GDT: PS #6 // Coyotes @ Oilers // Sept 27 @ 7 PM MST // Streaming

Have your feelings about this upcoming season changed based on the preseason so far?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
My storylines for tonight's game:

-The 4th line battle between Aberg and Caggiula. IMO one of those two guys is going to get waived/traded, and that Chiasson is going to get a contract offer. Barring injury, Yamamoto will be flying with this team to Europe.
-The org waiting on tenterhooks to see what Koskinen looks like tonight.
-Will Garrison keep up his solid training camp? Right now I think he's 50/50 to get a contract offer so far, and make it 75/25 if he has another safe game tonight. IMO Bear is destined to start the year in the AHL, but almost certainly be one of the first injury callups.

Oilers Propagandist

Relax junior, it’s just a post.
Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
I couldn't sleep and high on espresso shots.
I hope I can stay woke for this game.

Rattie with another hatty if that is the roster we're playing. McDavid and RNH 4 points and Drai looks like a boss.

go :edmonton

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
The team needs to see what they have in Koskinnen. They can’t go into the season without knowing. They pretty much know what Montoya is. His audition was last year.

Yep...I have come around to agreeing with this thought process and the reasons for playing him more and keeping Montoya up.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Win or loss I just want to see progress. No big steps back please

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Probably not, they haven't been doing very well together

InfantileDisloyalBordercollie-size_restricted.gif

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
About 10 minutes ago, Lowetide and Yaremchuk were saying Koskinen is getting the whole game now.

I'be be pretty choked if I was Montoya...he's been given next to zero opportunity to compete for the backup job say for one period against Vancouver.

Edit: Didn't see Cant'haveTkachev's post stating same thing about Koskinen getting the whole game now.

The cheesiest thing in this is we're pitching a full game of Koskinen against the Yotes, one of the most inept scoring bunches in the league even when they dress a full lineup.

This smells so much of Chia face saving and trying to just find a legitimate on ice reason to even support the Koskinen signing. It has nothing to do with better/worse, just that Chia inked 2.5M so its a done deal.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
The cheesiest thing in this is we're pitching a full game of Koskinen against the Yotes, one of the most inept scoring bunches in the league even when they dress a full lineup.

This smells so much of Chia face saving and trying to just find a legitimate on ice reason to even support the Koskinen signing. It has nothing to do with better/worse, just that Chia inked 2.5M so its a done deal.

That doesn’t fly considering his last start was against a stacked Jets team while the Oilers dressed all their bubble players.

This posts smells like someone who is writing a narrative again.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I couldn't sleep and high on espresso shots.
I hope I can stay woke for this game.

Rattie with another hatty if that is the roster we're playing. McDavid and RNH 4 points and Drai looks like a boss.

go :edmonton

Its the Yotes so I don't like your chances.

We always seem to play a lot of teams in preseason that just aren't any good, save for the Jets..

I would have started hitting the expresso around 6;40 to peak at the right time. You're probably going to crash before game time.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
That doesn’t fly considering his last start was against a stacked Jets team while the Oilers dressed all their bubble players.

That could be. So the pitch was low and out? I gotta work on my delivery. lol

Its my penchant to throw the rare org rant in there once in awhile, you probably noticed..;)

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

Very similar to Upshall. Even though it was pointed out that Kelly never made the team and he was a PC player as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad