Post-Game Talk: PS#2 | 09/19/18 | Rangers vs Flyers... something I want to say

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
We're going to have a lot of nights like this over the course of this season. Lots of goals given up... mistakes being made by players, and potentially less Lundqvist-level goaltending than we're used to... and losses.

At the end of the game, in a season like this, you've gotta ask yourself some questions. Let's use this game as an example.

1.) How did Chytil look?
2.) How did DeAngelo look?
3.) How did Hajek look?
4.) Did the team work hard?
5.) Did the team do anything to give you pride in the blue sweater?

If most of the answers to those types of questions are good/yes (and you can interchange in whatever young players you want)... please, let's not worry about the score at the end of the game. That's not what this season is about. Tonight, the team lost... but I'm perfectly happy with what our young players did. I think we also got a good answer to #5. #4... it took them a while to get going, but that's okay. I'm happy with the game tonight.

It's a different year than we're used to. Let's treat it that way.

Last edited:

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
A lot of sloppy shit--a lot of unforced errors. Henrik didn't look great---the Flyers were getting a lot of bodies in front of him early on though. And the Flyers had a bit more puck luck. Hart was easily the best goalie tonight.

Brendan Smith did have a good game--was IMO our best defenseman tonight. Buchnevich looked good. Zibanejad and Chytil looked good though Chytil's defending when we don't have the puck could use a bit of tweaking.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Good first comment, definitely important things to keep in mind this year.

Buch and Tony D were both very good again, which is important.

Chytil was good after a slow start.

Smith looked like an NHL defender again.

Hank was definitely bad but I’m not going to worry about him based on his first game of the year.

EpicDing

which is why I included the question mark earlier
Oct 2, 2011
Hartford
DeAngelo (Again)
Buchnevich (Again)
Smith
Hajek and Zib had good games too.

Based on past production and the preseason so far, this is what I want to see:

Kreider-Zibanejad-Buchnevich
Chytil-Hayes-Zuccarello
Meskanen-Andersson-Fast
Spooner-Namestnikov-Beleskey
Fontaine

Skjei-Shattenkirk
Smith-DeAngelo
O'Gara-Pionk
Staal-McQuaid

Lundqvist
Georgiev

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
These would be my cuts after this game:

Gropp
Gilmour
Holland
Keane
Lettieri
Fontaine
Howden

Give Hajek one more game, but eventually send him to the AHL.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
There will be some cuts for sure after this night game. And hopefully Spooner is not long term injured.
And what I saw of Hajek was very good - he looks NHL ready this season. Chytil with a very strong game and a goal - it`s hard to take away his puck possession due to his physic and he will be stronger as season progress as well. I`m happy with DeAngelo tonight thought he had a decent game.

Zib & Buch with strong games as well, but I wish to see more from Nam - he has much higher potential with chemistry on his line and he need to play with high hockey IQ guys who have fast pace like Zuccarello.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
There will be some cuts for sure after this night game. And hopefully Spooner is not long term injured.
And what I saw of Hajek was very good - he looks NHL ready this season. Chytil with a very strong game and a goal - it`s hard to take away his puck possession due to his physic and he will be stronger as season progress as well. I`m happy with DeAngelo tonight thought he had a decent game.

Zib & Buch with strong games as well, but I wish to see more from Nam - he has much higher potential with chemistry on his line and he need to play with high hockey IQ guys who have fast pace like Zuccarello.

I hate to say it, about the bold, but I really don't care much if he is. Injuries mean openings.

Reactions: Ori

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Yeah I just hope Spooner is not long term injured based on depth reasons, because I don`t enjoy the thought to have Vessey in a top 9 role this season.

Reactions: YearOfTheCat

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I thought Brady Skjei was okey, but we need to see much more from him as the pre season develop here. I also enjoy Smith tonight he brought the opposite of passive and cleared and protected the goalie, and he had one assist so a very strong game by him.

Reactions: YearOfTheCat
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad