Post-Game Talk: PS #4 - 10/03/16 | RANGERS @ flyers | 7:00 PM - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
just 2 quick thoughts...

Was VERY happy with Holdens game today...totally deserves a spot on this team.

Was completely underwhelmed...again, but Hrivik...i think they should trade him to another club...hes just....close...but i dont think hes ever going to play any meaningful minutes as a ranger.

FML at seeing Glass and Lapierre out there...i just know this crap will happen during the season...god damn you AV.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
All guys that should have been cut a week ago.

Like I've said zero urgency by AV going into last 2 preseason games with this many guys is absurd.

I haven't seen one defense pair that's going to be used in regular season yet. Smart AV

Kaapo Cabana

Next name: Admiral Kakkbar
Sep 5, 2014
Philadelphia
All guys that should have been cut a week ago.

Like I've said zero urgency by AV going into last 2 preseason games with this many guys is absurd.

I haven't seen one defense pair that's going to be used in regular season yet. Smart AV

How was Clendening tonight? I only saw the third period

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
Theres no way lapierre should make it through this round of cuts but with AV I wouldnt be surprised. Agreed. Afraid he will get signed. AV is moronic

Think both Kovacs and Stromwall get sent down as well. Not sure there. They might wanna instill confidence in Kovacs keeping him around a bit longer

Graves likely gets sent down though if we were doing this on merit, Graves or Gilmour would be one of the 8 instead of Skjei. Gilmour has been good. Interesting pickup. They will likely go with 8. Intriguing.

See bolded answers

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
2014-15

2015-16

2016-17 (so far)

At what point does it become "like usual"?

The last time he was anywhere near good was 2013-14 when he turned into Chris Pronger for awhile.But at this point the sample of him being bad is just as big as the sample of him being amazing.

McD was great last year. And he's played1,preseason game this season, are you seriously including that?

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Wow. I thought McD was actually pretty good this game. I mean that last play, sure, it was tough, but he stuck with one of the best offensive players in the league for a solid 15-20 seconds, and then got beat on an amazing individual effort, in OT of his first preseason game.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
By the way vesey gets railroaded and tanner glass doesn't hit anyone the entire game.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
Wow. I thought McD was actually pretty good this game. I mean that last play, sure, it was tough, but he stuck with one of the best offensive players in the league for a solid 15-20 seconds, and then got beat on an amazing individual effort, in OT of his first preseason game.

Not being a dick but he "played" 6 games for Team USA though it did not come across as so...

FoxysExpensiveNYDigs

Boo Nieves Truther
Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Guys I thought looked good: Miller, Vesey, Pirri, Graves, Butcher, Holden, Hank, Nash, Stromwall, Stepan

Granted, some of those guys only looked good in small portions of the game.

gorangers0525

Dec 15, 2014
McD was great last year. And he's played1,preseason game this season, are you seriously including that?

This. Even from an advanced stats standpoint McDonagh was good last year...positive corsirel playing with the worst posession player in the league

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
McDonagh was real good in that game. Really liked the way he handled the puck in the defensive zone. Quick and good decisions.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Pirri looks great again. Just loved this signing

Buchnevich no showed for 2 periods then played a really good third.

Vesey was everywhere loved his game

Stepan was horrible

Miller was very good

McDonagh was ok until he embarrassed himself and the sweater

Clendening AHLER
Hrivik AHLER
Lapierre prob should have stayed in Europe but AV will sign him no one has played more mins this preseason.

Glass done waive him doesn't look quicker at all

Hank and skapski fine

Liked mcilraths game in limited mins

Hayes getting there

Nash very solid game

Kovacs will be a player soon

Stromwell I like too

Graves will be better than Skjei

Summers AHLER

Still say we should trade Zucc now

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
i dunno, i felt like he overhandled the puck A LOT.

I'd prefer that and eventually finding an open man which he did on multiple occasions rather than dumping it down ice or doing so dangerously with Flyers looking to pick off outlets passes

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
Two games left in the next 3 nights. By then all the cuts will be made and the finalized team gets a week to practice and bond together before the season starts. Thinking Rantaa starts next game, then Hank in the last one. Putting together a 23 (or 22) man roster will be interesting to see. If we do not sign Lapierre and waive Glass (letting Buch and Vesey both start up on the team) I would be very happy. But that is too much to hope for...

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
Mr.McDonagh understands the value of zone exits with control of the puck. He learned it the hard way playing with Girardi.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
Mr.McDonagh understands the value of zone exits with control of the puck. He learned it the hard way playing with Girardi.

Yeah that's all well and good, right up until he let's the opposition just walk right in for the game winning goal

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
Yeah that's all well and good, right up until he let's the opposition just walk right in for the game winning goal

That has nothing to do with the issue of "over handling" the puck in the defensive zone. There is no need to be mad.

gorangers0525

Dec 15, 2014
Lapierre is equally as awful as Glass, if they make up 2/3rds of the 4th line this year is going to be unbearable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad