Providence Bruins General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
http://www.providencejournal.com/sp...ps-1-cave-hargrove-score-in-1st-win-of-season

PROVIDENCE – Colby Cave and Colton Hargrove scored their first goals of the season and Zane McIntyre made 20 saves as the Providence Bruins defeated the St. John’s IceCaps, 2-1, before 6,428 fans at the Dunkin Donuts Center on Sunday afternoon.

The IceCaps' Mark Barberio fired a shot off the crossbar with 1:30 left, but Providence held on for their first win of the season as McIntyre made a save on Michael McCarron at the final buzzer.

A fight between McCarron and Providence's Justin Hickman broke out after the final horn. Hickman got the better of the fisticuffs but suffered a broken nose when McCarron head-butted him.

"It’s disappointing. There’s no place for that,'' said P-Bruins coach Kevin Dean.

In other news, Dan Vladar was returned to Atlanta.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Well I'm glad the Habs didn't waste a first on a circus act :laugh:

*That's just a generic shot at MTL, I actually have no idea how McCarron is doing other than the fact he was ineffective with MTL when I saw him last year*

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Great. Love the Providence thread. I just love going to those games - AHL hockey is such a great take.

With the recent drafts and number of college UFAs the Bruins are in on this when it settles should be a strong team

10,000 plus Friday night tells you all you need to know

Grzelcyk Kuraly DeBrusk Subban McItyre ....lot of intriguing players

Reading Malt and Garbage Goals takes and following Mark Diiver tweets for several years just seems right

Go Baby B's

Malt

Jul 6, 2007
Providence, RI
Some quick thoughts after attending Friday's game and seeing some highlights from the other two games...

Peter Mueller looked good on Friday. He's got a great shot and his skating was decent enough. I wonder if he'll actually sign an AHL contract.

DeBrusk looks great out there. He had "only" one assist for the weekend but got a lot off shots on net. The goals are coming, soon.

Cave is real deal, at least at the AHL level, and I think we'll see up in Boston some time this year. I predict 50 points for the year for CC.

I'm still intrigued by Colton Hargrove--nice blend of size and smarts. I'm not sure why he was out on Friday, but he got on the board Sunday against St. John.

Speaking of which, it was nice to see of clip of Hickman peppering Michael McCarron with lefts prior to being head-butted(while the refs were trying to separate the two). Hickman still needs to work on his skating, from what I could see on Friday.

Anton Blidh continues to buzz around and be a pest. Scored 10 last year but will need quite a few more before he gets a serious look, IMHO.

Not much to say about the D. Bart actually leads the team in points so far but he still doesn't handle the puck well. Same with Casto.

Will be interesting to see if a guy like O'Gara gets sent down in a few weeks, even if he's playing fairly well for the big club.

Subban supposedly had the flu a few days ago, so we'll see how he performs next weekend.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Providence out shot St Johns 51-20

Czarnik centered DeBrusk and Mueller

DeBrusk credited with 6 shots

Cehlarek first game

Subban only 3rd goal was weak per Mark Divver but sounds very bad goal and flipped out when pulled

Sweeney at game with Langenbrunner taking in first Providence game of year

All per Divver

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
What an awful pick Subban was, knew it from the start.

Eh, I thought he was playing pretty well last year until he got hit in the throat. Couple of bad outings to start the year but I think he will be fine and will end up an NHL goalie.

Doubt it's here though tbh.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
Hated the pick and didn't understand all the hype afterwards -- still hope Subban turns into something (he seems really nice) but at this point he has to be hoping for a backup spot, no?

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Hated the pick and didn't understand all the hype afterwards -- still hope Subban turns into something (he seems really nice) but at this point he has to be hoping for a backup spot, no?

He's will still only be 23 in December. Still seems a bit premature to call his story over.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
He has gotten better since he first arrived here but at some point you are what you are and I think we're at that point,he still makes the same mistakes 3 years in and in my opinion he's mentally fragile

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
He's will still only be 23 in December. Still seems a bit premature to call his story over.

Oh his story will continue, probably in the German or Swiss league.

I agree with Colt, hated the pick at the time. Made zero sense for a team wanting to contend, who already had a 24-year old No.1 goaltender for the foreseeable future, to select a goaltender.

I don't care how poorly the guys taken immediately after turned out, it was a bad decision, period.

If his last name wasn't Subban he would of been a 2nd rounder.

He's got all the athleticism in the world. Problem is between the ears. Poor, some would say flawed, technique (although it's has improved), mentally fragile, complete opposite of his older brother.

This is now his 5th season since being drafted, and his 4th pro season. He hasn't progressed as expected, end of story.

There hasn't been one training camp/preseason where Subban has even given the coaching staff pause for thought about keeping him in Boston. Not one.

Chiarelli should of traded him back in 2015 when teams were interested. He's got minimal trade value now.

And were worried about LV taking him in the expansion draft? Give me a break.

Fonzerelli

Jul 15, 2015
I'll come to you
Nice to see Cave with a letter. He has a strong reputation as a real leader and being recognized for that in Providence is no small thing, considering almost the entire team is made up of former captains.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->