Post-Game Talk: PS #4 - 10/03/16 | RANGERS @ flyers | 7:00 PM - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Oh me, talking about how arguably the worst defensive team in the league is bad at defense.

Such hyperbole, so wow, very defense, much elite, wow.

Yeah Cuz McD is usually hot garbage.

Thank the deity of your choice (if you have one) that "fancy stats" exist, because with out them you'd be more clueless than you already are (and thats damn near impossible.)

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
Oh well, our 3rd stringer vs their starter and still took it to OT.

What. Prince Skapski has taken over the Kingdom. Did you not hear?

Good games by Pirri, Miller(best player 2nd half), Graves, Hayes, Vesey, Clendening and Kovacs. Buchnevich coming along, very good 3rd. Almost netted a few times and constructive. Holden was good on D but should not play PP. I guess Lapierre was OK too. McD, Stepan ad Nash all look a little slow, they might have trained a lot and need a few games together.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
2014-15

2015-16

2016-17 (so far)

At what point does it become "like usual"?

The last time he was anywhere near good was 2013-14 when he turned into Chris Pronger for awhile.But at this point the sample of him being bad is just as big as the sample of him being amazing.

He hasn't been "anywhere near good" for 3 years?

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
He was a step behind because voracek beat him in about 4 different spots in the zone. That was a joke. I'd close the doors and apologize to the team make sure the kids no what just happened is inexcusable even from the captain.

The kid was a beast when he came into the league now he's baby food soft can't stay healthy and gets beat on the walls constantly

Mandar

The Real Maven
Sep 27, 2013
The Tarheel State
Wow the overreactions to a bad 3 on 3 goal is preseason are insane.

QFT.

Can't believe we gave up that extra point to the Flyers!!! That point might cost us the number 4 seed in the preseason Stanley cup! ....happens every preseason!

Last edited by a moderator:

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Hank, Pirri, & Kovacs had a good game.

Yeah I notice Stepan line was invisible for a long stretch in that game, Nash had a good pass in 1st period then invisible almost even on PP.
And lost in OT.

Kovacs? Huh

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Cant wait! Im hoping within the hour?!

I would guess so. I imagine they already have most of the list compiled, with all the obvious cuts like Kovacs/Stromwall/Fogarty/etc.

But they're going to want to talk a bit about the players from tonight and whatnot. So I guess we'll hear about it after the media gets through all the players for their post-game.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Well, two years, because this one just started, but no he hasn't.

He was mediocre in 2014-15 and one half of the 2nd worst pair in advanced stats history in 2015-16.
Just an FYI if this is going to be an in-depth look into McDonagh and his past seasons it would be appreciated if it's brought to his Player Discussion thread.

GOAT AINEC

Soon..
Jun 4, 2014
Here come the overreactions when there was no Lundqvist for half the game, Zucc, Zibanejad, Kreider or Staal. The other shall not be named..

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
alright...bring on the roster cuts. I'm intrigued.

My guess if they go with 30:

Fwds (19)
Nash
Stepan
Kreider
Zucc
Miller
Zinbad
Hayes
Pirri
Vesey
Buch
Glass
Lapierre
Fast
Grabner
Gerbe
Hrivik
Jensen
Jooris
Strömwall or Kovacs

Defense (8)
McD
Klein
Staal
Holden
McIllraith
Clendening
Girardi
Skjei or Graves (interesting choice)

Goalies (3)
Hank
Rantaa
Skapski

Next cut is the interesting one

Mandar

The Real Maven
Sep 27, 2013
The Tarheel State
I would guess so. I imagine they already have most of the list compiled, with all the obvious cuts like Kovacs/Stromwall/Fogarty/etc.

But they're going to want to talk a bit about the players from tonight and whatnot. So I guess we'll hear about it after the media gets through all the players for their post-game.

Agreed...

Guys like Kovacs, Stromwall, Graves, etc. gives us some excitement for the future.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
<< Patiently waiting for someone to create an NHL team of indestructible Keith Yandle androids. I heard their name was gonna be the Hyperboles

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
My guess if they go with 30:

Fwds (19)
Nash
Stepan
Kreider
Zucc
Miller
Zinbad
Hayes
Pirri
Vesey
Buch
Glass
Lapierre
Fast
Grabner
Gerbe
Hrivik
Jensen
Jooris
Strömwall or Kovacs

Defense (8)
McD
Klein
Staal
Holden
McIllraith
Clendening
Girardi
Skjei or Graves (interesting choice)

Goalies (3)
Hank
Rantaa
Skapski

Next cut is the interesting one

Theres no way lapierre should make it through this round of cuts but with AV I wouldnt be surprised. Think both Kovacs and Stromwall get sent down as well.

Graves likely gets sent down though if we were doing this on merit, Graves or Gilmour would be one of the 8 instead of Skjei.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad