Post-Game Talk: PS#2 | 09/19/18 | Rangers vs Flyers... something I want to say

Status
Not open for further replies.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
not really.

Now if ADA was perfect and was racking up points and had good size and was playing physical and great defensively then of course we keep him, but he is limited, his only strengths are skating and offensive ability. Offensive ability that did not result in much yet. Hajek and Pionk will outproduce him offensively in NHL. Their hockey IQ is way better.
What players are the Rangers actually in danger of losing via waivers?

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
Yes. What you're describing here is an elite player.

I too would like the team to keep elite players.

V good management. 10/10.

I was making a point that the reason he needs to be traded is managerial, not anything to do with me disliking him. I personally don't have any dislike for him beyond his play on the ice.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
Very surprised/ disappointed that Quinn didn’t feel the need to put mcquaid in the lineup last night with Gudas running around.
I'm curious to see what we can do with McQuaid in the lineup. I was wondering if he'd play last night. I wasn't able to see the game or any of these preseason games to come either, living outside the NY area.

I'm hoping Smith can make his comeback too, and I suspect he will. He seemed to have the right attitude this offseason with him committing to training hard and all.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
I'm curious to see what we can do with McQuaid in the lineup. I was wondering if he'd play last night. I wasn't able to see the game or any of these preseason games to come either, living outside the NY area.

I'm hoping Smith can make his comeback too, and I suspect he will. He seemed to have the right attitude this offseason with him committing to training hard and all.

Smith's comeback is all but confirmed. See the Rumor thread. :sarcasm:

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
Is anyone else tired of getting excited by these superstar undrafted college prospects who come here and the prospects who bail on their OG team and come here?

Gilroy, erixon, hayes, vesey and i feel im forgetting more. Hayes is the only one who turned out decent. At least we flipped erixon for something. Then there's justin schultz who flamed out at first too. It's amazing how all of these guys get us all excited and turn out to be bums

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
As one of Hajek’s biggest supporters, I wouldn’t mind him being in the AHL all year
I like Hajek too but I was mildly concerned he needs time. It looks like he knows what he wants to do and if he can hone some parts of his game more he will be here sooner than later; I am hoping for him to be a big boom player for us. Hockey Gods willing and they know we need it

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
Is anyone else tired of getting excited by these superstar undrafted college prospects who come here and the prospects who bail on their OG team and come here?

Gilroy, erixon, hayes, vesey and i feel im forgetting more. Hayes is the only one who turned out decent. At least we flipped erixon for something. Then there's justin schultz who flamed out at first too. It's amazing how all of these guys get us all excited and turn out to be bums

I believe the jury is still out on Gilroy.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
Granted, I haven't seen any preseason games yet this year but when he got called up in the latter part of last season he was pretty good, I thought. His stint in Hartford seemed to do him a lot of good.

I thought he was pretty bad last season other than several games.

Kaapo Cabana

Next name: Admiral Kakkbar
Sep 5, 2014
Philadelphia
Spooner had the second best corsi on the Rangers last night.

There may be some credence to Spooner-Zib-Buch. Kreider doesn't necessarily need to be there. He can carry his own line and frankly, he and Zib together is overkill. It's something you can save for down by one late maybe, but I'd consider mixing it up.

Spooner-Zib-Buch
Kreider-Andersson/Chytil-Fast
Chytil/Andersson-Hayes-Zucc

It would put one of our kids in a great position to succeed because Kreider-Fast is money. I could center Kreider and Fast.

While Buch has looked good, I don't know if I would let him be the best winger on the first line just yet. It definitely provides good shelter for either of our young centers though.

Reactions: Machinehead

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
I like Hajek too but I was mildly concerned he needs time. It looks like he knows what he wants to do and if he can hone some parts of his game more he will be here sooner than later; I am hoping for him to be a big boom player for us. Hockey Gods willing and they know we need it
I’m not really concerned, I think he’s already ahead of where Skjei was at the same age. I think his ceiling could be the non-marquee name on a top pair and maybe somewhere between McDonagh and Skjei

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Not sure how accurate this is: New York Rangers - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps
Bigras, Schneider, Claesson, ADA, Tokarski, Mazanec, Holland, McLeod
not sure why Nieves, O'Gara for example is exempt from waivers.

CF has a whole set of content on this topic, it is based on a combination of age, age signed, years pro exeprience, NHL games played, ...

Gilmour, OGara, Nieves all have only 2 full years pro so far,
i suspect all 3 will be waiver-at-risk in a year

guys who turn pro older, like Bodie who went NCAA at 20, and played 4 NCAA seasons, i think only got 2 seasons waiver exempt

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
I’m not really concerned, I think he’s already ahead of where Skjei was at the same age. I think his ceiling could be the non-marquee name on a top pair and maybe somewhere between McDonagh and Skjei
That's a pretty fair assessment and I would think he can reach it in the environment we're trying to build. I have to look up how old he is/I am at work and threading posts between the meetings and HR things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad