Value of: Puljujarvi ++ for your established winger

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Written by a guy who has rarely, if ever, seen this player play the game.

Pujujarvi is 100X smarter than Yakupov when it comes to hockey IQ. Puljujarvi understands his defensive responsibilities and plays them well. Not a bad thing for a 20 year old.

Edmonton has to take the time and develop this player. His offense will come. He is a big kid who can skate. Everyone on here who is saying "bust" either has an axe to grind or is just parroting those who do.
I've seen plenty of his games. The Oilers are worth watching because of McDavid.

He is a big guy that can skate - that's pretty much all he can do. He has a hard shot, but doesn't get it off quick enough or accurate enough. He doesn't have any puck skills to get passed players.

He has very little defensive responsibilities. And please note that I wrote about offensive Hockey IQ - Yakupov is way better there.

He's a bust plain and simple. Oilers would be contenders right now if they picked Matthew Tkachuk, kept Taylor Hall and didn't trade for Griffin Reinhart. It is quite astonishing to see a GM f*** up continuously that bad.

sens13

Mar 16, 2017
nobody is trading their established winger for puljujarvi unless the plus is bigger than him

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Want James Neal for him? Might help Connor if he has a triggerman.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
I'll always remember the 2016 draft as the year Edmonton and Vancouver inexplicably passed the Flames Matthew Tkachuk at #6.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
You're trying to trade J Neal for a buster? Let him get in his stride first I'm happy with the pick up

Puljujarvi probably puts up similar production this year and he's younger. I would part with Neal for him.

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
Puljujarvi probably puts up similar production this year and he's younger. I would part with Neal for him.

By chance are you Canadian? Cause id wager some cash on that one, id gladly go with Neal not only scoring more goals but even getting more points than PoolParty gets this season.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
By chance are you Canadian? Cause id wager some cash on that one, id gladly go with Neal not only scoring more goals but even getting more points than PoolParty gets this season.

What does that have to do with anything?

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
People just never learn, Pulji is not a bust, it is just Oilers who cant deploy him. Oilers have no clue about talents. We got our backup for free. Wilds got their starter after Oilers gave up on him, look at Hall, Schultz, list is long.....

Reactions: Snowman

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad