vs

TIME | 7:00 PM ET VENUE | MADISON SQUARE GARDEN - NYC, NY TV | MSG, MSG PLUS

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="ONLINE STREAMS/RADIO"]
ONLINE STREAMS: NOT ALLOWED | RADIO FEED: CLICK HERE

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="NEWS & NOTES"]

GAME LINKS:

Game Preview - Last Matchup; NYI@NYR 4/7/16 - NHL.com - RANGERS.com - ISLANDERS.com
NY Post - NYDN - Rangers Report - MSG.com - Yahoo Sports - ESPN - CBC - SNET - TSN

AROUND THE LEAGUE:

aroundtheleague.png

PRESEASON SCHEDULE:

preseasonschedule.png

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="QUOTES TO NOTE"]

I want to be a leading player, one of the top two lines, top six, where I can contribute to the offense.
I think the defensive number’s been going up every season and for a good reason.
It’s a lot more to give but I think, for me, it’s important as a young guy, because my base is off a two-way center, that I don’t disrespect the defense.
I feel like if I take care of my own end well, I’m going to get the chances. I’m playing with good players, the opportunity is going to be there.
I have to take the next step to bury them and to make the best out of it. That’s the kind of player I want to be.
- Mika Zibanejad

I know for me as I get to the tail-end of my career, and you see these young guys come in with high expectations, you just know you have to prove yourself.
Especially after the year I had last year, I’m here at camp to show that I belong on this team.
- Rick Nash

They’re huge. It’s no secret that one of the areas that we need to improve, we all know that our overall defensive play needs to be better in all facets.
Staal and Girardi are such a big part of that. Marc has told me he feels strong, his legs feel strong. Those battles he used to win, with the big body presence.
I think that’s going to enable us to play a real fast pace, both defensively and offensively. We need those players on top of their game.
- Alain Vigneault

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="NEW YORK ISLANDERS"]

PROJECTED LINES:

LW | C | RW LADD | BARZAL | PARENTAU DAL COLLE | NELSON | QUINE CHIMERA | GIONTA | FRITZ BOULTON | SCHEMPP | BERNIER

LD | RD LEDDY | HAMONIC DE HAAN | QUEENVILLE FINN | GRAHAM

Scratched
|

STARTING GOALIE:

Berube-J-F2.png

JF Berube

INJURIES / SUSPENSIONS / MISC:

|

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="NEW YORK RANGERS"]

PROJECTED LINES:

LW | C | RW
chris KREIDER | mika ZIBANEJAD | pavel BUCHNEVICH
brandon PIRRI | josh JOORIS | nicklas JENSEN
robin KOVACS | marek HRIVIK | malte STROMWALL
tanner GLASS | maxim LAPIERRE | chris BROWN

LD | RD
marc STAAL | adam CLENDENING
brady SKJEI | dan GIRARDI
mat BODIE | dylan MCILRATH

Scratched
|

STARTING GOALIE:

Skapski-Martin.png

Mackenzie Skapski
*Magnus Hellberg

INJURIES / SUSPENSIONS / MISC:

|

[/FIELDSET]

bannerboys2.png

Last edited:

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Glass-Lapierre-Brown

I think this might be the end of Glass, boys.

That first line will be super fun.

Kovacs-Hrivik-Stromwall might be a test for the Wolf Pack.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
Glass-Lapierre-Brown

I think this might be the end of Glass, boys.

That first line will be super fun.

Kovacs-Hrivik-Stromwall might be a test for the Wolf Pack.

Or the start of Glass-Lapierre-Brown.

If gambling and my 13 years on this planet has taught me anything, no one went broke on 50-50 raffles. You joke and I joke but Alain Vigneault will be laughing if somehow Lapierre and Glass has a good game.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Mia Islanders: Tavares & Halak.
Mia Rangers: Hank, Ryan Mc. Stepan, Zuccarello.

I doubt they will be ready for that game - just my speculation though.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Lapierre has a gordie Howe hattrick. Glass adds a goal and bone crunching hits with lots of toughness . AV is happy. Pencil them in for 4th line duties opening night. Jooris and pirri sit

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Mia Islanders: Tavares & Halak.
Mia Rangers: Hank, Ryan Mc. Stepan, Zuccarello.

I doubt they will be ready for that game - just my speculation though.

I think the plan was for them to hit the ice today and to start regular practice on Wednesday. At least, that was what was said for McD/Stepan/Miller. Not sure about Hank.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
First preseason game last year Glass was on the 2nd line with Moore and Hrivik. Fourth line was Gibbons-Megna-Adam.

Smell ya later Glass.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
ib4 Glass going after someone and dropping the gloves and getting praised by Vigneault.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
ib4 Glass going after someone and dropping the gloves and getting praised by Vigneault.

"I really liked the way Glass and Lappy looked out there together. I think they brought some energy when there were lulls in the game. We need that sandpaper out there to keep our guys engaged and in the game. I want to get some more looks at them as the preseason goes on."

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
I wonder if Kreider and Buch might be on a line together no matter what for the first bit of the season (assuming Buch makes the team etc etc) since Kreider speaks some Russian

NYR713

Jun 26, 2012
Those 2nd and 3rd lines are 6 of about 10 legit options on this team for 2 spots on a 4th line with Jesper Fast. That 4th line is hoping to show a bottom feeding team that they even belong in the NHL anymore and most likely end up in AHL or overseas. Grabner, Gerbe, Nieves and Fogarty would be the other 4 options I was thinking of (Lindberg on IR). Did I miss anyone?

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
The third line seems like it'll be Hartford's top or second line this season. Pirri-Jooris-Jensen has the potential to be an intriguing third/fourth line tweener

yrrebbor

Jan 21, 2014
New York, NY
I can't wait to watch hockey and drink beer at MSG again. It's been far too long!!! If we could not lose in the first round again, that would be great.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Wonder if that "2nd line" is basically a test run of 4th line possibilities.

3rd line is definitely a Hartford line but always good to get some preseason time in

Training camp definitely seemed much more low key this year because of the WCH and compressed schedule

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
I can't wait to watch hockey and drink beer at MSG again. It's been far too long!!! If we could not lose in the first round again, that would be great.

Careful with that monkey's paw type of wishing ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad