Prospects Tournament(s) Thread

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
Natural Hatty for Stephane Da Costa

Some observations:

Noesen has been relentless on the forecheck sometimes owning the shift by himself with it. As advertised, absolutely annoying to play against.

Right after Murray says they want to see more of Da Costa's shot, he scores on two clappers from the blue line.

Mark Stone's stick through the neutral zone is all over the place, I had heard this about him from Brandon fans before.

Zibanejad's vision, puck skill, skating, size and creativity are all clear pluses. He never stops skating either. He's going to be outstanding. He'll wear a letter in Ottawa someday is my guess.

Andre Petersson is proving to be the orgs most talented player, his tenacity is higher than we've ever heard it was, he's healthy and all he needs is size. He's about as big as Erik Karlsson and shorter on the ice. I think he's got speed that we didn't know he had either.

Shane Prince is clicking with the above two...and he looks like the 1st rounder many thought he'd be.

Rundblad's been strong but you can see sometimes he doesn't have the room to what he wants to do. The plus side is his decision making hasn't been too slow...which is what seems to hold Pat Weircioch from using his offensive skills.

In all Jakub Culek and Louie Caporusso are probably the most most disappointing players on the Sens side.

AlexanderTheGood

I was absolutely amazed/stunned with the skill-level of the Senator's prospects.

I know I'm getting way over my head here, but I believe that if Petersson, Zibanejad, Noesen, Rundblad, Cowen, and Lehner all stay reasonably healthy... that the Senators have a really good shot at winning the cup over the next decade.

Regardless of what happens, congratulations Ottawa! Your team has some of the greatest fans, and now some of the greatest prospects in hockey, and your franchise most definitely deserves it.

The Fuhr*

Petersson had another great game... even better then yesterday. His speed is game breaking and has a high skill level to go with it.

cheerupmurray

May 26, 2010
Stockholm
Petersson has always been so damn talanted. Just always been a lot of questionmarks around his name, like the career treathening back problems, alleged bad work ethic and the fact that he is small. If everything falls in to place, and he can play without pain and so forth Ottawa could have a gem in this guy. He has always been one of the swedish forward prospects with most raw talent (shot, skating, hands and so on).

Aznguy

Aug 5, 2011
I was absolutely amazed/stunned with the skill-level of the Senator's prospects.

I know I'm getting way over my head here, but I believe that if Petersson, Zibanejad, Noesen, Rundblad, Cowen, and Lehner all stay reasonably healthy... that the Senators have a really good shot at winning the cup over the next decade.

Regardless of what happens, congratulations Ottawa! Your team has some of the greatest fans, and now some of the greatest prospects in hockey, and your franchise most definitely deserves it.

Thanks man, we dont have the best fans haha but our prospects are pretty damn good if you ask me. Machovsky was kind of weak in net today, if lehner was in he probably wouldve stopped 3 of the soft goals machovsky let in. All in all Brandon Saad is a beast, i was a little dissapointed with Rundblad not saying he was bad but i was expecting more. Its only because he needs to adjust to the smaller ice since he's used to more space to make his dazzling plays. If rundblad adjusts to the N.A ice in a year or 2 then we will see the beast he truely is.

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com

I told my buddy the other day, we'll be back as Cup contenders in the next 5 years. They know what they are doing. The score didn't tell the whole story today IMO...the creativity and skill on the Sens side was much higher.

I think everyone has underestimated Mika Zibanejad's ceiling. Team's that have 2nd line centers with that kind of skill set, size and motor...usually end up contenders.

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
Petersson has always been so damn talanted. Just always been a lot of questionmarks around his name, like the career treathening back problems, alleged bad work ethic and the fact that he is small. If everything falls in to place, and he can play without pain and so forth Ottawa could have a gem in this guy. He has always been one of the swedish forward prospects with most raw talent (shot, skating, hands and so on).

Ottawa claims is back problems are over with...or are completely manageable.

He's faster than we had thought and he's been absolutely pesty tenacious. He still needs to continue to get stronger...but a really nice talent.

Sevanston

Dec 27, 2009
NYC
Saad has been dynamite for the Hawks in the Leafs tourney

After 2 GP (against the Leafs and the Sens), he's got a stat line of 3 goals + 2 assists = 5 points

Ringing Iron

May 8, 2011
wow....The Senators have some nice prospects but let's not get carried away. Their main roster has about 4-5 actual NHLers at the moment. Their future is bright but to put together a stanley cup winning team takes more than great prospects. They are headed in the right way thats for sure

Saad has been very impressive and no one has ever doubted his talents. It's been his lack of consistency and intensity at times that made him fall to the second round. I am hoping that he will put all those naysayers to rest and this tournament is a start. However, he NEEDS to bring that consistency and intensity this season.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
So exciting to watch the Sens' prospects. And that's without one of their top forward prospects, Jakob Silfverberg + another high pick this year no doubt. Finally...getting some talent in the pipeline!

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
whats the status of peterssons back? Has he fully recovered now?

Until he came over to North America it sounded like it would hamper him for ever. Now the Sens are saying it's behind him or at least is completely manageable.

Seems like a lot of the question marks around his game may be behind him as well. A lot more fight in him than was expected.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
If only NCAA players were allowed in this tournament. Having to watch Youds, Manning and Danis-Pepin on the same defense is pathetic. :facepalm:

Nachoman AlfieSavage*

wow....The Senators have some nice prospects but let's not get carried away. Their main roster has about 4-5 actual NHLers at the moment.

Wow! Maybe we can lump all Leaf fans together when you make idiotic comments like that.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
If only NCAA players were allowed in this tournament. Having to watch Youds, Manning and Danis-Pepin on the same defense is pathetic. :facepalm:

Zucker and Coyle would go a long way toward making our prospect roster look presentable.

member 30781

Campbell just let up a gimme. McColgan showed some nice patience on that shot though. Really wanted to pass that pack on the 3-on-1

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
Zucker and Coyle would go a long way toward making our prospect roster look presentable.

I know. For any team with any good prospects in the NCAA you go into a prospect tourny like this without putting your best foot forward..

Does anyone know why NCAA prospects can attend prospect camp in July but not these tournaments in September?

ShotDownCrosby

Sep 29, 2009
Ontario

Thanks!

Nice to hear some good things from a non-sens fan.

Its been nice watching the prospects (especially for me because I haven't really seen them).

I'd have to say Rundblad, Cowen haven't surprised me. But Zibanejad's speed has really impressed me, Petersson also impressed me (but he is healthy now).

Excited to see who breaks into the NHL this year.

On another note, there have been huge stand outs from the Pens (tangradi) and Hawks (saad) as well. (sorry I didn't spend as much time watching exactly who was standing out on other teams).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad