Provorov - what's wrong?

Bruckuss

FML & FCF
Apr 1, 2012
Not Toronto
Easy answer, with the speed of the game this year, he just needs another 16MB of RAM to process. This assumes they already tried unplugging him, and then plugging him back in.

Seriously, he gets alot of great press and adoration - does he feel pressure to live up to expectations and hype??

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
Easy answer, with the speed of the game this year, he just needs another 16MB of RAM to process. This assumes they already tried unplugging him, and then plugging him back in.

Seriously, he gets alot of great press and adoration - does he feel pressure to live up to expectations and hype??
Maybe it's just a bad stretch and there's no conspiracy looming on horizon that would explain this oddity.

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
Provy looks like hes in the Giroux loop. He knows he has to carry the defense and is trying to do too much. The fact that hes making mistakes is just making it worse because hes so hard on himself so hes starting to press instead of relaxing and just being him.

G went through phases like that too in his career. He had to carry the team and when results werent there he got into just kept putting more pressure on himself.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Knock it off.. he's still the 2nd best defenseman right now despite the poor play by his standards.
He's playing poorly by pretty much any standard, though I concede he's playing a ton of minutes against good opponents, which is highlighting his poor play. His skating simply hasn't been good enough and he's getting forechecked to death, in addition to making some bad decisions, probably because he's struggling with the pace of the game.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Provy looks like hes in the Giroux loop. He knows he has to carry the defense and is trying to do too much. The fact that hes making mistakes is just making it worse because hes so hard on himself so hes starting to press instead of relaxing and just being him.

G went through phases like that too in his career. He had to carry the team and when results werent there he got into just kept putting more pressure on himself.

I was watching him Saturday and he looked very frustrated. He’s trying to win the Norris out there instead of just playing. I also think his stick could be a little longer. Seems t would help with a lot of moves he tries.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I think he just had a rusty/slow start which has now morphed into him being Giroux-style frustrated, where he’s trying too hard and in his own head.

Not worried at all. Just like Giroux, he just needs one big game to get the monkey off his back and restore his swagger and confidence.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I was watching him Saturday and he looked very frustrated. He’s trying to win the Norris out there instead of just playing. I also think his stick could be a little longer. Seems t would help with a lot of moves he tries.

I think you probably meant "shorter" - if his stick were any longer, it wouldn't fit between the left-side boards and the right-side boards.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Not to make an excuse for Pronovov's rough start to the season, but has the WFC ice been particularly bad? I was harping on one GDT about the Flyers not being able to make simple passes and someone else said they thought the ice looked choppy.

I like that Provovon looks like his usual self when he takes the puck around his net and separates from a tailing opponent, but the puck isn't coming off his stick with authority.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Not to make an excuse for Pronovov's rough start to the season, but has the WFC ice been particularly bad? I was harping on one GDT about the Flyers not being able to make simple passes and someone else said they thought the ice looked choppy.

I like that Provovon looks like his usual self when he takes the puck around his net and separates from a tailing opponent, but the puck isn't coming off his stick with authority.

People have been falling down a lot too, more than usual. The funny thing is that I have seen it on the road and in other games that didn't involve us. Probably just a weird coincidence, I guess.

JXC

#ThisAintXbox #ThisAintMightyDucks #FireHakstol
Dec 28, 2005
He's playing poorly by pretty much any standard, though I concede he's playing a ton of minutes against good opponents, which is highlighting his poor play. His skating simply hasn't been good enough and he's getting forechecked to death, in addition to making some bad decisions, probably because he's struggling with the pace of the game.
Yes.

Play is play, and everyone goes through tough stretches.

It’s his skating that is concerning.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad