Post-Game Talk: PS#2 | 09/19/18 | Rangers vs Flyers... something I want to say

Status
Not open for further replies.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
To you Tawnos and NYR. I don’t post anymore (I know some of you are happy about this) because of guys like Machinehead. He’s an elitist college professor who’s driving an agenda that hockey should be played by ballerinas in pink skirts. Don’t bite and engage him. Now back to my semi-permanent lurking.
Coward just like McLeod.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
To you Tawnos and NYR. I don’t post anymore (I know some of you are happy about this) because of guys like Machinehead. He’s an elitist college professor who’s driving an agenda that hockey should be played by ballerinas in pink skirts. Don’t bite and engage him. Now back to my semi-permanent lurking.

I don't mind your posts at all.
Don't let anyone push you out.
You have every right to be here just like anyone else and if they don't like it that's tough shit.
Post on ;)

Reactions: Rongomania

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Get down off the cross and block people if they cause you so much distress. That’s what it’s for.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise

In fairness, Machinehead prefers Rangers' players wear blue sweatpants to pink skirts.

It blends better with the uniform, and is significantly more comfortable.

Last edited:

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
In fairness, Machinehead prefers Ranger players wear blue sweatpants to pink skirts.

It blends better with the uniform and is significantly more comfortable.

I want it to be known I'm not taking sides in this argument but this comment made me laugh pretty hard. Well done

Reactions: Edge

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I want it to be known I'm not taking sides in this argument but this comment made me laugh pretty hard. Well done

Yeah, I'm not interesting in taking sides either. I'm just procrastinating at the moment because I hate how overly complicated Google has made setting up news alerts.

Reactions: NYR Viper

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
...no you wouldn't. He's played 2 very good games and is getting credit for that, not sure where you are reading everyone thinks he's a top pair stuff. Maybe you are just upset because you were bashing him all summer and now are upset he is playing well?

Oh, yup, looking at your post history I found this gem:
All summer? You must be joking.
So, what has ADA been up to this point? I'll answer, a disappointment.
Right now, Pionk is the better player. No, he doesn't have ADA's skill, but he is more effective.
I really don't dislike ADA. I just think he hasn't been any good and his newly found improvement should be met with a fair bit of both optimism and skepticism.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
Yeah, I'm not interesting in taking sides either. I'm just procrastinating at the moment because I hate how overly complicated Google has made setting up news alerts.

But do set one up for "Brendan Smith weight loss"

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
Two preseason games seems to have swayed some opinions on ADA.

Prior to these games I kind of felt to be mostly alone in my opinion that he could/should make the NHL playing roster.

Reactions: Rangers in 7

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Having doubts over the summer never implied those doubts not being able to be answered.

Yeah, I think doubt and hope can co-exist when it comes to hockey players.

In ADA's case I don't think it's unreasonable to say he didn't have the inside track and would have an uphill battle. I also don't think it's far-fetched to follow that up with the hope he can make it.

Having said that, we're two games into the preseason. Hope and optimism aside, we still don't know if we have long-term answers yet and probably won't for a while.

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island
so i read the first page and everyone had glowing reviews of ADA, i then skipped to page 11 because i didnt want to read everything and i must have missed what he did wrong in the first two games to warrant the bashing....

my opinions on last night are that chytil and ADA were both dynamic, if deangelo can bottle how he has played these first two games and play like this then he can become excellent 3/4 dman that can drive a PP and put up a shit load of points, to be clear hes not perfect defensively but those claiming that pionk is miles ahead of him in his own zone are blatantly biased

hajek and smith looked good, even though i had to hear that smith lost 25 pounds about 10 times it did really show with his play and he looked great as well

i dont mind losing at all, especially where this team is at currently but hell they were exciting and watching the young players show progress is exciting

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
Yeah, I think doubt and hope can co-exist when it comes to hockey players.

In ADA's case I don't think it's unreasonable to say he didn't have the inside track and would have an uphill battle. I also don't think it's far-fetched to follow that up with the hope he can make it.

Having said that, we're two games into the preseason. Hope and optimism aside, we still don't know if we have long-term answers yet and probably won't for a while.

It's not unreasonable to think he did not have the inside track, yet I believed he should have always had the inside track. Sure his play in these first two games helps a bunch but even if he was not as good he still should have been given the benefit of the doubt.

He is a 22 year old RD prospects who has some undeniable talents, regardless of how many games he played prior, or how many times he was traded, being a 22 year old RD talented non waiver exempt prospect, a huge area of need within the organization should have always given him the inside track.

Sure not allowing him to believe that, having him prove it to a point was and is necessary but he should have been seen as what he has been for the Rangers: A young RD prospect who had shown a lot more pure talent than any other RD prospect in the whole organization. What he was for Tampa or Arizona, maybe even what he was under AV should never have been in the equation in my opinion.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
This is also very nice appeal to authority. Keep going.

So, that isn't really very much of an appeal to authority. Citing a single credible expert is definitely an appeal to authority. Citing even just a few credible experts is an appeal to authority. But the more experts you cite, the greater the weight the argument holds and the less of a logical fallacy it is. So much so to the point where it nearly disappears. We're still talking about a probabilistic argument, granted, so it's not 100%, simply because this is all really a matter of opinion. I just want you to be aware of how on the fringe your opinion really is. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad