Providence Bruins General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I'm excited to see Peter Cehlarik doing well. I was on board with him after our friend overseas ( I can't remember his handle ) gave us updates this past season. You gotta think he's next in line to be called up when an injury occurs. It's also nice to see DeBrusk starting to get rewarded for his good play with some points.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
for those of you that go to these games.. how has debrusk looked? i see he has a ton of shots but doesnt seem to be finding the back of the net. Im hoping to see him succeed after all the bashing he got when they drafted him, with all the kind words from scouts seems like he should be a player. what does the common man eye's scouting say?

He had a breakaway goal Saturday night where he pretty much just rushed the tender and popped it in close like he was going to run him over. It's clear he has nifty offensive talent, but adjusting to the level of play. I think Dean mentioned this.

Curious as to whether any of our PB regulars can describe how they're using Rinaldo?

Third line that often starts at home with Randall and Szwarz. They are tough to play against. Cannot complain about his individual play, he's not playing like a moron anymore.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Heinen needs time in providence. Smart player but needs to parlay that into real production

First game back (Friday) he got blanked, but apparently settled in after that?

Game 2: 1g/1a, 4 shots, +3

Game 3: 1g/1a, 8 shots, even

Think he will be "too good" for the AHL in short order and ends up back in Boston at some point. Hopefully, he's getting big minutes in PRO and playing in all situations.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
First game back (Friday) he got blanked, but apparently settled in after that?

Game 2: 1g/1a, 4 shots, +3

Game 3: 1g/1a, 8 shots, even

Think he will be "too good" for the AHL in short order and ends up back in Boston at some point. Hopefully, he's getting big minutes in PRO and playing in all situations.

We seem to have a lot of young kids that are close to be nipping at the heels of the established wingers for a pro roster spot.

incidental otter

Registered Spraint
May 27, 2015
Third line that often starts at home with Randall and Szwarz. They are tough to play against. Cannot complain about his individual play, he's not playing like a moron anymore.

Thank-you. It's nice to hear he's better, but not so good that we risk seeing him with the big boys for a call-up.

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
Is it just me or do we have lots of unconventional names on our roster? My dad waits for me to fill him in on some of these guys. He just resently got Pasta down:laugh:I remember even Looch was a challenge in the beginning

Well, Sweeney did trade away Smith and Jones.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
I'm a Rinaldo supporter...unreal what he does for the Hamilton community. He made a mistake and paying for it, however, I hope he gets another opportunity.

Since he would they would call him up 5 games in advance and basically waste a roster spot, I don't see him ever getting back to Boston. Plus they have much better injury call ups in my opinion with any combination of Kuraly, Heinen, Cehlarik, and Debrusk.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I'm a Rinaldo supporter...unreal what he does for the Hamilton community. He made a mistake and paying for it, however, I hope he gets another opportunity.

Maybe an organization closer to the Hamilton community would be a better fit.

Good luck to him, but I fail to see where there would be a fit for him on the Boston roster this season

incidental otter

Registered Spraint
May 27, 2015

I wasn't aware of his charitable work, so thank-you for bringing it to my attention.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010

No reason Jimmy Hayes should be on the Bruins instead of Rinaldo. At least Rinaldo hits and might score a goal this year, not sure Hayes will.

Malt

Jul 6, 2007
Providence, RI
Disappointing finish to the game last night, as the Phantoms won in OT 4-3. 3-on-3 hockey is amazing to see live, however.

Providence gave up two 2-goal leads. They dominated play in the first two periods and then coasted in the third and went into "keep the lead" mode. Sound familiar? :sarcasm:

Subban was decent but needed to stop the third goal that tied things up. He didn't have much of a chance on the other goals.

Cehlarik looks great out there. Big, fast, good shot. A nice draft pick.

Heinen and Debrusk are gonna need a full year to mature, IMHO. The hockey sense is there but they aren't difference makers right now, IMHO.

Love Blidh's game. Always gives 100% and plays a clean game despite his role on the team.

Cave and Hargrove seem to be in sophomore slumps. And as you know, Rinaldo has been neutered and maybe threw one hit all game.

Hoping for a better outcome next time.

Last edited:

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Disappointing finish to the game last night, as the Phantoms won in OT 4-3. 3-on-3 hockey is amazing to see live, however.

Providence gave up two 2-goal leads. They dominated play in the first two periods and then coasted in the third and went into "keep the lea" mode. Sound familiar? :sarcasm:

Subban was decent but needed to stop the third goal that tied things up. He didn't have much of a chance on the other goals.

Cehlarik looks great out there. Big, fast, good shot. A nice draft pick.

Heinen and Debrusk are gonna need a full year to mature, IMHO. The hockey sense is there but they are difference makers right now, IMHO.

Love Blidh's game. Always gives 100% and plays a clean game despite his role on the team.

Cave and Hargrove seem to be in sophomore slumps. And as you know, Rinaldo has been neutered and maybe threw one hit all game.

Hoping for a better outcome next time.

Thanks Malt...who deserves the next call up?

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
If Boston needs some scoring help (snicker), Cehlarik is that guy. But Blidh deserves a look too if the 4th line needs a boost.

I'd like to see Cehlarik get a look next to Krejci, which would also allow us to see Spooner back at center for 9 or 10 games to see if he's improved.

Cehlarik - Krejci - Backes
Beleskey - Spooner - Czarnik

pierre gagnon*

Mar 15, 2013
St. Catharines
I'd like to see Cehlarik get a look next to Krejci, which would also allow us to see Spooner back at center for 9 or 10 games to see if he's improved.

I like that, so many options with the skill of the forwards and depth this year. Which will come in handy if they make a deep run, healthy and stacked teams usually can do that

Silva

Nov 23, 2005
Massachusetts

Is cehlarik LW or RW? Hockeydb has him listed as left handed by RW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad