GDT: PS Game #6| FLYERS at NY Rangers |Mon., Sep. 29, 2014| 7:00 p.m. ET

tuckrr

Nov 28, 2008
I would contend and always have contended that guys like him and Matt Read in your forward lineup help teams become very successful in the new NHL. Fast, clever and good on both sides of the puck, as well as great at getting through the neutral zone.

Which is why Laughton, Leier and to a lesser extent Lindblom excite me as prospects. They have skillsets which so long as they don't nosedive they should become underrated, great middle sixers. (with Lindblom his skating needs to get more explosive, but the other two pretty much have the skillset they need already.)

Leier too

blinds

Jan 5, 2012
Yeah he said it is not really competitive for him..

Yep, remember him saying something about how he wins every board battle because everyone's so much smaller than him. I don't know how much he has to gain from another year in juniors.. maybe round out his offensive game and play with the puck.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
I think both Ghost and Morin should make it after watching all these other ******* dmen play! I think s the season went on they both would get better.

SgtJoseph*

Our compete level got better the 2nd half of the game........Saw some good things from Laughtons line ...Mase made a ton of quality saves throughout the game . Looking forward to tomorrow nights contest .

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
The whole you can play in the NHL but not the AHL is one of the dumbest rules there is.

It's put in place to protect junior teams from losing players. It is a business much like the NHL after all.

There's a few cases a year where it's really a hinderence but Morin isn't one of them in my opinion. He still has stuff to prove at the junior level.

blinds

Jan 5, 2012
I wasn't able to watch because I was in class, but I read through the GDT. So were Morin and Ghost really that dominant? How can we justify sending them back down if they're already playing so much better than our regulars?

Hextall said they would have to straight out beat out the vets for their spot.. well, it sounds like they are. Says more about the vets than the rookies TBH.

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
Yep, remember him saying something about how he wins every board battle because everyone's so much smaller than him. I don't know how much he has to gain from another year in juniors.. maybe round out his offensive game and play with the puck.

IIRC he was nearly a ppg player when he got pp time, unfortunately there were long stretches when he wasn't getting that opportunity. If he doesn't get a steady helping of PP time in juniors I could definitely understand why some would have a problem with sending him back down.

FLYERSFAN18

May 31, 2008
Pennsylvania
I wasn't able to watch because I was in class, but I read through the GDT. So were Morin and Ghost really that dominant? How can we justify sending them back down if they're already playing so much better than our regulars?

Hextall said they would have to straight out beat out the vets for their spot.. well, it sounds like they are. Says more about the vets than the rookies TBH.

Well they were way better than Macdonald and Coburn tonight. And they played better than Grossmann and Schenn played all of the last two season imo

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
It's put in place to protect junior teams from losing players. It is a business much like the NHL after all.

There's a few cases a year where it's really a hinderence but Morin isn't one of them in my opinion. He still has stuff to prove at the junior level.

He needs to work on the PP and wouldn't get that chance in the NHL. Maybe not in the AHL.

FLYERSFAN18

May 31, 2008
Pennsylvania
IIRC he was nearly a ppg player when he got pp time, unfortunately there were long stretches when he wasn't getting that opportunity. If he doesn't get a steady helping of PP time in juniors I could definitely understand why some would have a problem with sending him back down.

I agree. If he was to go back and not play all situations I would be disappointed. If that were the case I would rather have him here getting 15 or so minutes a night

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

He will get top PP time this year, their other top defensemen last year who was being used on the top PP unit moved on after being an overager last year.

He'll be the undisputed #1 in all situations this year for a team that looks to be a top team not only in the Q but the CHL as a whole.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Take Ghost off that list IMO. He's struggled mightily tonight. Morin has been the best Flyer, he's NHL caliber now. With that said it would be a mistake to keep him.
Can we put him back on the list?
The whole you can play in the NHL but not the AHL is one of the dumbest rules there is.
It would kill junior hockey as we know it if they changed the rule.

Agreed. The AHL would be a challenge for him but he still has things to work on and junior hockey won't be a waste of his development. He's like a rock wish sharp edges. Once he smooths them out, he's going to be a force. I thought he had great legs tonight. Either that or everyone on the Flyers had rocks in their skates (which is quite possible).

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
Can we put him back on the list?

It would kill junior hockey as we know it if they changed the rule.

Agreed. The AHL would be a challenge for him but he still has things to work on. He's like a rock wish sharp edges. Once he smooths them out, he's going to be a force. I thought he had great legs tonight. Either that or everyone on the Flyers had rocks in their skates (which is quite possible).

Absolutely :laugh:

I thought he struggled in the first but honestly the Flyers were losing 3-0 and were grossly out shot so really who didn't (outside of Morin who I thought was great pretty much all game).

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
He will get top PP time this year, their other top defensemen last year who was being used on the top PP unit moved on after being an overager last year.

He'll be the undisputed #1 in all situations this year for a team that looks to be a top team not only in the Q but the CHL as a whole.

I think kostalek is going to get top pp time this year.

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
Also waive Coots and Read cause they have had poor preseasons. Replace them with Laughton and Leier.

Grossmann and DZ/Schultz can't be compared to Read and Couts. Not the same thing.

Grossmann will start solid as always but he'll inevitably get hurt and when he plays hurt he's a detriment to the team.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Missed the second two periods again.

How was Akeson?

How was Mason behind that roster?

I've seen that ghost and morin are getting praise, how did Coburn and macd finish up?

Please tell me Schenn was better in the second and third than in the first.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad