Value of: "Puck moving D man" to the Habs

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
Would be good to wait till closer to deadline to see where the Habs are and their current D shake out. Interested in how Romanov progresses with new coaching and strategy and whether he can handle more responsibility.

Reactions: Pierre Lebrun

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Danault wants real $$ + term which you are not giving to him.
His value is as a rental.

Deangelo is a cheap buy out IF you have to go there.
Whether he wants to or not, he should be on his best behavior b'c this is his last go around, whether it is now or after bought out.

Danault for Deangelo
Habs get useful RD w/min risk worse comes to worse
Rangers get temporary useful pivot who will again want too much and we deal. [Unless maybe Zib decides to take 7.25 x 8 and he is flipped. The we can maybe accommodate Danault short term if he wants 1-2 yrs. maybe.]

Likely scenario, Habs get needed player, Rangers get futures. everybody wins.
What is wrong with you.?

Danault has very good value. ADA has negative value. NYR couldn’t get anyone to take him for free. What past of that concept gives you trouble?

Reactions: CapSpace

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
Danault wants real $$ + term which you are not giving to him.
His value is as a rental.

Deangelo is a cheap buy out IF you have to go there.
Whether he wants to or not, he should be on his best behavior b'c this is his last go around, whether it is now or after bought out.

Danault for Deangelo
Habs get useful RD w/min risk worse comes to worse
Rangers get temporary useful pivot who will again want too much and we deal. [Unless maybe Zib decides to take 7.25 x 8 and he is flipped. The we can maybe accommodate Danault short term if he wants 1-2 yrs. maybe.]

Likely scenario, Habs get needed player, Rangers get futures. everybody wins.
Are any of your posts actually serious or do you see just how bad you can make proposals until someone calls you out. I started typing in a reply to your "Young Center/Prospect To Rangers" post but stopped because I didn't have the time to point out all the ridiculous statements or evaluations, now this. You think ADA after what has happened this season is 1 - a reasonable LHD trade target and 2 - carries the same value as Danault? I'll admit some of your prose are good comedy but you're on a bit of a downward slide today.

Reactions: CapSpace

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
PHI: Erik Gustafsson
MTL: A pick? Idk, like a 3rd and a 5th?

currently pacing for 52 points over an 82 game season.

This.

I think the Habs could not do better than Gustafsson - who is an excellent PP puck distributor. Probably better than Petry IMO.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Major team shakeup proposal!

Det: Filip Hronek + Anthony Mantha + EDM's 2nd round pick

MTL: Tomas Tatar, Philip Danault + MTL's 1st round pick

Reactions: thebonscott

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
You're looking to flip the return....right?

...Possibly.

In this scenario I'd like Detroit to either flip Danault for additional assets or to hold onto him as their 2C and eventual 3C if/when Veleno develops into the guy that can push Danault down the lineup.

Tatar would be there to replace Mantha's offense this season. Maybe keep him on a short term deal or also move him out to a team looking for additional offense at the TDL (Hello Ken Holland!)

Then maybe we make a major push in the offseason for someone like Hamilton on a 3 year deal to come in as the new offensive RHD and pray that he doesn't turn into Mike Green.

Also GMMB gets MOAR SIEZ Mantha, a 6'5" Francophone winger with ties to the franchise. Hronek can learn to shoot from Weber.

Pierre Lebrun

Nov 3, 2014
This.

I think the Habs could not do better than Gustafsson - who is an excellent PP puck distributor. Probably better than Petry IMO.
Agreed. This is the type and a package of picks that aren't 1sts is the right price.

Reactions: voxel

Pierre Lebrun

Nov 3, 2014
Would be good to wait till closer to deadline to see where the Habs are and their current D shake out. Interested in how Romanov progresses with new coaching and strategy and whether he can handle more responsibility.
That's fair and I think that's ultimately what they'll do.

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
...Possibly.

In this scenario I'd like Detroit to either flip Danault for additional assets or to hold onto him as their 2C and eventual 3C if/when Veleno develops into the guy that can push Danault down the lineup.

Tatar would be there to replace Mantha's offense this season. Maybe keep him on a short term deal or also move him out to a team looking for additional offense at the TDL (Hello Ken Holland!)

Then maybe we make a major push in the offseason for someone like Hamilton on a 3 year deal to come in as the new offensive RHD and pray that he doesn't turn into Mike Green.

Also GMMB gets MOAR SIEZ Mantha, a 6'5" Francophone winger with ties to the franchise. Hronek can learn to shoot from Weber.

I read your post and get where you are going with it.

I just don't seeing Detroit dealing those players, with the return.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
He hasn’t produced any respectable offense in the NHL. Habs would have no interest in a guy who has proven to be unproductive!

I would only have interest if Byron and one KulakMete were the return. No interest in trading Lehkonen or Armia.
Thats fair but rikola has offensive upside and good shot... doubt pens would trade him alone but rather part of a package

Zahra Starker

Mar 3, 2020
Toronto
weber isnt a top pairing Dmen anymore and Chiarot has been bad this season. We need to trade Chiarot ++ for a top 4 puck moving dmen. I hope we get Ekholm because our D can't skate or make passes besides Petry and romanov.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
What is wrong with you.?

Danault has very good value. ADA has negative value. NYR couldn’t get anyone to take him for free. What past of that concept gives you trouble?

I could be nasty here but I won't, at least no comeuppance just yet.

IF you are actually gonna extend Danault then obv it's a nevermind.

But all signs at this juncture point to Danault turning down anything less than top dollar and signif term.
BE HONEST
Are you going there?
If no, he walks!

So if the expectation is PD is not extended, it then really becomes a ? of what someone pays for him at reduced value of a rental, b'c they see that too, vs accepting PD as a self rental now and then he walks.

Deangelo this season and next with a cheap pull the plug [and recover his cap] if you have to
vs.
PD same $ this season and then ..... lost asset.

Or, if you think you would get better than Deangelo as a rental, what would that be?

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Are any of your posts actually serious or do you see just how bad you can make proposals until someone calls you out. I started typing in a reply to your "Young Center/Prospect To Rangers" post but stopped because I didn't have the time to point out all the ridiculous statements or evaluations, now this. You think ADA after what has happened this season is 1 - a reasonable LHD trade target and 2 - carries the same value as Danault? I'll admit some of your prose are good comedy but you're on a bit of a downward slide today.

Let's tone down the snark, shall we?

1. the thread does not specify LHD, it specifies 'puck moving' and other posters acknowledged generally Deangelo's skill set is spot on match to OP ask, even if value and currency is not clear.

2 best case scenario, of course, Danault > than ADA.
However, it is NOT best case, all things are not equal.

Danault has manned up and advised he wants to be paid.
Like I said, premise is Habs [most teams] can't/won't go there given hard cap reality.

So his current actual value is diminished as a rental where there is min likelihood acquiring team can/will extend.

In THAT context, that factual reality, it is a ballpark conversation.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Major team shakeup proposal!

Det: Filip Hronek + Anthony Mantha + EDM's 2nd round pick

MTL: Tomas Tatar, Philip Danault + MTL's 1st round pick

This is interesting, but given EDM scratching for RNH $ , how likely is it Danault is extended?
If those dots not connected, the value of PD is much less which impacts package.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad