GDT: PS #6 // Coyotes @ Oilers // Sept 27 @ 7 PM MST // Streaming

Have your feelings about this upcoming season changed based on the preseason so far?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Genuinely curious about this, who would you like to see Drai play with? I have seen you say negative things now about Yamo and Puju. Lucic I can understand. Based on your posting history, I’m guessing Rieder is one.

Rieder, Pulju(based on how he's playing now) and formerly Slepychev are some picks. Rattie would work too but you can't pry him off the first line. I just think we have directed premium resource at first line and the 2nd line isn't much.

Its kind of sad we ever got Lucic but we've heard that enough.

McYoungGuns

Jul 2, 2009
Edmonton,Alberta
Also, is there a nickname for the top line yet?

TRC line - Oh wait no, Truth and Reconciliation Commission of Canada..

Ratcon Nuge - sounds like a movie with Steven Seagal.

McNugeRat - MNR line.

I'm horrible at this

its the McNuttie line ... can u stop with ur bs attempts, I'm tired of u hemsky.... :D

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Score predictions?

I'm gonna say 7-4 Oil. Yotes are a good young team on the rise, but the 1st line will be too much for them to handle imo.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005

Watch from where it is (1:51) to see the Jets PP. It is all right shots, but the difference being Wheeler, (who is coaching the PP) is right handed and playing the right side, so everyone else on the PP is a one time option. There is an option for a long cross-ice pass (Laine) or a quick pass to the middle (Schiefele) or a pass to the point (Byfuglien).

McDavid, unlike Wheeler, is playing his off-wing, limiting every single one-time option. If he plays on the left side, I could see the 5 lefties thing working.

nashville runs a similar style of PP with mostly right shots as well on one unit Subban- ellis-johansen-forsberg . its a concept that works especially when you have passers like nuge/mcdavid

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
nashville runs a similar style of PP with mostly right shots as well on one unit Subban- ellis-johansen-forsberg . its a concept that works especially when you have passers like nuge/mcdavid
But, like he said Mcdavid needs to be on the left side for it to work.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
But, like he said Mcdavid needs to be on the left side for it to work.
yeah if you are going to use that attack method you need lucic in front of the net Drai going either back door or higher slot, klefbom on the point and have nuge as the float man,

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
I want to see Draisatl engaged more. Have not liked anything I have seen from him the last 2 games. He has looked slow as well.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
Important question before the game.

Does anyone still have the link to that Drai fan page that was full of gifs?

Asking for a friend.

:|

Reactions: nabob

Oilers Propagandist

Relax junior, it’s just a post.
Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Its the Yotes so I don't like your chances.

We always seem to play a lot of teams in preseason that just aren't any good, save for the Jets..

I would have started hitting the expresso around 6;40 to peak at the right time. You're probably going to crash before game time.
That I did, lol but im good to go right now im just excited for hockey so I dont care if it's the yotes. ahha

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Rieder, Pulju(based on how he's playing now) and formerly Slepychev are some picks. Rattie would work too but you can't pry him off the first line. I just think we have directed premium resource at first line and the 2nd line isn't much.

Its kind of sad we ever got Lucic but we've heard that enough.

Yamamoto has been one of the best players in the league all preseason. He had Rieder on his line as well and they looked horrible. Only one dragging Drai down is himself.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Looking at that 2nd line Draisaitl might feel like staying in Germany for awhile.
Sooner or later a guy making $8.5 million a year has to start being able to carry his own line irregardless of who he’s playing with. I’m not suggesting he’s pouting about who he’s playing with like you are but he is being paid like a bonifide star and not a complimentary player.

Hockey Nightmare

Oct 25, 2007
All you need is this one...

giphy.gif

Reactions: McTrashBoat
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad