GDT: PS #6 // Coyotes @ Oilers // Sept 27 @ 7 PM MST // Streaming

Have your feelings about this upcoming season changed based on the preseason so far?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
The cheesiest thing in this is we're pitching a full game of Koskinen against the Yotes, one of the most inept scoring bunches in the league even when they dress a full lineup.

This smells so much of Chia face saving and trying to just find a legitimate on ice reason to even support the Koskinen signing. It has nothing to do with better/worse, just that Chia inked 2.5M so its a done deal.
Talbot just played. They certainly weren’t playing him. Would you rather they played Montoya?

Louis Cypher

Boys are back in town
Jun 11, 2007
We still need a third string guy. Montoya essentially has a buryable contract. We also need a third goalie for the Europe trip.

If we waive him now or next week or a week ago what difference does it make?

Plus maybe there is an injury or a failure around the league and Chia can trade him for a pick. He also puts pressure on Kostenen.

McIce Whole

Jan 7, 2008
Edmonton
Looking at that 2nd line Draisaitl might feel like staying in Germany for awhile.

Genuinely curious about this, who would you like to see Drai play with? I have seen you say negative things now about Yamo and Puju. Lucic I can understand. Based on your posting history, I’m guessing Rieder is one.

Last edited:

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018
With how well our RW and Talbot has been playing it’s almost like I forgot about Drai. Time for the German Gretzky to find his game soon.

It would be nice if people didn't jump down his throat for a subpar preseason. I'm not saying that he's been playing well, especially given the unexpectedly positive performances of some other players, but I think people should consider the circumstances. Guys like Rattie, Puljujarvi, and Yamamoto are desperate to secure spots while Draisaitl's spot is already fixed. Using basic logic, it's obvious who's going to play harder and who's going to hold back to prevent injury. Another factor, mentioned by someone else, is that perhaps he's focused more on the trip to Europe. Furthermore, with the positives largely outweighing the negatives, wouldn't it make more sense to focus on the players and units that are having success rather than the much smaller proportions of negatives (including Draisaitl). I know there's a small contingent of Draisaitl haters on here (names withheld) but it would be nice to save the venom for the regular season if at all.

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
Also, is there a nickname for the top line yet?

TRC line - Oh wait no, Truth and Reconciliation Commission of Canada..

Ratcon Nuge - sounds like a movie with Steven Seagal.

McNugeRat - MNR line.

I'm horrible at this

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
It would be nice if people didn't jump down his throat for a subpar preseason. I'm not saying that he's been playing well, especially given the unexpectedly positive performances of some other players, but I think people should consider the circumstances. Guys like Rattie, Puljujarvi, and Yamamoto are desperate to secure spots while Draisaitl's spot is already fixed. Using basic logic, it's obvious who's going to play harder and who's going to hold back to prevent injury. Another factor, mentioned by someone else, is that perhaps he's focused more on the trip to Europe. Furthermore, with the positives largely outweighing the negatives, wouldn't it make more sense to focus on the players and units that are having success rather than the much smaller proportions of negatives (including Draisaitl). I know there's a small contingent of Draisaitl haters on here (names withheld) but it would be nice to save the venom for the regular season if at all.

I think it’s perfectly valid to point out that Drai has been a no show so far in the preseason. Not jumping down his throat just a trend that started last year with about 15 games left in the season that has continued into this season so far. I have faith he’ll pick up his game though. You don’t see Talbot, McDavid or Larsson coasting through the preseason, I don’t expect Drai to either.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Also, is there a nickname for the top line yet?

TRC line - Oh wait no, Truth and Reconciliation Commission of Canada..

Ratcon Nuge - sounds like a movie with Steven Seagal.

McNugeRat - MNR line.

I'm horrible at this

I think "The Best Line in Hockey" is sufficient... ;)

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018
I think it’s perfectly valid to point out that Drai has been a no show so far in the preseason. Not jumping down his throat just a trend that started last year with about 15 games left in the season that has continued into this season so far. I have faith he’ll pick up his game though. You don’t see Talbot, McDavid or Larsson coasting through the preseason, I don’t expect Drai to either.

Fair enough. As a professional, he has an obligation to show up to all games and put in the effort. I just get sick of the constant trashing that he takes on these boards and the routine comments: Drai is lazy, Drai is slow, Drai is drunk, Drai is hungover, etc. 82 games is more than enough to tolerate that type of commentary; I was hoping (obviously erroneously) that it wouldn't start this early. I don't mind posters pointing out that he's having a bad game, especially if its true, but some of the comments are over the top, IMO.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
I saw one on twitter. The McNuttie line.

tenor.gif

Just made me think of him.

OilersAllTheWay

May 31, 2017

I haven't looked it up but does the timing of his "slump" go with when he was playing little to none on McDavid's wing and replaced with RNH? Having Lucic with him so often? Just curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad