GDT: PS Game #6| FLYERS at NY Rangers |Mon., Sep. 29, 2014| 7:00 p.m. ET

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
“@jaygeemsg: Also: Shayne Gostisbehere scored on wicked slapshot & then glared at #NYR bench. Said M.St Louis: "10 minutes in the league and you do that?”

I am liking Ghost more and more, by the second, and disliking MSL, more and more by the second.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Also I know its preseason but the last two games the vets looked like they havent cared too much. I know its a rough schedule but really other than Raffl none of the forwards have really impressed. Streit on defense as been the only good one also. Coburn and MacD have been getting eaten ALIVE this preseason. Really hope ot turns around because if not we are in alot of trouble.

This ^

Meltzer today pointed out the same thing. It is a bit troublesome even if it is preseason. The Coburn and MacD pairing makes absolutely no sense. MacD lets players come into the zone at will and Coburn looks like he's overthinking out there.

The youngsters and bubble players are putting the vets to shame and that is uncalled for...

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
I am liking Ghost more and more, by the second, and disliking MSL, more and more by the second.

MSL has about 10 minutes left in his career compared to Ghost's budding career...so he should **** and stop being a jealous little wuss. I hate that he is on the Rangers....little punk is so annoying.

RJ8812*

Ya, I seriously despise St. Louis.

What kind of captain would quit on his team in the middle of a playoff run because he didnt make Team Canada?

****ing crybaby

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
MSL really has become more and more unlikeable over the past year. I'm sure nobody said anything to Ghost throughout the course of the game that may have gotten him fired up, right?

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I understand the point of not blunting a prospect's development by sitting him in the box, but what do we see as a legitimate reason for Schultz to be receiving regular paycheques? If someone goes down for 1-2 games, is he the better option to suit up versus a Phantom like Alt who is now much more coveniently located? And if there is a long-term injury, does the front office seriously consider Schultz to be a logical stopgap?

It was a so-so idea in the offseason and has become – I'm going on game reports, so requisite grain of salt – painfully obvious that Schultz is not an NHLer. I'd rather see someone like Alt be kept up and rotate the D so he gets a fair bit of playing time.

Well the thing is even with the Phantoms being closer to the Flyers now there still is going to be times where it might be tough to call up someone on short notice (say the Flyers on a road trip out west for example).

I think it would be tough to do that. I wouldn't want to ruin anybodies flow by playing musical chairs with spots on the defense. Alt's fine in the AHL playing top pairing minutes, if someone gets hurt long term him, Gostisbehere, or Hagg should be line for a call-up.

RJ8812*

MSL really has become more and more unlikeable over the past year. I'm sure nobody said anything to Ghost throughout the course of the game that may have gotten him fired up, right?

He's always been a ***** in my eyes. He's one of the best floppers in the league. Every you touch him, he's looking for a call

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Don't forget MSL trying to smash Alexei Zhamnov's exposed hand with his stick in the 2004 ECF. It's a ****ing farce he ever won the Lady Byng.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Well the thing is even with the Phantoms being closer to the Flyers now there still is going to be times where it might be tough to call up someone on short notice (say the Flyers on a road trip out west for example).

I think it would be tough to do that. I wouldn't want to ruin anybodies flow by playing musical chairs with spots on the defense. Alt's fine in the AHL playing top pairing minutes, if someone gets hurt long term him, Gostisbehere, or Hagg should be line for a call-up.

Hextall wants the kids to paly every night in LV. Schultz freakin sucks do doubt but that's why he is there in the pressbox. I think many teams have a guy like Schultz sitting in the pressbox.

Last edited:

Stasis

Mad Decent
Oct 25, 2009
NYC & MTL
:laugh:

You guys are going crazy with this MSL hate. I love it. The comment is funny. Just like Brass telling Stortini to enjoy the AHL after he said something like "it's going to be a long night for you guys" to the whole bench.

And Simmonds' "we're out for blood". This is who we are to each other. Rangers Flyers hatred. Wouldn't be the same without it. MSL's comment is so minor compared to what else has been said through the years and even very recently.

McDonagh27

Aug 3, 2005
Canada

You guys are going crazy with this MSL hate. I love it. The comment is funny. Just like Brass telling Stortini to enjoy the AHL after he said something like "it's going to be a long night for you guys" to the whole bench.

And Simmonds' "we're out for blood". This is who we are to each other. Rangers Flyers hatred. Wouldn't be the same without it. MSL's comment is so minor compared to what else has been said through the years and even very recently.

Seems very tame when compared to Averys threat "I'm going to ********** k*** Giroux." Come on guys, we both hate the Pens more than each other. Why can't we be friends?

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I just find it annoying how veterans in the NHL want young guys to act like robots & play like it just because they haven't been in the league for long. If you don't like then try to stop them instead of whining about during & after the game.

I felt the same way when Mike Richards did the same thing (although more publicized) with PK Subban a few years ago. It's more of a general thing that bothers me than it is with this specific incident.

Stasis

Mad Decent
Oct 25, 2009
NYC & MTL
I look at it more like ribbing. At least from MSL. I didn't see it or hear about it until now.

Richards on PK a few years back was definitely annoying. PK is refreshing in this league and Richards couldn't handle it.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I've hated MSL for over 10 years. Long before it was cool. :laugh:

I don't understand why their roster players kept fighting our AHL players. It seemed like a poor idea not worth the risk.

McDonagh fighting Jones was a real head scratcher.

ILoveStephanieBrown

Nov 6, 2012
I look at it more like ribbing. At least from MSL. I didn't see it or hear about it until now.

Richards on PK a few years back was definitely annoying. PK is refreshing in this league and Richards couldn't handle it.

Hey, I liked him when he was here, but there's no denying MR was a crybaby. They didn't call him Mike *****ards for nothing :laugh:

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
I've always like MSL.... I was advocating for the Flyers to try and jump into the mix for him at the deadline but I am glad they didn't(didn't matter anyway) because of that terrible cost to get him. Still a terrible deal made even worse by not winning it all.

ILoveStephanieBrown

Nov 6, 2012

Seems very tame when compared to Averys threat "I'm going to ********** k*** Giroux." Come on guys, we both hate the Pens more than each other. Why can't we be friends?

It's all in good fun :)

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

Pretty much Avery's last hoorah as an NHL player that game. He was even more annoying than usual that game. He was yapping all game but kept running away from Simmonds until he suckered Simmonds while being held down by a ref during a pile up.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
I just find it annoying how veterans in the NHL want young guys to act like robots & play like it just because they haven't been in the league for long. If you don't like then try to stop them instead of whining about during & after the game.

I felt the same way when Mike Richards did the same thing (although more publicized) with PK Subban a few years ago. It's more of a general thing that bothers me than it is with this specific incident.

Richards ripped Rinaldo for "running around" and being a two bit AHL'er......of course some of the haters on here probably didn't mind the characterization. :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad