where everyone can put up around 15 goals and 40 points. We don’t have that currently.

Reactions: brenden

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
You think players will respect him in dressing room after what he did?

It's pretty clear that by the end Pulju had zero trust that the Oilers where going to put him in a position to succeed, thus why he took his ball and went home. Considering how much of a gongshow the end of the Chia tenure was, I don't think anyone in the room could fault him for coming to that conclusion.

He was still hanging around teammates last summer (after the trade demand) before heading back to Finland.

I think the rest of the team saw that he wasn't at an NHL level; and while it's safe to assume some guys would be frustrated with him, I think most all of them saw that it was the GM keeping him on the roster in an attempt to save face.

If he comes in a bit more mature/professional, I don't think he'll have any trouble. I mean I'm sure theyre all going to agree with the sentiment of "thank f**k Chia's gone"

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Never saying never is one thing... being willing to sign for something like a league minimum salary is the next hurdle. He doesn't make that in Finland, but there are probably other places that he could play which would pay a more competitive salary. And the timing is going to be interesting because I'm guessing a lot of European leagues are going to open up a lot sooner than the NHL, right? Teams are basically assembling rosters and signing players now, while the NHL won't hit that stage for months.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
You think players will respect him in dressing room after what he did?
As long as he doesn't play dumb like he did last time in practice and games then I don't think the players will care.

My concern is more is he ready to come here and be a bottom 6 forward. He messed up by not coming last year when we really had nothing figured out on the wings in the top 6. Now guys have taken roles and Holland has added depth to address the wings.

Even the PP, sure maybe there is room on the second unit but they don't exactly play

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
As long as he doesn't play dumb like he did last time in practice and games then I don't think the players will care.

My concern is more is he ready to come here and be a bottom 6 forward. He messed up by not coming last year when we really had nothing figured out on the wings in the top 6. Now guys have taken roles and Holland has added depth to address the wings.

Even the PP, sure maybe there is room on the second unit but they don't exactly play
IMO JP misses the life and money if the NHL, and is saying the right things to get back here. There’s a big difference between talk and actions. Tippet is a fabulous coach though, so if JP is willing to implement what he’s taught, then he could become a player.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
IMO JP misses the life and money if the NHL, and is saying the right things to get back here. There’s a big difference between talk and actions. Tippet is a fabulous coach though, so if JP is willing to implement what he’s taught, then he could become a player.
I'm hoping him and his agent are realizing if he ever wants back in the NHL that is needs to be through Edmonton. There is no benefit to Holland to let JP go for scraps

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
What did he do?
Is that a joke?

Broke McDavid's collar bone and then mouthed off to McDavid's face saying he did it on purpose. It's a scummy move that'd get any team riled up, but saying/doing that to a team's best player and the best player in the world is a 1-way ticket to being hated.

Thus why it was such a stupid trade by Chia. He was a bad player, and he had 0 business being on the Oilers at all.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Is Pulju stupid, oblivious, entitled, or poorly advised? Serious question.

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
Is that a joke?

Broke McDavid's collar bone and then mouthed off to McDavid's face saying he did it on purpose. It's a scummy move that'd get any team riled up, but saying/doing that to a team's best player and the best player in the world is a 1-way ticket to being hated.

Thus why it was such a stupid trade by Chia. He was a bad player, and he had 0 business being on the Oilers at all.
I didn’t know he was the one who broke his collarbone

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Gotta return to the Oilers if he ever wants to play in the NHL again.
IMO, he’ll play 1, maybe 2 seasons to get his value up then he’ll be traded.
I don’t see him in Edmonton long term.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
What got Jesse to change his mind ?
Personally i can't respect a guy who changes his opinions
and mind as often as construction-worker socks.

If you have some opinion keep that original opinion
and don’t be a shit and change your mind at the next traffic lights.

If i was part of Edmonton Oilers NHL team i wouldn't welcome Puljujärvi back with open arms.
Good luck to next try in NHL Pulju.

Last edited:

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
and mid as often as construction-worker socks.

If i was part of Edmonton Oilers NHL team i wouldn't welcome Puljujärvi back with open arms.
Here’s a young kid still? Something most on this board forget. Not sure about you but when I was 20-21 I was a ****** idiot. He said himself he’s growing up, they have a new GM and coach, who have both been adamant since they were hired he would be accepted back to the team and that was their first choice. Good on him if he comes back. Even if he never pans out I’d love for him to have another chance in Edmonton

Reactions: zar

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
and mid as often as construction-worker socks.

Are you even serious? It’s not like he’s been flip flopping but man he’s a young kid when he made this decision. So he should just tank his career permanently in the NHL to prove a point? A point he might no longer even agree with under Holland and Tippett.

Last edited:

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
Is Pulju stupid, oblivious, entitled, or poorly advised? Serious question.
I would say a bit of all of that. In all honesty, he just turned 22 and would have been just 21 when he made the comments he did.

Personally, I feel Holland played it right... asked for an aggressive return... if he gets a suitor, great. If not, hold tight.

I would rather let him play if Finland and get nothing in return for him than to accept a 3rd round pick that likely doesn’t amount to anything anyways and se him turn into a 25g/25a winger on another NHL club.

Holland should just continue to play hard ball until JP realises he doesn’t have the bargaining power he seems to think he does. I think it’s slowly starting to sink in.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad