Providence Bruins General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
I'd like to see Cehlarik get a look next to Krejci, which would also allow us to see Spooner back at center for 9 or 10 games to see if he's improved.

Cehlarik - Krejci - Backes
Beleskey - Spooner - Czarnik

He looked big strong and faster than advertised. He caught me eye over everyone else in buffalo. The bruins brass standing next to me were also impressed. I'm sure he's down simply to get NA exposure. You guys will love him.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
He looked big strong and faster than advertised. He caught me eye over everyone else in buffalo. The bruins brass standing next to me were also impressed. I'm sure he's down simply to get NA exposure. You guys will love him.

Yeah, I've been a fan for a few years based on his development camps. Blidh is another one. I had them as my two dark horses coming into camp. Glad to see they're both doing well and pushing for a look.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I'd like to see Cehlarik get a look next to Krejci, which would also allow us to see Spooner back at center for 9 or 10 games to see if he's improved.

Cehlarik - Krejci - Backes
Beleskey - Spooner - Czarnik

While I like the idea of giving Cehlarik a look, can't see Claude going for Spooner at C when he has other more "dependable" options like Moore, Nash, and Schaller.

FLpanthers16

#CatsAreComing
Jan 30, 2014
Very pleased to see that Cehlarik is doing great for you guys. As i stated last year that he really worked on his skating the last few years in Sweden and it shows.

Hopefully he gets a look in the NHL soon!

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Is cehlarik LW or RW? Hockeydb has him listed as left handed by RW

He shoots left but he can play both sides, like a lot of Czechs and Slovaks.

While I like the idea of giving Cehlarik a look, can't see Claude going for Spooner at C when he has other more "dependable" options like Moore, Nash, and Schaller.

I'm a little uncomfortable with it myself. Offense is great but if you're a minus player you're not really helping your team. That said, I want to give him a chance to show whether or not he's grown. I also feel like that 3C needs to be someone with more offensive spark than Nash or Moore. If not Spooner, then a guy like JFK or Frederic will be a good fit, eventually.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014

I'm a little uncomfortable with it myself. Offense is great but if you're a minus player you're not really helping your team. That said, I want to give him a chance to show whether or not he's grown. I also feel like that 3C needs to be someone with more offensive spark than Nash or Moore. If not Spooner, then a guy like JFK or Frederic will be a good fit, eventually.

Moore is 4th in points on the year :sarcasm:

:cry:

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

I agree, but I'll also say having two-way dependability down the middle has been another key to the Bruins improved defensive game. I took me awhile but late last season I started to see Claude's conundrum with Spooner in the middle.

Ideally you have a guy like maybe JFK who can give you 40-50 pts. and solid defensive play at the 3rd line C position.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
How has grzcelyk looked in providence. Haven't seen much updates on him

What I saw at bu was a supremely gifted skater and passer but also someone who was prone to making uneccessarily high risk plays in his own zone. For someone his size, he can't afford to not at least be smart defensively both with and without the puck as he will have physical limitations no matter what.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Blowing leads and getting scored on late has been a significant issue since 2013 though

If you were to watch every team around the league, you would realize that this happens to each of them on a regular basis. On Wednesday night alone:

Philly up 2-1 with 6+ minutes to go and they give up 3 to TB and lose 4-2.

TOR up 3-0, blows that, up 4-3 in the 3rd, blows that, and loses in a SO.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
I don't really think that's true joe, are we judging ourselves against Toronto and Philly? Or do we want to be a top 5 team again that doesn't blow leads late?

In 2013, they had a pretty good year, then went on to win the conference and take the Hawks to 6 games. But, aside from an amazing comeback against Toronto, that season was riddled with late minute losses. It was a trend that started then and would continue to this day.

This team can't handle surges from other squads and it's troubling. They used to play their best when the other team brought it, and could be trusted to clamp down like a vice grip when they needed to.

Now you can almost always expect them to start scrambling around for 2 minutes at a time when the other team ratchets up the effort and or puts out the extra attacker at the end of the game

Hell, even in the game against Winnipeg where the Bruins dominated all game still gave up a goal late.

I'm not sure if it's the coaching or the players or both but we'll never win another cup if it doesn't change.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I don't really think that's true joe, are we judging ourselves against Toronto and Philly? Or do we want to be a top 5 team again that doesn't blow leads late?

In 2013, they had a pretty good year, then went on to win the conference and take the Hawks to 6 games. But, aside from an amazing comeback against Toronto, that season was riddled with late minute losses. It was a trend that started then and would continue to this day.

This team can't handle surges from other squads and it's troubling. They used to play their best when the other team brought it, and could be trusted to clamp down like a vice grip when they needed to.

Now you can almost always expect them to start scrambling around for 2 minutes at a time when the other team ratchets up the effort and or puts out the extra attacker at the end of the game

Hell, even in the game against Winnipeg where the Bruins dominated all game still gave up a goal late.

I'm not sure if it's the coaching or the players or both but we'll never win another cup if it doesn't change.

You mean the Philly that finished ahead of Boston last year and made the playoffs.

That Philly?

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
If you were to watch every team around the league, you would realize that this happens to each of them on a regular basis. On Wednesday night alone:

Philly up 2-1 with 6+ minutes to go and they give up 3 to TB and lose 4-2.

TOR up 3-0, blows that, up 4-3 in the 3rd, blows that, and loses in a SO.

exactly, not sure why but it`s human nature to take the foot off the gas peddle.

I sure never played at this level but I did play enough that I was involved in many games where the team I was on by a bunch of goals and the coach kept screaming at us to keep pushing yet..........no clue why, started to go into protect mode rather than continue playing the way that put us up by a bunch of goals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia