Post-Game Talk: PTSD - Post Traumatic Smith Disorder

Who do you start in Game Two?

• Total voters

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
I dont think hes checked out but hes quite clearly not right.

Either he's still sick, hes injured or hes dealing with something mental. Hes been off for awhile but the last 3 games hes really off.
JP hasn’t checked out. Lots of times I watched him pick up his man and skate with him. He’s doing a lot of little things right, at least to my eyes, but he’s just not making any plays with the puck. Either his confidence is gone or he’s banged up, IMO. I don’t feel it’s an “effort” problem or buy-in problem.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
how wild is it that we are still stuck with the 2 goalies that stunk in the bubble almost 2 years ago

Could have paid the price to get Kuemper

Then they’d have Kuemper and Smith. From likely the worst tandem of any playoff team to one of the best. Smith backing up Kuemper would have been crazy. And with both of them undoubtedly out missing some time during the season (lol), Skinner would have had more starts and could be reasonable insurance to avoid a Rolly situation

Thanks Kenny, I’m sure glad we still have Sammy, this year’s first and whatever else it would have cost to get it done. :laugh::help:

Missing smitty

Oct 1, 2018
Quick did what Quick does, this is nothing new for him. He made the saves he needed to make. McLeod not scoring was where I first started to think "Uh oh." Of course, he's the master of missed chances.

Smith sucks, but let's not pretend like the team was all that good.

Mike Smith lost them a game they should have one. He didn't need to make many incredible saves, he just needed to not crap his pants, which is exactly what he did on the 3rd and 4th goals. He stops that Lemieux shot, stopping the shots he should, it's a different game. Instead he pulled a Mike Smith.

They played a Tippett style game last night. If they play it again, it's a trend. If they play Woodcroft hockey, they beat the Kings in 6.

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
Mark Spector will die defending Mike Smith but Jesse has one bad game and he's not a top 6 forward anymore
Spector will throw anyone under the bus when it suits him. Guy is beyond terrible. I think Gregor is the only one I have some respect for in our local hockey media.

Lacaar

Jan 25, 2012
Edmonton
Didn't see anything last night that makes me think this year will be different than the past two years. Hell looked like the exact same team. Pray for special teams and watch the other team finish their chances better than us 5 on 5. Sure we generate as much or more.. but too many times when we shoot there's no one in front. When we're in front.. no one is shooting.

I feel bad for McDavid. There's just too many of them each taking turns giving the game away.

And Jesse P was a complete and utter shit. He was Mother f***ing brutal. I wouldn't be upset if his p***y ass never saw the ice again. What a complete push over.

Reactions: Messrules11

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
Pretty sure that about 99% of fans would have preferred a different tandem this year.
Passing on Wallsteadt is going to hurt starting as early as next year.

Passing on Spencer Knight for Broberg - mistake.

Passing of Wallsteadt for Borgoal - may be another mistake.

Reactions: Davo Ikinzom

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Pretty sure that about 99% of fans would have preferred a different tandem this year.
A lot of them wanted to move on from Koskinen because Smith was totally going to keep up his play from last year (he didn't until recently). Holland got laser focused on Duncan Keith (who basically fell into his lap) while other teams were busy shoring up their goaltending. Lo and behold, the tandem that couldn't get it done the past two years isn't getting it done this year. And we're stuck with Smith for another season after this one. If the Oilers lose this series Holland should 100% be fired.

PinSeeker

Really narrowed his eyyyyyyyyyesssssss
Aug 22, 2005
YLW
He got kicked out of NAIT for plagiarism. Let’s start there.

He got caught changing an article on Oilersnation to copy a Twitter post that had come out earlier. He copied that too.
Wow, I had no idea. Brutal!

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
Why do you say that? I find him a little grating but have no clue on your accusation above

Look, I am not going to continue to dump on the guy here.

I am going to delete my other posts.

Go to the media thread and look there.

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
Mike Smith lost them a game they should have one. He didn't need to make many incredible saves, he just needed to not crap his pants, which is exactly what he did on the 3rd and 4th goals. He stops that Lemieux shot, stopping the shots he should, it's a different game. Instead he pulled a Mike Smith.

They played a Tippett style game last night. If they play it again, it's a trend. If they play Woodcroft hockey, they beat the Kings in 6.
Yup.. Smith made a huge blunder but if this team played the Woodcroft system that they have been and not reverting back to their old ways, I don't think the game would have been close. The team is dominant when the forwards aggressively backcheck helping out our D. King players were skating in our zone way too easily last night with our D backing up and additionally the team losing a lot of board battles and early on, losing a lot of faceoffs. Tippett hockey is an accurate description.

Reactions: Missing smitty

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad