GDT: PS #1 - 09/27/16 | islanders @ RANGERS | 7:00 PM - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
Most will be excited to see what Pavel can do tomorrow, but I think Clendening is just as interesting to watch, too. I hadn't bothered to look at Clendening's AHL #s 'til now. He had some great years in the AHL:

46 pts in 2012-13
59 pts in 2013-14

Never seen him play, but those are really, really good numbers that occurred not too long ago.

Mcilrath better have his **** together, lest Clendening leapfrog him in the order of things.

Loff

Lafdaddy
Dec 7, 2007
Soft euro
oh god the all-caps Loffen pls :laugh:

They are here to stay.

bc39fd77b95c22fff332e8bf38ff78b52c88da48826447d3e7d37579740f2cf7.jpg

sorry. ;)

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Most will be excited to see what Pavel can do tomorrow, but I think Clendening is just as interesting to watch, too. I hadn't bothered to look at Clendening's AHL #s 'til now. He had some great years in the AHL:

46 pts in 2012-13
59 pts in 2013-14

Never seen him play, but those are really, really good numbers that occurred not too long ago.

Mcilrath better have his **** together, lest Clendening leapfrog him in the order of things.

Clendening's been bouncing around and his last two season have not been all that productive offensively. He's not a big guy either. He's a puck moving D with some defensive issues.

Maybe I have more faith in McIlrath than you do.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ

AV likes Hrivik. Will be good competition in camp. I think the first round of cuts will be obvious. Second round is where it gets interesting...

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012

AV likes Hrivik. Will be good competition in camp. I think the first round of cuts will be obvious. Second round is where it gets interesting...

Ooo, that's good stuff right there.

Seriously with AV praising HRIVIK, I'm running out of reasons for him to keep glass on this roster.

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY

Prior to all the new Acquisitions...Vesey, Pirri, Gerbe, Jooris etc there was some good mentiones of Hrivik cracking this roster on Twitter.

After all of these players came aboard, its tough to see a roster spot open for him. Theres just no room.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
McIlrath should look good today. He's played with Bodie a bunch in Hartford and there's established chemistry between the two. I'm more interested to see how Clendenning looks next to Staal. Staal should have a much better start to this season now that the poor guy finally had the chance to relax and heal up. Staal has shown to be most effective with a puckmover, and though Clendenning has noticeable faults to his game, he can move the puck decently well. Each pairing seems to have a guy that's more "sit-back" defensive dman and another that's more offensively-inclined and can move/skate with the puck.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Not many people talking about jensen. I think he will make this team

I don't. There's just too much competition for the bottom-6.

Hrivik, Jensen, Hayes, Buchnevich, Vesey, Fast, Grabner, Gerbe, Jooris, Pirri, Stromwall, Kovacs, Nieves, Glass, Lindberg (LTIR).

If I look at the depth chart, regardless of position, it will be this:

1. Hayes
2. Vesey
3. Buchnevich
4. Fast
5. Grabner
6. Jooris
7. Gerbe
8. Pirri
9. Hrivik
10. Jensen
11. Stromwall
12. Nieves
13. Kovacs
14. Glass

I would put Lindberg somewhere between Grabner and Jooris once he is back. I just don't see Jensen making the team

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
I have Pirri ahead of Gerbe and Fast but not ahead of Grabner as I see those two as being interchangeable in that spot.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I have Pirri ahead of Gerbe and Fast but not ahead of Grabner as I see those two as being interchangeable in that spot.

The reason I have Gerbe over Pirri is because Pirri cannot play on the 4th line. It's top-9 or the press box for Pirri

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA