Post-Game Talk: PTSD - Post Traumatic Smith Disorder

Who do you start in Game Two?

• Total voters

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Yes, he did score. He’s also not here anymore. Just imagine if he or Kassian scored in game 2 last year.
Just teasing you. He's the only Oiler to score beyond the 2nd period in this 7 game losing streak. His goal put them up 4-1 and they still lost. So despite a bottom 6 scoring even one goal, it didn't change the outcome.

He was also the Centre on the 4th line that scored the only 2 third period goals in the only game we've won over the last 3 years (though he had just completed a line change 5 seconds earlier bringing on Draisaitl on the second goal). So he kind of proved your point on that one.

Last edited:

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
Draisaitl obviously was a factor in this game no question, but he's credited with zero hits. With the experience of the last 2 years getting owned in the playoffs and 2017 and you don't throw a hit? PJ in floater mode and doesn't think to hit anyone either. Ugly. And those guys can afford to throw some weight around.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Draisaitl obviously was a factor in this game no question, but he's credited with zero hits. With the experience of the last 2 years getting owned in the playoffs and 2017 and you don't throw a hit? PJ in floater mode and doesn't think to hit anyone either. Ugly. And those guys can afford to throw some weight around.
And zero HD scoring chances 5 on 5. I didn't mind his 2nd period, but his first and third periods, he was completely invisible and was fortunate to get a plus only because McDavid took matters into his own hands

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018
And zero HD scoring chances 5 on 5. I didn't mind his 2nd period, but his first and third periods, he was completely invisible and was fortunate to get a plus only because McDavid took matters into his own hands
With how he coasted at the end of the season, I hoped he was saving it for the playoffs. So far, I'm not impressed.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario

Considering the entire team had one single high danger chance at 5v5 in the last 45 minutes of the game, having zero isn't that noteworthy.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Derek Ryan had one less individual high danger chance at 5v5 than the other 10 forwards combined. (He had two iHDCF, by the way.)

Singling out players in a game that bad is pretty silly.

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
IMO we should have won that game.

The first two kings goals happened because of missed defensive assignments, but the dmen quickly adjusted and started covering their man better. The third one happened off of a McDavid giveaway if I’m remembering correctly... Fourth one……..

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013

McDavid must be thinking 3 times we fought back. 2 of those goals were awful and this idiot wants to be a hero so some eager oiler fan can share their Mike Smith art on Twitter for his ego or something.

The team fought back to cover Smiths errors but he kept on taking bad chances. Don't blame mcdavid for being pissed.

Reactions: gordonhught

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3