vs

TIME | 7:00 PM ET VENUE | WELLS FARGO CENTER - PHILADELPHIA, PA TV | MSG

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="ONLINE STREAMS/RADIO"]
ONLINE STREAMS: NOT ALLOWED | RADIO FEED: CLICK HERE

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="NEWS & NOTES"]

GAME LINKS:

Game Preview - Last Matchup; PHI@NYR 2/14/16 - NHL.com - RANGERS.com - FLYERS.com
Larry Brooks - NYDN - Rangers Report - MSG.com - Yahoo Sports - ESPN - CBC - SNET - TSN

AROUND THE LEAGUE:

aroundtheleague.png

PRESEASON SCHEDULE:

preseasonschedule.png

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="QUOTES TO NOTE"]

I felt good coming into the game, but probably one of the worst first periods I’ve had in a while.
I think I got better as the game went on. But I felt pretty good. Good to be back.
- J.T. Miller

It was a great feeling to come back here. I've been away for 4 months.
You miss the place, you miss the rink, you miss the guys.
- Henrik Lundqvist

I thought the guys tried to implement what we were talking about structure-wise, but those turnovers in the second were very costly.
This is a game where they’ve got a pretty full lineup there and we’ve got to see what our guys can do against NHL competition.
Again, if it wasn’t for that one stretch there, I like how our guys competed and executed.
- Alain Vigneault

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="PHILADELPHIA FLYERS"]

PROJECTED LINES:

LW | C | RW KONECNY | GIROUX | SCHENN READ | COUTURIER | VORACEK LAUGHTON | COUSINS | MCDONALD LEIER | WEAL | LYUBIMOV

LD | RD GOSTISBEHERE | PROVOROV MORIN | MACDONALD DEL ZOTTO | GUDAS

Scratched
|

STARTING GOALIE:

MasonSteve2.png

Steve Mason

INJURIES / SUSPENSIONS / MISC:

|

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="NEW YORK RANGERS"]

PROJECTED LINES:

LW | C | RW
jimmy VESEY | derek STEPAN | rick NASH
brandon PIRRI | kevin HAYES | pavel BUCHNEVICH
j.t. MILLER | marek HRIVIK | robin KOVACS
tanner GLASS | maxim LAPIERRE | malte STROMWALL

LD | RD
ryan MCDONAGH | adam CLENDENING
ryan GRAVES | dylan MCILRATH
chris SUMMERS | nick HOLDEN

Scratched
|

STARTING GOALIE:

LundqvistHenrik1.png

Henrik Lundqvist
*MacKenzie Skapski

INJURIES / SUSPENSIONS / MISC:

|

[/FIELDSET]

bannerboys2.png

Last edited:

NYR2007

Sponsor
Jul 7, 2009
New York
I'm curious to see McD and Clen pairing . I think they both will work nicely together

Last edited:

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
Solid lineup for the Rangers...Good to see they are letting Zucc rest. Wonder if they are going to give him a looksee with Zibanjad and Kredier next game?

I really like that AV is going to let #26 play with #21. I sound like a broken record but I feel these two are going to have chemistry.

iamthewalrus

Aug 1, 2010
Connecticut
Excited for lines 1&2.
Excited to see how Clendening holds up with McD.
Excited for Hank.

Excited that that 4th line will never see a minute on NHL ice together

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Oh snap more hockey? :yo:

Not gonna lie it's making me a little nervous how much Lapierre is playing.

Last edited:

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
No pairings

No real plan

Game 4 of 6 preseason games and we're still looking at this?

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
The cuts after this game will be very interesting. Most will be obvious, but a few will be telling.

Also, the names listed as "cut" directly made after the game tonight will not 100% reflect this round of cuts. Waivers are open, and some players will need to be put on them, and that won't happen until 12pm tomorrow (assuming none today).

Though now that I'm thinking about it, the team would probably list them as being cut anyway, just with a note that they'd need to go through waivers tomorrow. So...I guess you can ignore the second part there...

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
the cuts tonight will be the guys that should have been gone a week ago given all the competition for spots...

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
the cuts tonight will be the guys that should have been gone a week ago given all the competition for spots...

There are going to be more cuts than just the obvious guys who shouldn't be competing for spots.

Guarantee it. Rangers have 47 players at camp right now. I feel like they cut to get close to 30, or slightly below.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
I don't remember folks freaking out in pre-season like this before. What's going on? The World Cup has a lot to do with this being a bit different looking pre-season. It's not that big of a deal.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Need Vesey to make an impact tonight.

Will be mostly watching Giants on MNF, so I need you guys to keep an (objective) eye on things for me :P

No he doesn't. No matter how bad or raw Vesey and Skjei look in pre-season I can't imagine a scenario where they do not make the opening night roster. Now maybe if a month in they still look pedestrian, maybe they'll go to Hartford, but considering what it probably took to get Vesey here and the current state of this "defense" it would be really hard to believe they're at risk of going to Hartford. Even if they are rotated out as the extra forward and 7th d.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
I'm extra excited for the implosion when both Tanny and Lappy don't get cut over guys like Hrivik or Gerbe.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I still think jooris even without playing is your 4th line center. At least until they see what they've got in lindberg who folks don't be surprised if he isn't able to come back. What he have double hip surgery at 24? Yikes.

I'd say pirri gets the 13th spot he'll be splitting time with buchnevich is my thinking.

Clendening mcilrath make this team along with Holden skjei Girardi Staal mcdonagh Klein. AV likes having 8 D.

Gerbe Jensen hit Waivers unfortunately but hopefully Jensen makes it thru. Reading today that gerbe may head to Switzerland if not claimed has the option

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad