Post-Game Talk: PS#2 | 09/19/18 | Rangers vs Flyers... something I want to say

Status
Not open for further replies.

E-Train

Feb 27, 2002
New Jersey
They got a lot more, and it is not the fighting I am worried about, it is the hitting that they can put out. Martin, Clutterbuck, Komarov, Johnston, Cizikas, Boychuk, Kuhnackl, Ladd, Pelech, Lee, Pulock, Sbisa, Fritz, Seidenberg, Mayfield, Hickey, Beauvallier, Leddy, etc. all these players averaged over a hit a game last season. Many of them averaging over 2 hits per game. Playing Islanders this season will be a bloodbath.
Wow. That's a terrifying lineup. Rangers should forfeit now and get it over with.

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
Nobody should make decisions *purely* on advanced stats. His post is on point.

I agree you shouldn't make decisions purely on advanced stats, that's not what i commented on. I commented on the fact that he said "and ignore what happens on the ice" when advanced stats measure just that.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
He stops playing with JT Miller and Jimmy Vesey.
izcOK4m.gif

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
Or...he was really good last year, particularly when called the 2nd time, and ppl just didn't notice it as much because of the gong show going on around him.

Me and @Vinny DeAngelo have been beating this drum forever. Ada has looked great for a while now. Including his own zone. His issues last year, more times than not, we're due to mistakes his partners were making which put him in bad spots to get scored on as the last man back, and frequently it was the idiotic system that he was actually playing correctly that put him in such brutal spots. We love to overload the left side...he plays right d Whereare all the open guys when you eff up the overload on the left side?

um...you've forgotten someone i believe ... :naughty:

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
I agree you shouldn't make decisions purely on advanced stats, that's not what i commented on. I commented on the fact that he said "and ignore what happens on the ice" when advanced stats measure just that.

I think both advanced stats and watching what happens on the ice both have their places.

Reactions: Ori

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse

I've been an ADA fan since he was here in syracuse playing for the syr crunch as tampa property and actually was suggesting him as a trade target prior to the deal going down.

happy hes here and believe hes got the skill to be a big part of this teams future.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I've been an ADA fan since he was here in syracuse playing for the syr crunch as tampa property and actually was suggesting him as a trade target prior to the deal going down.

happy hes here and believe hes got the skill to be a big part of this teams future.

Blue Blooded has been the conductor of the DeAngelo Hype train.

The rest of ya'll are just passengers :neener:

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
Yes? I was commenting on the part in his post after the "," in the end.

So, you're saying nothing else happens in a hockey game except what advanced stats tell us? It measures everything and all aspects of the game? If that's the case, then why do you agree that there's more to decision making than just advanced stats? If it tells us everything that happens on the ice then why is there more to it than just using them? I'm confused by your position(s).

He clearly thinks that advanced stats are a tool and there's other aspects to a game than what advanced stats tells you.

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
If you're going to make definitive statements like this, then back it up somehow. Otherwise, it's nothing more than your unsubstantiated opinion, which holds less weight than an assessment based solely on Corsi because at least that's measurable. For me, the possession metrics align with what I see on the ice--Pionk struggles to move the puck up ice out of the D-zone 5v5, whereas DeAngelo makes good stretch passes and can carry the puck out of the zone with some regularity. DeAngelo struggles a bit more than Pionk on the rush 1 on 1 and can look foolish at times, and I think that tends to skew perception of the bigger picture.

Pionk was out against the opponents first line. The wouldn't put ADA in that spot. Why?

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
Yeah I don't know what people are seeing with Pionk. Girardi I got, because you saw the effort and the blocked shots. Not sure what Pionk does to pass the eye test.

Of course you are entitled to have your opinion, but it doesn't mean crap. We get it, you like stats. Lot's of guys are into that kind of thing. Way too many variables go into those numbers for me to take too seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad