Post-Game Talk: PS Game 5 - Backes is BACK!!! - BRUINS 2 Newark 0 F

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Anyone else been pretty much blown away at the level of play from the blue liners? On the whole they’ve been outfreakingstanding in all areas of play. No matter who’s out there I’ve never been the least bit concerned with any parts of their game. They are pinching super aggressively, attacking the high slot, then on the other end making really quick first passes

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Takeaways

1. Oscar Steen & Pavel Shen

Very interested in what they do in Providence

Impressed with the skating of both

2. Trent Frederic

Competes hard takes zero shit

Lot to like - will be a fan favorite at some point

3. Lauzon

If he stays healthy he’s an NHL player

4. Anders Bjork

Stick him on third line for now and leave him there

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Everyone realizes that Bjork has been playing LW all preseason right? And so has Heinen. So unless one of them is RW on Saturday then there's no chance Bjork is making the opening night roster.

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
Everyone realizes that Bjork has been playing LW all preseason right? And so has Heinen. So unless one of them is RW on Saturday then there's no chance Bjork is making the opening night roster.

Bjork has played RW almost his entire college and NHL career and views himself as a RW. It's not LW or bust for him to make the team. Come on.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Bjork gets sent down Tom Kostopolous going to sign a 1 day contract with WB when they play Providence so he can cheap shot Bjork with a high hit ending season one way or another

maxbme

Jan 13, 2016
Takeaways

1. Oscar Steen & Pavel Shen

Very interested in what they do in Providence

Impressed with the skating of both

2. Trent Frederic

Competes hard takes zero ****

Lot to like - will be a fan favorite at some point

3. Lauzon

If he stays healthy he’s an NHL player

4. Anders Bjork

Stick him on third line for now and leave him there
Pavel Shen has definitely been a bit of an unsung hero this preseason. Happy he's gonna spend a few seasons in Providence, not going to be star, but seems like classic Bruins leadership player and fits the mold of a responsible 4c. Think he can become a big role player down the line.

maxbme

Jan 13, 2016
Heinen played RW when Bjork-Coyle-Heinen was a line a few games ago and was a rw with johansson-coyle. Heinen can play any forward position, I really don't think this is concern.

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
Heinen played RW when Bjork-Coyle-Heinen was a line a few games ago and was a rw with johansson-coyle. Heinen can play any forward position, I really don't think this is concern.

Neither do. I was just responding to the other poster who said that, if Bjork is not playing LW, then he's not going to make the team, which I think is false.

Reactions: Mission ImPastable

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006

Great. I hope I'm wrong because I'd love for Bjork to make a difference this year. Guy deserves a break.

maxbme

Jan 13, 2016
Great. I hope I'm wrong because I'd love for Bjork to make a difference this year. Guy deserves a break.
I think he will. He's made the team 2 years in a row but had some awful injuries. I understand why they might have wanted him to get time in Providence to get up to speed, but I think his performances in preseason has shown he's ready. If those 3 remain a combo through the season, Bruins are in very good shape.

Unrelated thought, wonder if Steen is going to get his chances as a C this year in Providence. He was great in that role in Farjestad.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
I think he will. He's made the team 2 years in a row but had some awful injuries. I understand why they might have wanted him to get time in Providence to get up to speed, but I think his performances in preseason has shown he's ready. If those 3 remain a combo through the season, Bruins are in very good shape.

Unrelated thought, wonder if Steen is going to get his chances as a C this year in Providence. He was great in that role in Farjestad.

It's a tough call for management on whether to bring him along quickly at RW to fill a hole or to take your time and develop a center.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Bjork is showing the naysayers what an impact he can have on this team. True, his injuries have limited his exposure and thus, his support, but he can be a positive force in the top nine. His talent is obvious.
Just in from the game.

Bjork was impressive. That kid works hard every shift. He has to be on the B's.

Halak had a good game. I wish he had scored.

David Backes looked great. I was happy for him.

also...Kampfer was solid. I know some don't like him but he makes smart plays and will be good to have around as an extra d man.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2