Providence Bruins General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Wouldn't be surprised if cehlarik gets a call up soon. He's been a pro for a while. Wouldn't mind seeing him try to jumpstart the big clubs 3rd line. He has a 3rd line depth scorer feel to him

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Wouldn't be surprised if cehlarik gets a call up soon. He's been a pro for a while. Wouldn't mind seeing him try to jumpstart the big clubs 3rd line. He has a 3rd line depth scorer feel to him

He was one of the standouts pre-season...not sure why he was sent down to Providence. Hoping he does have a chance on the 3rd line. Watching Hayes is making me sick to my stomach. Crazy how many lives Hayes has. Really head scratching. Must drive other prospects crazy!!!!

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
He was one of the standouts pre-season...not sure why he was sent down to Providence. Hoping he does have a chance on the 3rd line. Watching Hayes is making me sick to my stomach. Crazy how many lives Hayes has. Really head scratching. Must drive other prospects crazy!!!!

I think "stand out" might be pushing it a bit, but I know that he's your boy. I do agree that he's a better option than Hayes, but he was sent down because before he was hurt the FO liked the play of Czarnik better, and also Heinen. DeBrusk was still in the mix as well.

I do think that Cehlarik's playing against men in the SEL could be a good thing while Heinen and DeBrusk gain more pro experience. Not sure if he can play both wings or only his natural side?

Friar85

Dec 16, 2013
Cehlarik is interesting I think. Played in the Swedish league, decent offensive stats in a league known for defense. I've had a chance to watch him more than the other prospects because he played on the Slovakian WJC and IIHF WC teams, but I'd struggle to put a comparable on him. He plays the game in a very European style, puck control and seeing the open ice well but seeming to struggle in areas where North American hockey excels, attacking the net, board work and strength on the puck. Prior to the PB's season the Journal had an article where Dean was quoted extensively about Cehlarik. My memory is that he indicated that management felt Cehlarik needed to work on his skating, in the sense that he needed to maintain a consistent effort level during a shift to stay with the play. The old "keep your feet moving" trope. So, I was really surprised and take it as a good sign that he was (apparently?) given an "A" by Dean.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Cehlarik is interesting I think. Played in the Swedish league, decent offensive stats in a league known for defense. I've had a chance to watch him more than the other prospects because he played on the Slovakian WJC and IIHF WC teams, but I'd struggle to put a comparable on him. He plays the game in a very European style, puck control and seeing the open ice well but seeming to struggle in areas where North American hockey excels, attacking the net, board work and strength on the puck. Prior to the PB's season the Journal had an article where Dean was quoted extensively about Cehlarik. My memory is that he indicated that management felt Cehlarik needed to work on his skating, in the sense that he needed to maintain a consistent effort level during a shift to stay with the play. The old "keep your feet moving" trope. So, I was really surprised and take it as a good sign that he was (apparently?) given an "A" by Dean.

His skating appeared to be much improved during preseason (and not just in a keep your feet moving sort of way).

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
4-3 loss in OT at Toronto. Rinaldo, Mueller and Szwarz with goals. Vladar made 35 saves on 39 shots.

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto
Vladdar Played a great game tonight. I would say in a few years a tandem of Mcyntire and Vladder will look pretty good. Both big athletic gaolies. Arneson was playing wing tonight. Another 2nd round bust. Debrusk showed some pretty good wheels, Faster than I thought he was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad