{PS3} HF HABS GM Connected for NHL 13(Looking for 4 ACTIVE players)

Bud2790

Jun 2, 2009
Montreal
I think the way they set it up is each team has 1 gm, 1 coach and 25 players. I don't think that two-three people can share the GM responsibilities. I think they're restricting it to one person who is really "the manager". Also wouldn't make sense if a second GM does a trade the first GM hates, it would only create grief. I'd say 99% sure EA wouldn't make it so.
It is EA were talking about lol! But yeah, what I meant was add a reserve as a player and he can play when the GM is not available to play.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Isn't the first patch usually in like on opening day of the season or something?

If there are any big moves, we're probably just better off doing the trades ourselves online.

No. Depending on who plays, say someone from a league that isn't covered they can't put their name in game until they are officially NHL(or one of the other league's) rights. So they usually wait till a few games in, then they prep the patch then they distribute it. It may end up a month in.

Every team can have a certain amount of users on it. If some GM's are not super active and are keeping you guys back, maybe you can add reserve players to those teams to help the league move along.

You can also have up to 6 users per team playing in the game, maybe some GM's will accept to have a reserve play the games with them. Although this doesn't work if you really want to keep games 1 vs 1!

But the first option could work in certain situations IMO i.e. certain GMs can't be on for a couple of days or GMs know they can't play all games in those cases the reserve plays.

Just trying to help! Or if there are enough reserves, start a new league!

Yah but then the backup will want a say in who he's controlling. It will just be a mix up unforunately.

I hope there's an option to switch GMs mid season. This way of some fail to be active I'll find someone else.

Great I didn't see that someone chose tampa and I missed my chance.

Thanks for not updating the list enough!

:laugh:

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
More details about GM Connected here:

http://www.easports.com/nhl/news/article/gm-connected-revealed

Read it, provide ideas, feedback, etc...

Quick Summary:

-You can play vs Computer or Human players/GMs.
-You can play co-op (2 people on one team, like OTP/EASHL, etc...) *
-Create AI systems and strategies.

-Commisioner can veto trades. Just like in real NHL trades need to pass by commisioner for approval. For GM Connected, this allows for the prevention of cheating.**
-Commisioner can sim games and sets schedule.

-There will be an integrated news blog and in game mail.

-There is a mobile app where you can make trades and do little things to stay up to date.

-Drafting is not a live draft. As in the NHL you will set up a draft priority list and the draft will be done automatically and choose your BPA based on your list.

-AI GMs will be smarter and take into account short and long term needs.

*=I doubt we'll be using this option as people will play 2 vs 1 and it will be unfair.
**=A commisioner can be overthrown if the GMs feel he is doing a bad job. To allow for fairplay I would like if 1 GM of each division helped out with the league. They will vote on approving or disapproving trades. Only 2 approvals out of 6 votes are required for approving trades.(I'd say majority but to speed up game I'd assume 3-4 guys on average will reply quick enough, so 2 is majority of that).

Last edited:

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
I can represent the Northeast.

Sweet, we need 5 more. I hope people don't see it as a burden. Just wanna make sure this goes smoothly.

I'm 99% sure if there's 4 min periods, i'm putting it. Might as well save people time if they are gonna play 20+ games. If there's a legit reason to reject 4 min over 5, let me know now.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Are we allowed to choose a person to play all our games for us?
You mean you just want to GM the team and have someone play for you? That's an option in GM Connected, so yes. You can also just have the computer play for you (but that would stupid, IMO).

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
You mean you just want to GM the team and have someone play for you? That's an option in GM Connected, so yes. You can also just have the computer play for you (but that would stupid, IMO).

That's what I assume he meant and I suppose I could allow it but it would mean they will never ever play 2 vs 1(unfair so not allowed). It seems like a hassle really lol:laugh:

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
That's what I assume he meant and I suppose I could allow it but it would mean they will never ever play 2 vs 1(unfair so not allowed). It seems like a hassle really lol:laugh:

could be a good options for those who dont have as much time to play, assuming option is there, you assign one guy as GM (to make trades and whatnot) and another to play

Dagistitsyn

Aug 27, 2011
Nova Scotia
More details about GM Connected here:

http://www.easports.com/nhl/news/article/gm-connected-revealed

Read it, provide ideas, feedback, etc...

Quick Summary:

-You can play vs Computer or Human players/GMs.
-You can play co-op (2 people on one team, like OTP/EASHL, etc...) *
-Create AI systems and strategies.

-Commisioner can veto trades. Just like in real NHL trades need to pass by commisioner for approval. For GM Connected, this allows for the prevention of cheating.**
-Commisioner can sim games and sets schedule.

-There will be an integrated news blog and in game mail.

-There is a mobile app where you can make trades and do little things to stay up to date.

-Drafting is not a live draft. As in the NHL you will set up a draft priority list and the draft will be done automatically and choose your BPA based on your list.

-AI GMs will be smarter and take into account short and long term needs.

*=I doubt we'll be using this option as people will play 2 vs 1 and it will be unfair.
**=A commisioner can be overthrown if the GMs feel he is doing a bad job. To allow for fairplay I would like if 1 GM of each division helped out with the league. They will vote on approving or disapproving trades. Only 2 approvals out of 6 votes are required for approving trades.(I'd say majority but to speed up game I'd assume 3-4 guys on average will reply quick enough, so 2 is majority of that).

Lame

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
could be a good options for those who dont have as much time to play, assuming option is there, you assign one guy as GM (to make trades and whatnot) and another to play

Yes, but as long as they don't 2vs1 it I guess. These are details we can figure out as we go. Do you plan on getting NHL 13?

Depends. Imagine 30 guys needing to be on at same time for the draft and how long it would take!

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
I'm late to the party, of course, but please add me on the reserve list. I used to play in such online leagues around 2002-2004 I think, on PC. Had a blast. The only problem we sometimes faced was people being never available to play their games... and people abusing cheap goals. Hopefully next year's game doesn't have glitch goals, they have been able to "avoid them" mostly in the last few years compared to earlier versions of the game.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
2-1 isn't really all that unfair. My friend and I get owned all the time on VS in NHL. The guy can switch between his guys so easily, where as you only have four selections. You may be more likely to score, but you are wayyyyyyyy more likely to give up odd man rushes playing with 2 people.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Stjonnypopo said:

Mise en echec said:

Any interest to be on reserves?

Are you interested in the GM connected or just dropping by the say hello?;)

I'm late to the party, of course, but please add me on the reserve list. I used to play in such online leagues around 2002-2004 I think, on PC. Had a blast. The only problem we sometimes faced was people being never available to play their games... and people abusing cheap goals. Hopefully next year's game doesn't have glitch goals, they have been able to "avoid them" mostly in the last few years compared to earlier versions of the game.

Done

2-1 isn't really all that unfair. My friend and I get owned all the time on VS in NHL. The guy can switch between his guys so easily, where as you only have four selections. You may be more likely to score, but you are wayyyyyyyy more likely to give up odd man rushes playing with 2 people.

I usually kick ass when im 1 vs 2 but for sake of consistency, its 1 vs 1 for now. We'll explore if it comes around. I don't want to be too complicated too soon. We'll iron out the details as we go. I'm open to suggestions and this is one i'll consider.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad